What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pokemon Go (1 Viewer)

I'll help anyone out but reserve the right to hold 2 or 3 requests for task 6.  Let me know if you need/want now.

4892 0340 6451 - sporkalope

If you're looking for out of town eggs, I live on the Arlington/Alexandria, VA border and work in DC.

Haven't played since the first 2 months. Have I missed much? Worth picking back up?
Yes. I reinstalled it about three weeks ago and am having a blast. It’s no longer just Pidgies and those stupid green worms everywhere. 

So doing the dratini quest you apparently get party hat pikachu. The wife just got him when I was telling her to do the same. He didn’t pop up for me earlier today. :(

madshot,

Do you need the friend accept for Coffee4LifeYo currently?  The majority of my 22 friends are FBGs with the exception of a handful of Georgetown, DC folks I've encountered around the office.  I don't know how many board members are left and would like to hold for when we've got another friend requirement in task 6.

Thanks.

sporkalope

PS, I'm going to have to work these locals to get my 3 trades in Task 5.

PPS,  Everyone holding off on claiming rewards for each task and popping a Lucky Egg to close out the task?  I started with Task 2 and evolved a bunch of new Gen 4 & 5 I've been saving to my Pokedex clearing about 80k xp. 670k to Level 39.
I’m good, a bunch of fbgs took my invite. We can friend up when we are on that quest.

So what are the leagues? I just got to a field research that says battle another person in the great league....
The league determines which Pokemon you can use when you battle another trainer. The Great League is the lowest of the 3 leagues, so you can use any of your Pokemon with CP of 1500 or lower when you battle against another trainer. The higher leagues allow you to use Pokemon with higher CP in the battle.

madshot31 said:
So doing the dratini quest you apparently get party hat pikachu. The wife just got him when I was telling her to do the same. He didn’t pop up for me earlier today. :(
Wait - the end award for this quest is a stupid party Pikachu?  I’ve got like 20 of the stupid event ones already.  

I was looking on Ebay for different things and I stumbled on Pokemon Go. The amount of money people for some of these Pokemon is just crazy.  I really want a Kangaskhan, and there is no way I will ever travel to get one, but I just don't see risking my account to buy one. The cost for some of the Shiny ones is off the chain.  I got lucky my neighbor just came back from Europe and got me a Mr. Mime.

I was looking on Ebay for different things and I stumbled on Pokemon Go. The amount of money people for some of these Pokemon is just crazy.  I really want a Kangaskhan, and there is no way I will ever travel to get one, but I just don't see risking my account to buy one. The cost for some of the Shiny ones is off the chain.  I got lucky my neighbor just came back from Europe and got me a Mr. Mime.
I got a Khan from a 7k during that event....still waiting on the Mr.Mime…..

How much are the ones with a filled out Pokédex?  I assume that or one with a lot of legendaries are the most expensive.  Level 40 accounts don’t seem to be that rare any more.

My wife and daughter started playing when we recently went to the UK, which got me back into it.  I’m going to add a few of you as friends if you don’t mind.  My code is below if you’d like to add

4942 1474 2808 - Fyn33

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait - the end award for this quest is a stupid party Pikachu?  I’ve got like 20 of the stupid event ones already.  
The shark move is to go for party hat pichu.  Pichus with hats worth more in trades.

(Hint: 7km and 2km hatches)

I’ve got two me mimes if someone desperately wants one (caught at the louvre, oddly enough) I’ve been out of this game so long I didn’t even know you can trade

Basically just hit appraisal and keep anything strong to amazing. Then use Poke Gene (you have to download) to further realize if you want to keep. 

Still don't have a Groudon--daughter and I tried a raid today with two lower level players---wow, that sucked. 

Next week the armored Mewtwo come out in raids. Already working on setting up groups to go after this. 

Pretty good holiday week

Finished the jump start research which got me to level 38, and a shiny eevee

Got a shiny Milotic

Got a shiny Groudon

and got my 2nd shiny magikarp

got about 15 rare candies as well....

GF still enjoys this game so I’ll get out and play with her a bit occasionally. Just hit 37. My top dudes

- 8 Latios incl a 100IV shiny 

- 19 MewTwo (96IV top) 

- 15 Tyranitar (1 shiny / 93IV top) 

- 17 Kyogre (93IV top) 

- 9 Groudon (3 shiny, 96IV top) 

She used some keyboard thing to name the things with some code system :lol:  

GF still enjoys this game so I’ll get out and play with her a bit occasionally. Just hit 37. My top dudes

- 8 Latios incl a 100IV shiny 

- 19 MewTwo (96IV top) 

- 15 Tyranitar (1 shiny / 93IV top) 

- 17 Kyogre (93IV top) 

- 9 Groudon (3 shiny, 96IV top) 

She used some keyboard thing to name the things with some code system :lol:  
Damn @[icon] that's impressive....the only way I get legendary mon is when i get them via research tasks....of course my 9 year old sons friends think my account is awesome....lol

Took the afternoon off and went hunting with my daughter as today was the Armored Mewtwo launch. We were in a group of 125+ people walking and managed to catch two.  Very good day!! 

My 16 year old drives he and his little brother to the Mall of America twice this week. That place must have a dozen gyms and 30 pokestops. And a crapload of people (many skilled Japanese tourists) who just go around slaughtering in the raids. 

My 16 year old drives he and his little brother to the Mall of America twice this week. That place must have a dozen gyms and 30 pokestops. And a crapload of people (many skilled Japanese tourists) who just go around slaughtering in the raids. 
Kind of jealous - I have access to lots of stops and gyms but I never see groups out - not sure I'm ready seek out a cornhole with strangers to play Pokemon

Correct. You can also search your list of pokemon to find any perfect IV pokemon by entering 4* on the search line. Doing that search will produce a list of all pokemon you have that have perfect IV.
Of all the ones I have, I have TWO with perfect IV's.  One Glaceon and one Bonsly.  I've got more shiney's than 4*.  I do wonder how many I transferred using the old appraisal that may have been 4* under the new system...

Kind of jealous - I have access to lots of stops and gyms but I never see groups out - not sure I'm ready seek out a cornhole with strangers to play Pokemon
I have to go out of my way to hit a stop on a given day.  I drive by 1 after dropping the kids off at daycare, and to get my streak (and bonus evolution item) every 7 days, I'll pull into a parking spot to spin there...otherwise, NO stops anywhere I am for an extended period.  None at the office, None at home.  I also NEVER EVER EVER have pokemon show up at my house.  I can burn an incense and maybe get 1.  I'm one of those fools who has to buy pokeballs sometimes.  If we stay at a hotel or something that has a stop, my wife gets pissed at me constantly playing.

I have 6:

Mantine

Whiscash

Onix

Lapras

Vaporeon

Jynx

I have always been a big IV watcher and would scan anything that I caught that appraised as amazing.   I have 640 guys  in my Dex and every one of them has a number and letter next to their name.  :nerd:

With the addition of Shadow Pokemons in this latest update, I am going to have to expand my storage, but I haven't seen one yet. 

Last weekend the Entei raid was insane here. There were 2500-3000 people gathered downtown around the museum playing. I caught 2 shiny ones. The Mudkip event is this weekend. We have a very active Pokemon community here.  

does that iv thing even matter?? i mean they nerfed gyms.....maybe for high level raid parties?? 
I think most of the craziest Pokemon players (and money spenders) have at least some form of OCD, this is part of it.

Or think of them like PSA 10's for baseball card collectors.

"Gotta catch'em all!"

I'm out of balls because my ####### backpack is always full. 
I pretty much dump non-max potions, regular revives, nanab berries, razz berries, and great balls to make room for the better stuff.

I'm up to 2000 item storage so not as much of a problem anymore, just need to decide what to do with these 250 rare candies.

I'm out of balls because my ####### backpack is always full. 
You gotta get rid of the stuff you don't use.  I almost never find gyms...so I don't carry much as far as potions.  I also trash most of my pineapples.  

With that said, we were in NYC this weekend and I gave my 5 year old my phone to use a good bit.  I told him NOT to use anything but the red balls - now I'm 100% out of red balls and have TONS of blue.  Oy. 

I'm still a pretty avid player. Lots of players around me still and we have a good whatsapp group for raiding.

I've got 75 4*, almost 200 gold gyms, well over 100k pokestops and 100k pm caught.  Yeah - I play too much. 

Got my shiny alolan raichu today! One more shiny off the 'to-do' list.

Shiny Rayquazza starts!
Got mine yesterday along with three regular ones. 

Also finished out all my normal Ralts evolves and did shiny evolves of it as well.

The shadow Pokemon thing is challenging. I am one of those collectors who wants one of everything. Having a Rattata. shiny Rattata, shadow Rattata, purified Rattata , Alolan Rattata and shiny Alolan Rattata then rinse and repeat with the Raticate really puts a strain on my Pokemon storage. 

The other thing about the shadow battles is the toll it takes on your revives and potions. I don't notice it as much because I am surrounded by stops at my job, but my daughter (who is still in the low 30's) is always out of revives and potions.. Some of those battles are tough even when you have a high CP guy in there.

So I got my first 1,000+ Pokemon, but it doesn't appraise as a 3*. Worth keeping?
My Pokedex is constantly evolving--especially now with the streamlined appraisal system. If I catch something that is 3 stars, I will then scan it with Pokegenie and get the exact number on it. If it is better than the one I have, I just transfer that other one out. I just always keep striving to get the closest to perfect IV's  on every one of them I can. Yeah, I know I need a life. 

As far as shinys, I keep all of them. It is cost prohibitive to trade them, but you never know if you run into someone who really wants it. 

My daughter gets me watching a lot of the YouTube Pokemon people like Mystic7 and Trader Tips and those guys have 10 million stardust.. How the heck do you get that much? 

Users who are viewing this thread