Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bourbon guys

5 hours ago, Harris said:

Thanks! I'll check locally to see if Blanton's is around. As @Ron Swanson said below I live in Paris but should be obtainable. I see it online now for €60-70. I have a feeling I'm going to come out of this "search for one nice bottle" with about 6-8 bottles...

Thanks, didn't know that at all. I've got a couple of places I'll be going to check out and see what's in stock. Will definitely report back.

Hell if you're in Paris then look up the ability to score a Madison Du Whiskey release. Those are crazy rare. Not sure on how/where they're sold though. 

https://dewinespot.co/products/blantons-single-barrel-bourbon-la-maison-du-whisky-edition

5 hours ago, Instinctive said:

Critical thing a bunch of people don't do - make sure you refrigerate the vermouth after opening. Americans as a whole dislike vermouth, in large part because we do not store it properly and it goes bad and we drink it anyway,.

I did not know this 

Finally submitted Icon!  Sorry for the delay.  Definitely interested in seeing the results.  1 thing is for certain I need to find a way to cleanse my palate between samples.  Preferences weren’t consistent  and some differed based on order of trying.  I think my favorite this time would have placed low in my rankings from the first time you did this. Thanks again for coordinating!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cincredfan said:

Finally submitted Icon!  Sorry for the delay.  Definitely interested in seeing the results.  1 thing is for certain I need to find a way to cleanse my palate between samples.  Preferences weren’t consistent  and some differed based on order of trying.  I think my favorite this time would have placed low in my rankings from the first time you did this. Thanks again for coordinating!

All good! Our palates change over time.. hell mine changes night to night sometimes :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Evan Williams White - $13.99 - somebody suggest something better for the price.  It's damn tasty.

My go to. Love it. $24 per 1.75L.

We use it for our barrel aged cocktails...including the 19 month Solera-aged Old Fashioned "base" that everyone got as their Mystery Bottle in the recent round of samplers. :eek:  

It's basically 98% Evan White Label w splashes of homemade simple syrup, fresh squeezed OJ, and maraschino cherry juice aged in a 20 Liter #3 Charred American Oak cask for nearly 2 years in my hot ### garage in Memphis,TN. We pour over ice & 1-2 mashed cherries, hit with a dash or 2 of bitters and serve.

:D 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, [icon] said:

We use it for our barrel aged cocktails...including the 19 month Solera-aged Old Fashioned "base" that everyone got as their Mystery Bottle in the recent round of samplers. :eek:  

It's basically 98% Evan White Label w splashes of homemade simple syrup, fresh squeezed OJ, and maraschino cherry juice aged in a 20 Liter #3 Charred American Oak cask for nearly 2 years in my hot ### garage in Memphis,TN. We pour over ice & 1-2 mashed cherries, hit with a dash or 2 of bitters and serve.

That sounds awesome - after I sipped the EW White I made an Old Fashioned.  Yours sounds fantastic.  I guess no issues having the OJ sit for that long?  You’ve inspired me - May get a cask to do this and to make my bar have a cool look.  Do you have the ingredient measurements?

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

That sounds awesome - after I sipped the EW White I made an Old Fashioned.  Yours sounds fantastic.  I guess no issues having the OJ sit for that long?  You’ve inspired me - May get a cask to do this and to make my bar have a cool look.  Do you have the ingredient measurements?

Check out Barrels Online for barrels. Best source I've found and they'll engrave for you. 

We do a 10 & 20L. 1L is REALLY small (half a roll of English muffins). I suggest 3 or 5 L if you're going to do it. 

No issues with anything sitting in 100 proof booze that long 😂 Well the bitters will overpower the drink so go VERY light or just add later. 

I'll have to dig up the recipe. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, [icon] said:

Well, that sure SOUNDS good. But man, I did not like it at all! Maybe I was expecting straight whiskey? I had finished all the samples and that was the last one so it threw me for a loop. I was like - what the heck is this?

I’ve been saying for a while now that I no longer really like cocktails made with whiskey - that I always seem to prefer to just have the whiskey. I guess this proves that...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

12 hours ago, [icon] said:

relevant

• Laughing 1

14 hours ago, [icon] said:

OMG that makes so much more sense now. Wife and I both were just like why is it fruity?????? Glad to know I wasn't totally insane. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

21 hours ago, kutta said:

Well, that sure SOUNDS good. But man, I did not like it at all! Maybe I was expecting straight whiskey? I had finished all the samples and that was the last one so it threw me for a loop. I was like - what the heck is this?

I’ve been saying for a while now that I no longer really like cocktails made with whiskey - that I always seem to prefer to just have the whiskey. I guess this proves that...

Oh man - that stinks.  A well made cocktail is so fantastic and many times more preferable to me over straight whiskey.

But still, that EW White label is great straight or mixed.  And at the price point I don’t feel guilty mixing it.  Once I get above $40 I feel “bad” mixing it.  Would be a good poll - do you have a price point cutoff for mixing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Oh man - that stinks.  A well made cocktail is so fantastic and many times more preferable to me over straight whiskey.

But still, that EW White label is great straight or mixed.  And at the price point I don’t feel guilty mixing it.  Once I get above $40 I feel “bad” mixing it.  Would be a good poll - do you have a price point cutoff for mixing?

Am I a monster for using Elijah Craig to mix drinks or is that just below the threshold? Oregon has high alcohol tax (at least compared to NV) so maybe it's not as expensive as I think it is?

51 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Am I a monster for using Elijah Craig to mix drinks or is that just below the threshold? Oregon has high alcohol tax (at least compared to NV) so maybe it's not as expensive as I think it is?

I'd say it depends on which EC you are talking about.  Their Barrel Proof is outstanding and not something that I would mix.  It's also going to run you well over $40.  Single barrel or small batch are fair game and something I do.  Obviously, like anything it's your own financial situation.  If I could afford to buy EC Barrel Proof for my Old Fashioneds I'd do it in a heart beat and just have an extra bottle on hand when I want to sip it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Out of curiosity, how much are you paying?  I think you can get Small Batch around here for $27 and Single Barrel around $30. 

4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Out of curiosity, how much are you paying?  I think you can get Small Batch around here for $27 and Single Barrel around $30. 

We've been using small batch for mixing drinks and I want to say it was $35 when I got it last week?

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, kutta said:

That's funny, I also had it last, but the wife and I enjoyed it as the final sample as it almost felt like dessert and we did enjoy it, her moreso. I do like Old Fashioneds a lot though which played into it. I also assumed [icon] would throw a curveball at us too. Different palettes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CR69 said:

We've been using small batch for mixing drinks and I want to say it was $35 when I got it last week?

I see no issue with that at all.  Especially if you like it - ultimately that's all that matters.  I love bourbon but I'm no bourbon snob and if somebody can afford to pour cocktails with high end stuff I say go for it.

There's some online review sites that will advise on good mixing bourbons.  There's some higher end (read: higher proof) stuff that I typically wouldn't mix just because it throws the balance of the cocktail off.  I'm not mixing Bookers (probably ever) because the 120-130 proof is going to be hard to balance if you are truly after the cocktail experience.  A seasoned bartender probably could adjust and make an outstanding cocktail but I'm unwilling to experiment too much with a $100 bottle of bourbon.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Thanks 1

BUCKET LIST BREAKDOWN (4 responses recieved):

Completely blind tasted then graded by testers on a scale of 1-5.  

LAST PLACE: Stagg Jr (132.2 proof - Batch 4 - Spring 2015): 13 Points (2, 3, 3, 5)

Fruity notes, hot initial med/hot finish with ice hot start /smooth finish

Grain odor. Reminds us a little of Wellers. Chocolate. Very interesting mouth feel. I really liked this one

Nose: weaker, grassy, medicinal. Sweeter taste, seemed more viscous.

5TH PLACE: Elmer T Lee (2017): 14 Points (5, 3, 3, 3)

sharp smell/medicinal, bite initial taste, smooth finish with Ice...smooth to smooth, better with ice

Earthy odor? A nice flavor, a little stronger than we're used to. Earthy / grain / spicy flavors - Rye?

Musty/earthy nose, leather? Taste was oak, resin, pine. Some more burn, but a good burn.

4TH PLACE: Michters 10yr (2016): 16 Points (All 4's)

Smooth, George Benson smooth with a hot finish. Keep neat.

Not much of an odor. Aromatic / Earthy with a front of the tongue finish. Not as drinkable as 1, more drinkable than 2

Cedar/ wet wood nose. Stronger taste, higher ABV? Tobacco, wood taste

TIED - 2ND PLACE: Weller 12 (2019): 17 Points (5, 5, 4, 3)

Smooth start to finish, maybe too smooth for me lol, jk...Even smoother under ice, Perfect

Tastes like something we've had before. Very smooth yet still interesting. Oak notes? with good finish on back of tongue? I could drink a lot of this.

Caramel nose. Taste was cake, vanilla, marshmallow. Lower ABV, younger tasting with no wood.

TIED - 2ND PLACE: Old Weller Antique (Gaslight Liquor Pick 2019): 17 Points (5, 4, 4, 4)

Buttery smooth then hot/vanilla...held up to ice starting hot, smooth finish

Not much of an odor. Aromatic / Earthy with a front of the tongue finish. Not as drinkable as 1, more drinkable than 2

Nose: sweet, fruit, apple. Smooth taste, complex with toffee, caramel

WINNER: Evan Williams White Label Cask Aged Old Fashioned "Base": 18 Points (5, 5, 4, 4)

far and away favorite , smooth start to finish with fruit something .lol...tasted all and was last to taste, loved it but notes sparse. Thanks again. 2 tasted like a bourbon i just purchased. fyi.

Really good flavor, good drinkability

Nutty, musty nose. Taste: complex, balanced with citrus, some wood and sweetness, bubble gum? Smooth

Additional Notes:

I used a 10 point scale...? 11, 1- 9.79 and 9.86 2- 8.8, 3- 9.854-9.8, 5-9.3

Our first time with a bourbon tasting wheel, so we probably weren't very accurate. The SFTB was a great surprise - like concentrated Blantons . Thank you so much for doing this

Will do again. Everyone has different tastes and I suspected from experience that just because something costs more, it doesn't mean it's better.

Thanks ICON!

BOTTOM LINE: As always, there are some twists and turns with these.

I'm NOT surprised to find Stagg Jr at the bottom. It's very high proof (132.2 Proof) and the early batches of Stagg Jr they struggled to find ways to tame a very bold bourbon that's bottled at a pretty young age.

I'm guessing many will find it surprising to see Elmer T Lee near the bottom. IMO it's a pretty overrated bourbon that is tasty at $30-40 retail but not something worth lusting after.

Michters 10yr was included as it's another fairly high profile bottle that can be a little easier to actually obtain. This is an older release but they have held pretty consistent on flavor over the years.

Not surprised to see the Weller 12 and Old Weller Antique Pick tied near the top. Very good bourbon. Some prefer the smoothness of the 12 year, others appreciate that added punch the 107 proof bottling provides. 

The Mystery Bottle was a late addition. I like throwing curveballs in these, and I think a consistent takeaway has been that some very expensive / hard to get whiskeys are overrated, and sometimes very accessible bottles can be as good or better. This isn't a fair ranking for off the shelf Evan White in that I've added a bit of juice/syrup and a good bit more time aging... but I hope it does convey that there are very strong options for cheap... and that you can improve them by playing a bit. :)  

I'll let discussion roll for the Bucket List.... then we'll do Spectrum later on. :D 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1

8 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I see no issue with that at all.  Especially if you like it - ultimately that's all that matters.  I love bourbon but I'm no bourbon snob and if somebody can afford to pour cocktails with high end stuff I say go for it.

There's some online review sites that will advise on good mixing bourbons.  There's some higher end (read: higher proof) stuff that I typically wouldn't mix just because it throws the balance of the cocktail off.  I'm not mixing Bookers (probably ever) because the 120-130 proof is going to be hard to balance if you are truly after the cocktail experience.  A seasoned bartender probably could adjust and make an outstanding cocktail but I'm unwilling to experiment too much with a $100 bottle of bourbon.

Great post here. 

I think there are stages that bourbon drinkers go through. One of them is insisting that certain things be drank neat. One of them is chasing only good stuff. I've found personally as time goes on... it's "live and let live" with regards to how someone enjoys their whiskey. Yes I think it's silly to take a $1000 bottle of William Larue Weller and ice it down till it's diluted into $150 Weller 12... but It's your whiskey :) 

I've ordered Old Fashioneds made out of Thomas H Handy Rye (From the BTAC) in a bar because their prices were great.... made for an INCREDIBLE cocktail. If you're using spirit-forward drinks... I think sometimes good stuff can really shine and elevate the cocktail. If you're mixing 1 part bourbon with 2 parts coke over ice... I like to stick with Evan, Jim, or Jack :) 

I have found that my daily drinkers are Old Weller Antique (I acquired several cases at $35/bottle years ago) and Knob Creek 120 Picks ($50 for a 12-15 year old, 120 proof bourbon? YES).  I love Evan Williams and will take it over Jack Daniels personally. The 100 Proof White Label ranks as one of the best values in Bourbon IMO. :thumbup:  There's lots of AMAZING bourbon out there readily available. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Great post here. 

I think there are stages that bourbon drinkers go through. One of them is insisting that certain things be drank neat. One of them is chasing only good stuff. I've found personally as time goes on... it's "live and let live" with regards to how someone enjoys their whiskey. Yes I think it's silly to take a $1000 bottle of William Larue Weller and ice it down till it's diluted into $150 Weller 12... but It's your whiskey :) 

I've ordered Old Fashioneds made out of Thomas H Handy Rye (From the BTAC) in a bar because their prices were great.... made for an INCREDIBLE cocktail. If you're using spirit-forward drinks... I think sometimes good stuff can really shine and elevate the cocktail. If you're mixing 1 part bourbon with 2 parts coke over ice... I like to stick with Evan, Jim, or Jack :) 

I have found that my daily drinkers are Old Weller Antique (I acquired several cases at $35/bottle years ago) and Knob Creek 120 Picks ($50 for a 12-15 year old, 120 proof bourbon? YES).  I love Evan Williams and will take it over Jack Daniels personally. The 100 Proof White Label ranks as one of the best values in Bourbon IMO. :thumbup:  There's lots of AMAZING bourbon out there readily available. 

I have become enough of a cocktail snob, with help from the guys in the cocktail thread, to refuse to call a Jack and Coke a cocktail.  I'll make an exception for a Cuba Libre because it has a cool name.  :lol:

• Laughing 3

On 10/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, kutta said:

I think you are right - having that Old Fashioned base as the "winner" has me :lmao:  but I'm not poking fun at the others because I probably would have ranked it #1 too.  icon has inspired me - been checking out barrels on the site he linked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think you are right - having that Old Fashioned base as the "winner" has me :lmao:  but I'm not poking fun at the others because I probably would have ranked it #1 too.  icon has inspired me - been checking out barrels on the site he linked.

I should clarify - it's not that I don't like whiskey cocktails. It's just that almost every time I take a sip and think, "Hmmm, this is pretty good but I'd rather just have the whiskey." So I've pretty much stopped ordering them.

I have figured out that I really prefer to not have sweetness with my alcohol. I'll drink a margarita on a hot day, but that's only if I'm with the wife and we are sitting by a pool. Otherwise, I just want a beer or whiskey, dammit! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think you are right - having that Old Fashioned base as the "winner" has me :lmao:  but I'm not poking fun at the others because I probably would have ranked it #1 too.  icon has inspired me - been checking out barrels on the site he linked.

Just wanted to reiterate this is a VERY strong Old Fashioned. I call it a OF "Base" because it's almost entirely bourbon with just a touch of the juices/syrup to let them meld during aging, and to make pouring one up a bit simpler/quicker at the BBQfest booth. 

For $150 you can get a case of 6 Evan Williams White Label Handles (10 liters and change).  You could top off a 10L Cask and let it do its thing... or you can add some juices/syrup/etc and age cocktails. Just be careful with bitters.. over time they take over in a small cask. 

Also sometimes the casks will be a little leaky when they arrive. Fill with water to rinse. Then fill again and see if you have leaks. Mark them and rub wax (I use a candle) into big leaks. Then Fill cask again over a pan or something and the wood will swell and seal any other small leaks.

A good day of soaking should seal it up good. Then dump and fill with anything you'd like. :) I'll say pouring cask aged cocktails at the home bar is an eyebrow raiser for guests. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, [icon] said:

Just wanted to reiterate this is a VERY strong Old Fashioned. I call it a OF "Base" because it's almost entirely bourbon with just a touch of the juices/syrup to let them meld during aging, and to make pouring one up a bit simpler/quicker at the BBQfest booth. 

For $150 you can get a case of 6 Evan Williams White Label Handles (10 liters and change).  You could top off a 10L Cask and let it do its thing... or you can add some juices/syrup/etc and age cocktails. Just be careful with bitters.. over time they take over in a small cask. 

Also sometimes the casks will be a little leaky when they arrive. Fill with water to rinse. Then fill again and see if you have leaks. Mark them and rub wax (I use a candle) into big leaks. Then Fill cask again over a pan or something and the wood will swell and seal any other small leaks.

A good day of soaking should seal it up good. Then dump and fill with anything you'd like. :) I'll say pouring cask aged cocktails at the home bar is an eyebrow raiser for guests. 

I'm guessing (at least it was true for my wife and I) that a big part of the reason it "won" is that most of us tasted it last after several other straight bourbons and it offered a contrast, and since it had other ingredients it tasted more complex, similar to the California Gold article posted earlier. I just looked at the post its we wrote about all of these and I do think it was a factor. We originally had it first but dropped it to second after thinking we could only have a little of it since it was so sweet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [icon] said:

BUCKET LIST BREAKDOWN (4 responses recieved):

Completely blind tasted then graded by testers on a scale of 1-5.  

LAST PLACE: Stagg Jr (132.2 proof - Batch 4 - Spring 2015): 13 Points (2, 3, 3, 5)

Fruity notes, hot initial med/hot finish with ice hot start /smooth finish

Grain odor. Reminds us a little of Wellers. Chocolate. Very interesting mouth feel. I really liked this one

Nose: weaker, grassy, medicinal. Sweeter taste, seemed more viscous.

5TH PLACE: Elmer T Lee (2017): 14 Points (5, 3, 3, 3)

sharp smell/medicinal, bite initial taste, smooth finish with Ice...smooth to smooth, better with ice

Earthy odor? A nice flavor, a little stronger than we're used to. Earthy / grain / spicy flavors - Rye?

Musty/earthy nose, leather? Taste was oak, resin, pine. Some more burn, but a good burn.

4TH PLACE: Michters 10yr (2016): 16 Points (All 4's)

Smooth, George Benson smooth with a hot finish. Keep neat.

Cedar/ wet wood nose. Stronger taste, higher ABV? Tobacco, wood taste

TIED - 2ND PLACE: Weller 12 (2019): 17 Points (5, 5, 4, 3)

Smooth start to finish, maybe too smooth for me lol, jk...Even smoother under ice, Perfect

Tastes like something we've had before. Very smooth yet still interesting. Oak notes? with good finish on back of tongue? I could drink a lot of this.

Caramel nose. Taste was cake, vanilla, marshmallow. Lower ABV, younger tasting with no wood.

TIED - 2ND PLACE: Old Weller Antique (Gaslight Liquor Pick 2019): 17 Points (5, 4, 4, 4)

Buttery smooth then hot/vanilla...held up to ice starting hot, smooth finish

Nose: sweet, fruit, apple. Smooth taste, complex with toffee, caramel

WINNER: Evan Williams White Label Cask Aged Old Fashioned "Base": 18 Points (5, 5, 4, 4)

far and away favorite , smooth start to finish with fruit something .lol...tasted all and was last to taste, loved it but notes sparse. Thanks again. 2 tasted like a bourbon i just purchased. fyi.

Really good flavor, good drinkability

Nutty, musty nose. Taste: complex, balanced with citrus, some wood and sweetness, bubble gum? Smooth

Additional Notes:

I used a 10 point scale...? 11, 1- 9.79 and 9.86 2- 8.8, 3- 9.854-9.8, 5-9.3

Our first time with a bourbon tasting wheel, so we probably weren't very accurate. The SFTB was a great surprise - like concentrated Blantons . Thank you so much for doing this

Will do again. Everyone has different tastes and I suspected from experience that just because something costs more, it doesn't mean it's better.

Thanks ICON!

BOTTOM LINE: As always, there are some twists and turns with these.

I'm NOT surprised to find Stagg Jr at the bottom. It's very high proof (132.2 Proof) and the early batches of Stagg Jr they struggled to find ways to tame a very bold bourbon that's bottled at a pretty young age.

I'm guessing many will find it surprising to see Elmer T Lee near the bottom. IMO it's a pretty overrated bourbon that is tasty at $30-40 retail but not something worth lusting after.

Michters 10yr was included as it's another fairly high profile bottle that can be a little easier to actually obtain. This is an older release but they have held pretty consistent on flavor over the years.

Not surprised to see the Weller 12 and Old Weller Antique Pick tied near the top. Very good bourbon. Some prefer the smoothness of the 12 year, others appreciate that added punch the 107 proof bottling provides. 

The Mystery Bottle was a late addition. I like throwing curveballs in these, and I think a consistent takeaway has been that some very expensive / hard to get whiskeys are overrated, and sometimes very accessible bottles can be as good or better. This isn't a fair ranking for off the shelf Evan White in that I've added a bit of juice/syrup and a good bit more time aging... but I hope it does convey that there are very strong options for cheap... and that you can improve them by playing a bit. :)  

I'll let discussion roll for the Bucket List.... then we'll do Spectrum later on. :D 

First of all, excellent range of bourbons. It actually worked out that I have had 3 of these at some point in my life. It also makes me wish I didn't live in NJ, I can't get anything "rare" up here. 

I had Weller 12 once at a whiskey bar out in SF and loved it. Not surprised I enjoyed it again, but I did rank the higher proof Weller higher, and the difference was noticeable. Both were amazing, and I think the other scores suffered from strong competition. 

I've had other Michters but never the 10yr. I was at the distillery last year and I don't even think they had it there. What is the ABV on that? I feel like it may have tasted stronger than it was. 

I got Elmer T Lee as a gift like 8 years ago before it got popular and it was under $50. I remember loving it back then and it took off and I was never able to get another bottle. After the tasting I had a drink of I think Woodford or something and it tasted awful compared to all of these. So I think this suffered due to the other choices. I agree with you, at $40-50 its excellent but it shouldn't be one of the bottles people are chasing after. 

Stagg Jr. I was able to get once up here and I think this was in line with what I thought. Good value for a higher ABV sample but not amazing. 

Thanks again, curious to hear others' thoughts. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions in this thread on a celebration whiskey for the birth of baby no. 1. Went to a shop called La Maison du Whisky tonight and while it's a scotch lover's dream, they had a top quality bourbon selection as well.

Ended up walking out with this for €85.

They had the standard Blanton's and also Straight from the Barrell but after a bit more research wanted to try out the Gold.

Now I just have to wait 7 more weeks to crack it open with the wife... :sadbanana:

Edit to add: This was a dangerous store with tons of whiskey and also nice looking small batch gins, rums, and tequilas...my wife says I may not be allowed back in alone (she was with me this time to keep purchases to a minimum for now...)

Edited by Harris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Harris said:

Thanks for the suggestions in this thread on a celebration whiskey for the birth of baby no. 1. Went to a shop called La Maison du Whisky tonight and while it's a scotch lover's dream, they had a top quality bourbon selection as well.

They had the standard Blanton's and also Straight from the Barrell but after a bit more research wanted to try out the Gold.

Now I just have to wait 7 more weeks to crack it open with the wife... :sadbanana:

Edit to add: This was a dangerous store with tons of whiskey and also nice looking small batch gins, rums, and tequilas...my wife says I may not be allowed back in alone (she was with me this time to keep purchases to a minimum for now...)

Glad they had it! Enjoy 

2 hours ago, Harris said:

Enjoy and congrats! And first kid? You're gonna need more whiskey. :D 

On 10/8/2020 at 11:10 AM, AAABatteries said:

I have become enough of a cocktail snob, with help from the guys in the cocktail thread, to refuse to call a Jack and Coke a cocktail.  I'll make an exception for a Cuba Libre because it has a cool name.  :lol:

When in Cuba I learned the hard way that a Cuba Libre is made with white rum only, while a Cubata is made with aged rum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harris said:

Nice.  Wanna get in the shipping business?

• Love 1
  • Laughing 2

21 hours ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

Enjoy and congrats! And first kid? You're gonna need more whiskey. :D 

Yep, first one. I've got some Koval and Woodford on hand so I am well stocked for the foreseeable future. 

21 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Nice.  Wanna get in the shipping business?

Ha, would cost more than the bottle I'm sure. Perhaps one day I'd have some spare room in the suitcase though...

• Like 3

On 10/10/2020 at 3:28 PM, The Man With No Name said:

So this Evan Williams White that has been getting talked about here. Never had it. Looked for it today and saw it at my main buying place for $15.99. Didn't buy it but will probably try it out in the future.

It's my standard mixing bourbon, and would be a fine drinking one also. Bottled in Bond is, IMO a pretty good sign of quality. Or maybe I've been lucky. But every BiB I've ever had has been good. 

Edited by Instinctive
just dyslexia