What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bourbon guys (1 Viewer)

In again for whatever icon is generous enough to donate his time to putting together. I also split the sharing with my wife (only a sip though!) so can see why 2oz could be preferred for others doing that. 1oz seemed enough for us though.
Same. 

Very grateful we have @[icon] willing and able to put together this kind of thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Swanson said:
Picked up this bottle a couple weeks ago.  Reputed to be old Bernheim mash that had been aging at Stitzel-Weller. Could be a bunch of marketing BS but I got it at retail so I figured it's worth a shot.  Haven't tried it yet.

Rhetoric 25
Have heard good things. 

Dkago bought  the old Stitzel-Weller facility and had been storing casks there to capitalize on the fame. 

While it's not the infamous. Stitzel-Weller distillate, that old Bernheim stuff was supposedly extremely good as well. I've not tried it myself. Look forward to your feedback :thumbup:  

Hopefully i got this right. If I missed someone or put your name next to the wrong option please let me know.  

Folks in the queue please pick a sampler.  

Folks not in yet, please Speak up with preferred samplers if you'd like. 

Spectrum Sampler: 
Wide range of stuff. Bourbons, Ryes, maybe Japanese? Assorted proofs. Assorted distilleries. Most/all at least semi-rare to rare. 
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it.

1) Kutta 
2) Instinctive (Pick 1) 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5)

Top Shelf Sampler: 
Extremely rare/allocated stuff. These are $25 to 75 per pour at most any bar. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (WLW,GTS,THH), Willet Family Estate (old stuff from gift shop), Dusties from 70's/80's, "Pappy", etc.
Tentatively $70-90ish depending on what goes into it. 
OPTIONAL:  BLIND or LABLED

1) Top Dog
2) Ron Swanson 
3) CGDrJoe (?) 
4)
5)

Bucket List Sampler: 
Popular allocated names like Blantons, Weller 12, Elmer T Lee, etc. Maybe a surprise mixed in.  

Tentatively $40-50ish depending on what goes into it? 

1) Instinctive (Pick One) 
2)
3)
4)
5)

In Queue to pick a Slots: 

Man w No Name
Freakshow - Spectrum
Desert Power
Brutal Penguin 
Cincredfan
NathanJessop - Spectrum 

I would like the spectrum, good sir! Like another poster, if you have unfilled spots at the end, I would happily pony up for any of the others. Thank you so much for doing this!

Hopefully i got this right. If I missed someone or put your name next to the wrong option please let me know.  

Spectrum Sampler: 
Wide range of stuff. Bourbons, Ryes, maybe Japanese? Assorted proofs. Assorted distilleries. Most/all at least semi-rare to rare. 

1) Kutta 
2) Instinctive (Pick 1) 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5)

Top Shelf Sampler: 
Extremely rare/allocated stuff. These are $25 to 75 per pour at most any bar. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (WLW,GTS,THH), Willet Family Estate (old stuff from gift shop), Dusties from 70's/80's, "Pappy", etc.

1) Top Dog
2) Ron Swanson 
3) CGDrJoe (?) 
4)
5)

Bucket List Sampler: 
Popular allocated names like Blantons, Weller 12, Elmer T Lee, etc. Maybe a surprise mixed in.  

2)
3)
4)
5)

Man w No Name
Freakshow - Spectrum
Desert Power
Brutal Penguin 
Cincredfan
NathanJessop - Spectrum 
Top Shelf would be best for me. I'm down for whichever though. :thumbup:  

I know I'm late to the party, but if a spot in the Top Shelf Sampler is still open I'd like to get in on it - even willing to pony up for 2 oz to share with 2 of my friends - they're part of our "quarantine family" and the two husbands in the group and I each take turns bringing out or finding bottles to try/share - this would be perfect for that.

Totally understand of I am too late or if the decision is to stay with the 1oz. samplers - the last one was spectacular.

Ok. Hold on. If we are picking one, and it's an option, I'd go with Top Shelf. I was trying to suggest something that I thought the most people would do. But I would for sure do the top shelf if given the option.

Ok. Hold on. If we are picking one, and it's an option, I'd go with Top Shelf. I was trying to suggest something that I thought the most people would do. But I would for sure do the top shelf if given the option.
You get no option!

Fine - I’ll sit in the corner and suck down some Old Number 7
She said, "Rest assured darlin' if we're drinkin' it down here in Dixie That's 'cause that's what they're pourin' up in Heaven."

Thanks @kuttafor that earworm.  Although, as earworms go I can live with it.

First Dibs in Queue pick a Slots: Please pick between Bucket or Spectrum
@cincredfan
Gamma1210

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it

1) Kutta (2oz)
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) 

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND

1) aCarey50 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5)

----- CLOSED -----

Top Shelf Sampler: OPTIONAL BLIND OR LABELED -- FULL/CLOSED
Please let me know if you'd like the bottles blind or labeled. 

1) @top dog - Labeled
2) @Ron Swanson - Labeled
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta - Blind
6) @acarey50 - Labeled

I'm hoping to get these out sometime next week, pending arrival of supplies and my free time. Starting to run through ideas in my head on what I want to feature. This will be fun. :)  

My bad. I got you on both, GB. 

Ok! Wait again. I’ll do all of them if that’s an option. I just don’t want to take up someone else’s spot. But put me down for as many as possible.
Don't get greedy punk. ;)  

Want your top shelf labeled or blind? 

Blind please. And I’ll pay for 2 oz so I can share with a couple buds
I can do that with the Spectrum. Already expanded Top Shelf to 6 entries to squeeze ya in. That's already about 1/3 of a bottle of a lot of good stuff. :)

Have heard good things. 

Dkago bought  the old Stitzel-Weller facility and had been storing casks there to capitalize on the fame. 

While it's not the infamous. Stitzel-Weller distillate, that old Bernheim stuff was supposedly extremely good as well. I've not tried it myself. Look forward to your feedback :thumbup:  
PM me an address.  The least I can do is send you a sample!

Spectrum Sampler: 

1) Kutta 
2) Instinctive (Pick 1) 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5)

Top Shelf Sampler: 

1) Top Dog
2) Ron Swanson 
3) CGDrJoe (?) 
4)
5)

Bucket List Sampler: 

2)
3)
4)
5)

Man w No Name
Freakshow - Spectrum
Desert Power
Brutal Penguin 
Cincredfan
NathanJessop - Spectrum 
I'd be up for Bucket or Spectrum if there's room.

Would love to do Top Shelf but might be more $ than I can get past budget review

@[icon] - Put me down for labeled on the top shelf!  :thumbup:

Thanks for doing this again. It was very cool the last time around. It's a lot of work you are doing "just because" .  :hifive:

I can do that with the Spectrum. Already expanded Top Shelf to 6 entries to squeeze ya in. That's already about 1/3 of a bottle of a lot of good stuff. :)
If I'm in two categories, I'll give up my Spectrum spot for someone else. Thanks for getting me into the Top Shelf group.

This is closed unless folks wanna swap spots (please tag me in swaps so I don't miss them) 

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it

1) @Redwes25 (added via Kutta) 
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND

1) aCarey50 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5) Gamma1210 

Top Shelf Sampler: OPTIONAL BLIND OR LABELED 

Please let me know if you'd like the bottles blind or labeled. 

1) @top dog - Labeled
2) @Megla - Labeled
3) @CGRdrJoe - ??
4) @Desert_Power ?? 
5) @kutta - Blind
6) @acarey50 - Labeled

I'm hoping to get these out sometime next week, pending arrival of supplies and my free time. Starting to run through ideas in my head on what I want to feature.

This will be fun. :)  

For those who haven't participated: 

The "Blind" tasting isn't completely blind for good. I will take photos of the bottles with the sample vials filled & numbered and hold it until the end. 

Everyone receives a pack with your 5 vials numbered. You try them, and fill out the survey rating them and leaving tasting notes. 

I compile the ratings and reveal what everyone tasted, how you guys rated them, which bottle "won", etc. There are usually a few surprises along the way with how certain bottles end up getting rated :)  

Looking at options for Top shelf right now and I know of a ~$875 bottle, a $575 bottle, and a $550 bottle that will be included. Considering another $750-850 bottle. Either way at least One "dusty" from the 70s / 80s will be included. 🔥

I also have a fun surprise in mind for the Spectrum tasting. :)  

For those who haven't participated: 

The "Blind" tasting isn't completely blind for good. I will take photos of the bottles with the sample vials filled & numbered and hold it until the end. 

Everyone receives a pack with your 5 vials numbered. You try them, and fill out the survey rating them and leaving tasting notes. 

I compile the ratings and reveal what everyone tasted, how you guys rated them, which bottle "won", etc. There are usually a few surprises along the way with how certain bottles end up getting rated :)  

Looking at options for Top shelf right now and I know of a ~$875 bottle, a $575 bottle, and a $550 bottle that will be included. Considering another $750-850 bottle. Either way at least One "dusty" from the 70s / 80s will be included. 🔥

I also have a fun surprise in mind for the Spectrum tasting. :)  
This is so awesome that you are organizing and doing this!

I will gladly fill a spot if open in either. Highest quality possible if any still open. Enjoy peeps will be following either way. Last post showing lists showed a few open and seen a few requests so my bad if late to party...so to speak lol Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread