Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bourbon guys


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

In again for whatever icon is generous enough to donate his time to putting together. I also split the sharing with my wife (only a sip though!) so can see why 2oz could be preferred for others doing that. 1oz seemed enough for us though.

Same. 

 

Very grateful we have @[icon] willing and able to put together this kind of thing. 

Edited by Instinctive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2020 at 12:32 PM, Ron Swanson said:

Picked up this bottle a couple weeks ago.  Reputed to be old Bernheim mash that had been aging at Stitzel-Weller. Could be a bunch of marketing BS but I got it at retail so I figured it's worth a shot.  Haven't tried it yet.

Rhetoric 25

Have heard good things. 

Dkago bought  the old Stitzel-Weller facility and had been storing casks there to capitalize on the fame. 
 

While it's not the infamous. Stitzel-Weller distillate, that old Bernheim stuff was supposedly extremely good as well. I've not tried it myself. Look forward to your feedback :thumbup: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully i got this right. If I missed someone or put your name next to the wrong option please let me know.  

Folks in the queue please pick a sampler.  

Folks not in yet, please Speak up with preferred samplers if you'd like. 

Spectrum Sampler: 
Wide range of stuff. Bourbons, Ryes, maybe Japanese? Assorted proofs. Assorted distilleries. Most/all at least semi-rare to rare. 
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it.

1) Kutta 
2) Instinctive (Pick 1) 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5)
 

Top Shelf Sampler: 
Extremely rare/allocated stuff. These are $25 to 75 per pour at most any bar. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (WLW,GTS,THH), Willet Family Estate (old stuff from gift shop), Dusties from 70's/80's, "Pappy", etc.
Tentatively $70-90ish depending on what goes into it. 
OPTIONAL:  BLIND or LABLED

1) Top Dog
2) Ron Swanson 
3) CGDrJoe (?) 
4)
5)

 

Bucket List Sampler: 
Popular allocated names like Blantons, Weller 12, Elmer T Lee, etc. Maybe a surprise mixed in.  

Tentatively $40-50ish depending on what goes into it? 

1) Instinctive (Pick One) 
2)
3)
4)
5)

 

In Queue to pick a Slots: 

Man w No Name
Freakshow - Spectrum
Desert Power
Brutal Penguin 
Cincredfan
NathanJessop - Spectrum 

 

Edited by [icon]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, [icon] said:

Hopefully i got this right. If I missed someone or put your name next to the wrong option please let me know.  

Folks in the queue please pick a sampler.  

Folks not in yet, please Speak up with preferred samplers if you'd like. 

Spectrum Sampler: 
Wide range of stuff. Bourbons, Ryes, maybe Japanese? Assorted proofs. Assorted distilleries. Most/all at least semi-rare to rare. 
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it.

1) Kutta 
2) Instinctive (Pick 1) 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5)
 

Top Shelf Sampler: 
Extremely rare/allocated stuff. These are $25 to 75 per pour at most any bar. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (WLW,GTS,THH), Willet Family Estate (old stuff from gift shop), Dusties from 70's/80's, "Pappy", etc.
Tentatively $70-90ish depending on what goes into it. 
OPTIONAL:  BLIND or LABLED

1) Top Dog
2) Ron Swanson 
3) CGDrJoe (?) 
4)
5)

 

Bucket List Sampler: 
Popular allocated names like Blantons, Weller 12, Elmer T Lee, etc. Maybe a surprise mixed in.  

Tentatively $40-50ish depending on what goes into it? 

1) Instinctive (Pick One) 
2)
3)
4)
5)

 

In Queue to pick a Slots: 

Man w No Name
Freakshow - Spectrum
Desert Power
Brutal Penguin 
Cincredfan
NathanJessop - Spectrum 

 

Top Shelf would be best for me. I'm down for whichever though. :thumbup: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I'm late to the party, but if a spot in the Top Shelf Sampler is still open I'd like to get in on it - even willing to pony up for 2 oz to share with 2 of my friends - they're part of our "quarantine family" and the two husbands in the group and I each take turns bringing out or finding bottles to try/share - this would be perfect for that.

Totally understand of I am too late or if the decision is to stay with the 1oz. samplers - the last one was spectacular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok. Hold on. If we are picking one, and it's an option, I'd go with Top Shelf. I was trying to suggest something that I thought the most people would do. But I would for sure do the top shelf if given the option.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kutta said:

Ok. Hold on. If we are picking one, and it's an option, I'd go with Top Shelf. I was trying to suggest something that I thought the most people would do. But I would for sure do the top shelf if given the option.

You get no option!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kutta said:

Fine - I’ll sit in the corner and suck down some Old Number 7

She said, "Rest assured darlin' if we're drinkin' it down here in Dixie That's 'cause that's what they're pourin' up in Heaven."

Thanks @kuttafor that earworm.  Although, as earworms go I can live with it.

Edited by Ron Swanson
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

She said, "Rest assured darlin' if we're drinkin' it down here in Dixie That's 'cause that's what they're pourin' up in Heaven."

Thanks @kuttafor that earworm.  Although, as earworms go I can live with it.

Perfect reference 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First Dibs in Queue pick a Slots: Please pick between Bucket or Spectrum
@cincredfan
Gamma1210

 

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it

1) Kutta (2oz)
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) 

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND
Tentatively $40-50ish depending on what goes into it?

1) aCarey50 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5)

 

----- CLOSED -----

Top Shelf Sampler: OPTIONAL BLIND OR LABELED -- FULL/CLOSED
Tentatively $70-90ish depending on what goes into it. 
Please let me know if you'd like the bottles blind or labeled. 

1) @top dog - Labeled
2) @Ron Swanson - Labeled
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta - Blind
6) @acarey50 - Labeled

 

I'm hoping to get these out sometime next week, pending arrival of supplies and my free time. Starting to run through ideas in my head on what I want to feature. This will be fun. :) 

Edited by [icon]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kutta said:

Ok. Hold on. If we are picking one, and it's an option, I'd go with Top Shelf. I was trying to suggest something that I thought the most people would do. But I would for sure do the top shelf if given the option.

My bad. I got you on both, GB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, [icon] said:

My bad. I got you on both, GB. 

Ok! Wait again. I’ll do all of them if that’s an option. I just don’t want to take up someone else’s spot. But put me down for as many as possible.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kutta said:

Ok! Wait again. I’ll do all of them if that’s an option. I just don’t want to take up someone else’s spot. But put me down for as many as possible.

Don't get greedy punk. ;) 

Want your top shelf labeled or blind? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kutta said:

Blind please. And I’ll pay for 2 oz so I can share with a couple buds

I can do that with the Spectrum. Already expanded Top Shelf to 6 entries to squeeze ya in. That's already about 1/3 of a bottle of a lot of good stuff. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, [icon] said:

Have heard good things. 

Dkago bought  the old Stitzel-Weller facility and had been storing casks there to capitalize on the fame. 
 

While it's not the infamous. Stitzel-Weller distillate, that old Bernheim stuff was supposedly extremely good as well. I've not tried it myself. Look forward to your feedback :thumbup: 

PM me an address.  The least I can do is send you a sample!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, [icon] said:

Hopefully i got this right. If I missed someone or put your name next to the wrong option please let me know.  

Folks in the queue please pick a sampler.  

Folks not in yet, please Speak up with preferred samplers if you'd like. 

Spectrum Sampler: 
Wide range of stuff. Bourbons, Ryes, maybe Japanese? Assorted proofs. Assorted distilleries. Most/all at least semi-rare to rare. 
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it.

1) Kutta 
2) Instinctive (Pick 1) 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5)
 

Top Shelf Sampler: 
Extremely rare/allocated stuff. These are $25 to 75 per pour at most any bar. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (WLW,GTS,THH), Willet Family Estate (old stuff from gift shop), Dusties from 70's/80's, "Pappy", etc.
Tentatively $70-90ish depending on what goes into it. 
OPTIONAL:  BLIND or LABLED

1) Top Dog
2) Ron Swanson 
3) CGDrJoe (?) 
4)
5)

 

Bucket List Sampler: 
Popular allocated names like Blantons, Weller 12, Elmer T Lee, etc. Maybe a surprise mixed in.  

Tentatively $40-50ish depending on what goes into it? 

1) Instinctive (Pick One) 
2)
3)
4)
5)

 

In Queue to pick a Slots: 

Man w No Name
Freakshow - Spectrum
Desert Power
Brutal Penguin 
Cincredfan
NathanJessop - Spectrum 

 

I'd be up for Bucket or Spectrum if there's room.

Would love to do Top Shelf but might be more $ than I can get past budget review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, [icon] said:

I can do that with the Spectrum. Already expanded Top Shelf to 6 entries to squeeze ya in. That's already about 1/3 of a bottle of a lot of good stuff. :)

If I'm in two categories, I'll give up my Spectrum spot for someone else. Thanks for getting me into the Top Shelf group.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, [icon] said:

This is closed unless folks wanna swap spots (please tag me in swaps so I don't miss them) 

 

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND
Tentatively $30-40 range depending on what goes into it

1) @Redwes25 (added via Kutta) 
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND
Tentatively $40-50ish depending on what goes into it?

1) aCarey50 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5) Gamma1210 


Top Shelf Sampler: OPTIONAL BLIND OR LABELED 

Tentatively $70-90ish depending on what goes into it. 
Please let me know if you'd like the bottles blind or labeled. 

1) @top dog - Labeled
2) @Megla - Labeled
3) @CGRdrJoe - ??
4) @Desert_Power ?? 
5) @kutta - Blind
6) @acarey50 - Labeled

 

I'm hoping to get these out sometime next week, pending arrival of supplies and my free time. Starting to run through ideas in my head on what I want to feature.
 

This will be fun. :) 

 

Edited by [icon]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those who haven't participated: 

The "Blind" tasting isn't completely blind for good. I will take photos of the bottles with the sample vials filled & numbered and hold it until the end. 

Everyone receives a pack with your 5 vials numbered. You try them, and fill out the survey rating them and leaving tasting notes. 

I compile the ratings and reveal what everyone tasted, how you guys rated them, which bottle "won", etc. There are usually a few surprises along the way with how certain bottles end up getting rated :) 

 

Looking at options for Top shelf right now and I know of a ~$875 bottle, a $575 bottle, and a $550 bottle that will be included. Considering another $750-850 bottle. Either way at least One "dusty" from the 70s / 80s will be included. 🔥
 

I also have a fun surprise in mind for the Spectrum tasting. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, [icon] said:

For those who haven't participated: 

The "Blind" tasting isn't completely blind for good. I will take photos of the bottles with the sample vials filled & numbered and hold it until the end. 

Everyone receives a pack with your 5 vials numbered. You try them, and fill out the survey rating them and leaving tasting notes. 

I compile the ratings and reveal what everyone tasted, how you guys rated them, which bottle "won", etc. There are usually a few surprises along the way with how certain bottles end up getting rated :) 

 

Looking at options for Top shelf right now and I know of a ~$875 bottle, a $575 bottle, and a $550 bottle that will be included. Considering another $750-850 bottle. Either way at least One "dusty" from the 70s / 80s will be included. 🔥
 

I also have a fun surprise in mind for the Spectrum tasting. :) 

This is so awesome that you are organizing and doing this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ron Swanson any interest in acting as a consultant to help me select the bottles for each tier? :) 

I can bounce names/pics/ideas off ya in advance.... partially for takes on what should be included.... partially so we can taunt the participants. :banned: 

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...