What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2016-17 Fantasy League*** League is set - Good Luck! (1 Viewer)

Changing GA to -.5 per two goals looks difficult, if at all, to set up.

The basic set-up is X points per event - event is defined as a GA.  There is an option for bonus or range - but that did not look like it would be able to handle -.5 for every 2 GA.

Changing GA to -.5 per two goals looks difficult, if at all, to set up.

The basic set-up is X points per event - event is defined as a GA.  There is an option for bonus or range - but that did not look like it would be able to handle -.5 for every 2 GA.
Well then maybe -0.25 per goal against.  Not perfect, but certainly better, imo.

Glad we got someone to take that last spot.  With Christo we already have one dummy team, would be weird to have another.

1. Christo - Zlatan - F Man Utd
2. Three Thousand - Harry Kane - F - Spurs
3. Drunken Slob - Sergio Aguero - F - Man City
4. Eephus - Vardy Party - F - Leicester
5. Tlef - Kevin De Bruyne - M - Man City
6. Sinn - Mesut Özil - M - Arsenal
7. Gator
8. FreeBaGel
9. Brady Marino
10. Jmon
11. Bonzai
12. Moe
13. Poke 4 Life
14. PUT YOUR NAME HERE

1.7 - Roberto Firmino, F, Liverpool

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets slow down a sec while we figure out where @gianmarco is going to slot into the draft.  And also lets finalize any scoring changes before we get too far into the draft.

I have temporarily adjusted the scoring as follows:

YC = -0.5

GA - Defenders = -0.25

Tackles = 0.1

Interceptions = 0.1

So you can see how it affects scoring on the league site.

This is done.

Anyone have any thoughts on 0.1 for tackles and interceptions?  Overall it does not make a huge difference, but it helps defenders a little - who realistically lose points as often as they gain points due to the -0.5 goals against.
I'm good with that, or anything else. 

Not a fan of adding tackles and interceptions.  It's just a random number that doesn't directly translate to the real-life scoreboard. 

Not a fan of adding tackles and interceptions.  It's just a random number that doesn't directly translate to the real-life scoreboard. 
Well, I think it has a more direct correlation to on-field contributions than GA.  Keeper who has a howler negatively impacts the entire defense, even though they did their job.  Same with conceding PK goals, or even most goals where 1 defender makes a mistake, and they all pay the price.  At least with tackles and interceptions, the players have a specific individual contribution to the overall defense. 

This is going to be like a PPR debate, innit? 

"He caught the ball for negative yards and he gets a point????"

I guess for me, I just like that everyone starts with 2 points for staring the game, then positive contributions should be rewarded, and negative contributions should be punished.  For defender, whose main job is to protect the goal, there are currently no points awarded for doing that job effectively.  Keepers at least get points for saves - which would be similar to tackles and interceptions for outfield players.

Like yellow cards??!

I should have lobbied to just remove yellow card scoring and just leave negative scoring for reds.

I'm waiting to hear if I get to pick who I would have taken at 1.2 or if I have to take someone that hasn't been drafted yet.  There is 1 player that was taken so far that I would have taken pretty easily over anyone else but I'll defer to what others say.

I'm waiting to hear if I get to pick who I would have taken at 1.2 or if I have to take someone that hasn't been drafted yet.  There is 1 player that was taken so far that I would have taken pretty easily over anyone else but I'll defer to what others say.
I'm cool with whatever as long as I get to keep Bobby Samurai 

I am fine with starting over at 1.2, or putting Gianmarco now, or putting Gianmarco at the end.  I'll go with whatever we can get via some semblance of a majority.

I would like to get a consensus on scoring too....

I say slot Gian in now at 1.8. It's not going to make a huge difference either way, and the first six picks had already been made by the time he rolled. Now if he wants Firmino (lol), who was picked after he rolled, then he can have him at 1.7 and take that slot for the rest of the draft.  

I like the scoring changes but am a little ignorant as to how exactly they would impact things (fantrax is blocked at work). Don't care either way. It's time for an executive decision though. 

I say slot Gian in now at 1.8. It's not going to make a huge difference either way, and the first six picks had already been made by the time he rolled. Now if he wants Firmino (lol), who was picked after he rolled, then he can have him at 1.7 and take that slot for the rest of the draft.  
I vote for this

Ok - executive decision time it is.

We will slot @gianmarco in at the 1.8 slot in the draft, and bump everyone else down one slot.

Lets go ahead and implement the scoring changes, including adding the 0.1 for tackles and interceptions - with apologies to @Eephus who is already operating at a handicap being a left coaster and not able to take full advantage of the line-up deadlines we implemented last season.

so, with, 1.8 Gianmarco takes........

Romelu Lukaku - F - Everton/Chelsea

1. Christo - Zlatan - F Man Utd
2. Three Thousand - Harry Kane - F - Spurs
3. Drunken Slob - Sergio Aguero - F - Man City
4. Eephus - Vardy Party - F - Leicester
5. Tlef - Kevin De Bruyne - M - Man City
6. Sinn - Mesut Özil - M - Arsenal
7. Gator - Roberto Firmino - F - Liverpool
8. Gianmarco - Romelu Lukaku - F - Everton
9. FreeBaGel
10. Brady Marino
11. Jmon
12. Bonzai
13. Moe
14. Poke 4 Life
I will get a google spreadsheet started tonight, and will try to keep the 2nd post updated through the draft.

Quick reminder on drafting rules, since we have a few new players this season.

During the draft, you can select players who are currently not in the league - i.e. Pogba is available to be drafted right now.  There is no limit on the number of non-league players you can draft.  But, once the draft is complete, nobody can be picked up unless/until they are in the Fantrax database - usually a day or so after they sign with a PL team.  Those players who are added to the database will have to clear waivers before they are eligible to be picked up as FAs.

Waivers - we run weekly waivers based on the reverse order of the current draft order.  When you make a waiver claim, you move to the back of the list.

You can trade players and/or picks.

We don't have a time limit on picks yet, but since we got started a little late, we may have to look at that later.  When you make your pick, please try to remember to mention the person drafting behind you so that they get a message.

tried to join manually instead of clicking the link and got the same message bagel was getting earlier. 

tried to join manually instead of clicking the link and got the same message bagel was getting earlier. 
Try now.

Blend was still listed as an owner.  Hopefully, this is the last of the old owners - I can see email addresses, but its not easy to match to FBG usernames.

Users who are viewing this thread