What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Popular FFA Threads You Don't Get And Other Musings (1 Viewer)

Aerial Assault

Footballguy
Of course the Obama thread and the Clinton thread are both complete maniac-fests with the usual right-wing sock puppets attacking with their paper knives.  (The latest: Obama, that *******, should have passed something about gun control when the Democrats had control of Congress for a few months!!!) 

But what other threads don't you get, or don't you visit?  Perhaps we can revitalize the FFA with a greater understanding and bridge the divide between us, as well as encourage more "Who's Hottest" threads, even if they're entitled "Whose Hottest?"  

I must confess that I am not a BBQ aficionado so I have never opened the McClure thread nor do I really understand it.

GMTAN: nice folks with one or two exceptions.  

People are still negotiating with DirecTV (or wondering if they can).  Can't believe that needs a whole thread.  :lol:   Someone's on some new diet kick.  I like the beer thread and jamny's physics/astronomy thread. 

What don't you get, or do you wish was a recurring popular FFA topic? 

Of course the Obama thread and the Clinton and Trump and Gary Johnson and everything else thread are both complete maniac-fests with the usual right-wing all political, irrespective of their affiliation, FBGs sock puppets attacking with their paper knives.  (The latest: Obama, that *******, should have passed something about gun control when the Democrats had control of Congress for a few months!!!) 

But what other threads don't you get, or don't you visit?  Perhaps we can revitalize the FFA with a greater understanding and bridge the divide between us, as well as encourage more "Who's Hottest" threads, even if they're entitled "Whose Hottest?"  

I must confess that I am not a BBQ aficionado so I have never opened the McClure thread nor do I really understand it.

People are still negotiating with DirecTV (or wondering if they can).  Can't believe that needs a whole thread.  :lol:   Someone's on some new diet kick.  I like the beer thread and jamny's physics/astronomy thread. 

Fixed your post.  Do you really think the political psychos are relegated to just the OBama and Clinton thread bashers?  Cmon man.  It's a cesspool in every single one of these. It's your perspective that only views it one way - they are all terrible.  

Believe it or not, Reddit has a few political forums that demand respect for your fellow political adversary and is a better read to someone who just wants to learn about all takes - and is better than FBG on those types of thread by a ####### mile. We are the remedial reading class of the internet message board politics world. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed your post.  Do you really think the political psychos are relegated to just the OBama and Clinton thread bashers?  Cmon man.  It's a cesspool in every single one of these. It's your perspective that only views it one way.  
Cool, wasn't really my intention to get political.  I should have excluded that from the OP. 

And on edit after checking, yeah, you're wrong.  The Johnson thread is completely civil.  The Trump thread completely lacks the ridiculous belligerence and vile postings in the Obama and Hillary threads.  So more false equivalence.  Whatever.  But I still shouldn't have mentioned the politics.  Back to this thread, I hope. 

I'm a total wuss when it comes to gambling. I'm not a runner. I don't watch Game of Thrones, hockey, soccer, or the NBA. 

I do enjoy living vicariously through the guys in the dating threads though. I wish they were more graphic. 

This type of thread is a Pet Peeve of mine.

I think I've been here seven years.

What does " GMTAN " mean?  :bag:

I'm a total wuss when it comes to gambling. I'm not a runner. I don't watch Game of Thrones, hockey, soccer, or the NBA. 

I do enjoy living vicariously through the guys in the dating threads though. I wish they were more graphic. 
Are there still dating threads? 

The gambling thread is well-"run" by JB but I'm not much of a gambler either.  Not a GOT fan or an NBA fan although I do get a laugh out of Capella's changing thread titles for the latter. 

There used to be a "Beautiful Women" thread but it was just pics - nothing wrong with that of course.  But I wish someone would start a "Women You Find Attractive And Why" thread for discussion rather than just pics.  Hmmm. 

This type of thread is a Pet Peeve of mine.

I think I've been here seven years.

What does " GMTAN " mean?  :bag:

GM's (General Malaise's) thread about nothing.  When we used to have those cool subtitles for threads, two or three downgrades ago, it was subtitled "GM's Thread About Everything."  All are welcome; discussion is about absolutely anything.  GM is a really nice guy.  There are a couple of tools but for the most part everyone's very nice and tolerant of non-regulars (like me) posting occasionally.  Good thread; represents the FFA well.   

Maybe, but I have no idea.

I have clicked on it from time to time but can never figure out what they are talking about. It is like coming into a movie after missing the first 30 minutes and trying to figure out what is going on. :shrug:

GM's (General Malaise's) thread about nothing.  When we used to have those cool subtitles for threads, two or three downgrades ago, it was subtitled "GM's Thread About Everything."  All are welcome; discussion is about absolutely anything.  GM is a really nice guy.  There are a couple of tools but for the most part everyone's very nice and tolerant of non-regulars (like me) posting occasionally.  Good thread; represents the FFA well.   
I read that thread when I have the time. So like once or twice a month.

My best guess before the above was that it was someone as annoying as MOP. 

I check GMTAN often but rarely post. I've decided that I would much rather read Homer's rehab stories than hundreds of pages of why ____________ will make a terrible president.

But you asked what GMTAN meant with the :bag: emoticon, and then I proceeded to explain the concept of the whole thread like you were two years old.  You just didn't get the "GMTAN" acronym, I think.   

Of course the Obama thread and the Clinton thread are both complete maniac-fests with the usual right-wing sock puppets attacking with their paper knives.  (The latest: Obama, that *******, should have passed something about gun control when the Democrats had control of Congress for a few months!!!) 

So to bridge the divide, the first thing you do is attack the Right? Epic Fail. my friend.

But you asked what GMTAN meant with the :bag: emoticon, and then I proceeded to explain the concept of the whole thread like you were two years old.  You just didn't get the "GMTAN" acronym, I think.   
I got it after you explained it.     I've seen it now and then.... was never to worried about it or tried to figure it out... and thought it was a person like MOP is a person.

Is that thread really just about Pearl Jam?  Never opened it.  I assumed it was code for something else or at least some synecdoche where Pearl Jam stood in for all bands or all concerts or whatever. 

I enjoy Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Voice, and the Bachelor shows.  The latter are just pure mindless escapism (with some occasional travel to interesting scenic places).  The Survivor thread here is pretty good, the TAR thread is as well (just underserved a bit), there is virtually no discussion of The Voice, and the Bachelor threads feature some of the FFA's funniest people.  And McGarnicle.   

Is that thread really just about Pearl Jam?  Never opened it.  I assumed it was code for something else or at least some synecdoche where Pearl Jam stood in for all bands or all concerts or whatever. 
They've done a good job of flying under the radar but they've got a pretty intense fanbase. PJ20 is a great rock documentary even if you're not a fan imo.

If you're of legal drinking age, and regularly posting in the professional wrestling thread, I'm going to assume you suffer from some form of Peter Pan Syndrome.

The BBQ thread is about one of us striking out on his own and opening what has become a very successful restaurant concept. Its been a great read. And of course there was the great BBQ voting war no prisoners were taken. A lot of good stuff in there.

The BBQ thread is about one of us striking out on his own and opening what has become a very successful restaurant concept. Its been a great read. And of course there was the great BBQ voting war no prisoners were taken. A lot of good stuff in there.
Gotcha, thanks.  I meant no disrespect; I just didn't get it. 

Ok I'm willing to open my ears/eyes: which 3-5 threads do you recommend? Fwiw there aren't any threads I 'avoid'.

Also Willie had a cool idea about people trying to start a thread a day, it didn't really take hold though...

Cool, wasn't really my intention to get political.  I should have excluded that from the OP. 

And on edit after checking, yeah, you're wrong.  The Johnson thread is completely civil.  The Trump thread completely lacks the ridiculous belligerence and vile postings in the Obama and Hillary threads.  So more false equivalence.  Whatever.  But I still shouldn't have mentioned the politics.  Back to this thread, I hope. 
Well this is going nicely. 

The Pearl Jam thread always amazed me. I mean they were good and all that, but I mean I think I saw that thread with like 40000 posts or something before it seems to have vanished or been purged.  

The Pearl Jam thread always amazed me. I mean they were good and all that, but I mean I think I saw that thread with like 40000 posts or something before it seems to have vanished or been purged.  
woahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ohhhh, ohhh oh.  glad you're a fan culdeeeeohhhh.  maybe check out our old stuff.  yellow leadbetter, top notch.

eeeveeenfloowww, oh!

i miss it when you could have friends here eddie vedder was a friend on the old swcs account and that made me feel pretty damned good most days bromigo love that guy take that to the bank 

Users who are viewing this thread