Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bourbon guys


Recommended Posts

On 2/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, AAABatteries said:

WSR is fine but way overpriced in GA.  The whole Weller line is - it’s nuts.  I’ve basically stopped looking for them - too many other better whiskeys for cheaper. If you can get it for MSRP (which is what $25?) then it’s a yes every time for me.  I think the McKenna is better and $40 is an ok price - can’t find it here in GA for less than $50 and usually it’s $55-$60.

Agree on Weller in general.  

The full proof is my favorite bourbon bar none.  But I've never seen a bottle for less than 300$.  

12 year is fantastic--but it's gone to 200$ on secondary and it's hard to justify it when I like a lot of 40$ bourbons a similar amount.  

McKenna is not my thing.  A lot of people love it.  I'll echo what @AAABatteries and others have said 40$ is a really good price point for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jm192 said:

Agree on Weller in general.  

The full proof is my favorite bourbon bar none.  But I've never seen a bottle for less than 300$.  

12 year is fantastic--but it's gone to 200$ on secondary and it's hard to justify it when I like a lot of 40$ bourbons a similar amount.  

McKenna is not my thing.  A lot of people love it.  I'll echo what @AAABatteries and others have said 40$ is a really good price point for it.

Local place had a bundle they sold this past Saturday- you could get a store pick bottle of Full Proof for $75 but had to buy 7 other bottles from the distributor they partnered with.  Pretty much garbage you wouldn’t want unless you are a bar owner or just starting your own home bar from scratch - handles of low end gin, tequila x 2, Fireball, an Orange liqueur, scotch and Flatboat bourbon.  $300 total.  I debated trying to pick it up but ultimately decided I’d rather spend the $300 on all stuff I wanted.

Folks on FB were upset with the store but I didn’t really blame them if that’s the rule the distributor set - also, they were fairly upfront about the whole thing.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got around to doing an Infinity bottle in one of my decanters a couple weeks back.  1 oz. of each below - I stopped after the first 13 and let it sit.  Was freaking delicious.  Right now the proof is around 101. 

  • Knob Creek Small Batch
  • Old Forrester 86
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Early Times
  • Elijah Craig SB SP - Citi
  • 1792 SB SP - Dixie
  • Eagle Rare
  • Evan Williams BiB
  • Woodford Wheat
  • Smoke Wagon SB
  • Elijah Craig BP (C920)
  • Wilderness Trail - (High Rye MB) Family Reserve
  • Knob Creek SiB
  • Makers Cask Strength
  • Chattanooga 1816
  • Wild Turkey 101
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Wild Turkey Rare Breed
  • Chattanooga 111
  • Woodford Double Oaked
  • Weller Special Reserve
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, Ron Swanson said:

Not really.  The Pappy mania has really run its course. It's all about Kentucky Owl these days. But, I tell you what, since you're a FBG I'll offer to help take them off your hands at a fair price.

Tom Brady really turned out to be a dud. I'll be happy to take those rookie cards off your hands though. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jm192 said:

Agree on Weller in general.  

The full proof is my favorite bourbon bar none.  But I've never seen a bottle for less than 300$.  

12 year is fantastic--but it's gone to 200$ on secondary and it's hard to justify it when I like a lot of 40$ bourbons a similar amount.  

McKenna is not my thing.  A lot of people love it.  I'll echo what @AAABatteries and others have said 40$ is a really good price point for it.

Little tip re: Full Proof: 

Get OWA barrel picks for $50 when they come out instead. Most decent stores know enough to request them non chill filtered at this point. Same age as full proof. 3% difference in ABV. 
 

Makes me laugh when Taters poo poo Weller Antique and Simp on Full Proof... then add ice. 😂 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tonight’s haul:

- Heaven Hill BiB - wanted to try this for a while 

- Larceny (store pick) - mainly picked this up because my buddy likes Larceny

- Monkey Shoulder - trying to teach myself to like peat

- Elijah Craig BP (A121) - found another bottle for $60 - couldn’t pass it up

- Jim Beam SiB BP SP - been wanting to get this for a while.  Still no sight of the special release rye

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably not everyone's cup of bourbon, but been using bourbon cream this week.  We got several inches of snow and instead of the usual snow cream, I just mixed the snow with the bourbon cream.  Pretty killer "milk shake."

The Buffalo Trace version is very good.  A buddy recommended the Boone County Bourbon Cream and it does seem a bit better.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jm192 said:

Probably not everyone's cup of bourbon, but been using bourbon cream this week.  We got several inches of snow and instead of the usual snow cream, I just mixed the snow with the bourbon cream.  Pretty killer "milk shake."

The Buffalo Trace version is very good.  A buddy recommended the Boone County Bourbon Cream and it does seem a bit better.  

I used just a little of the BT in my homemade eggnog this past holiday season - it’s pretty awesome but now I need to try BC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jm192 said:

Probably not everyone's cup of bourbon, but been using bourbon cream this week.  We got several inches of snow and instead of the usual snow cream, I just mixed the snow with the bourbon cream.  Pretty killer "milk shake."

The Buffalo Trace version is very good.  A buddy recommended the Boone County Bourbon Cream and it does seem a bit better.  

Barton makes a chocolate bourbon cream that is ridiculous.  At the time I tried it they only sold it at the distillery. Not sure if that's still true.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 10:28 PM, [icon] said:

Most good sites banned Pappy due to so many counterfeits. 

Whatcha got? May be able to help. 

Have A 15 year bottle bought in 2016.  Found a 15 year and a 23 that year.  Sold the 23 year to a wine somol. In NYC in 2017  via Craigslist but that was a process.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, harryhood said:

Have A 15 year bottle bought in 2016.  Found a 15 year and a 23 that year.  Sold the 23 year to a wine somol. In NYC in 2017  via Craigslist but that was a process.  

My buddy Ryan

DM him and tell him Matt from MSBB sent ya. He will make a fair offer, and you'll ship. Be will want good pics and details on provenance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are any of you guys having trouble finding Buffalo Trace?  I occasionally hear folks saying they can't - I have the exact opposite issue - 4-5 places with store picks and cases to sell.  I had four 750ml bottles and considered picking up more but that will last me until Fall I'm guessing with everything else I have and to be honest, I like WT101 a little better and it's a little cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Are any of you guys having trouble finding Buffalo Trace?  I occasionally hear folks saying they can't - I have the exact opposite issue - 4-5 places with store picks and cases to sell.  I had four 750ml bottles and considered picking up more but that will last me until Fall I'm guessing with everything else I have and to be honest, I like WT101 a little better and it's a little cheaper.

It’s not uncommon for it to be gone for weeks at a time here in NKY/Cincinnati area, but it does eventually get replenished.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rustoleum said:

It’s not uncommon for it to be gone for weeks at a time here in NKY/Cincinnati area, but it does eventually get replenished.

I'm probably reading too much reddit from people who don't really look for it or from other countries (most likely).  Now, the rest of the BT products, those are hard to find.  I literally haven't seen an ETL anywhere in the state for 2 years.  I've seen more of the Pappy Line and Weller line than ETL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

There’s not a good general whiskey thread so I’ll post here.  Trying to branch out a little and with St. Patrick’s Day coming up I decide to buy an hard to find Irish.  I got Blue Spot.  Anybody know much about it or had it before?  It’s supposedly really good - plan to break it open at a party next weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some friends and I did a blind flight last night on Zoom.  Lineup (that only I knew about) was barrel proof bourbons.  Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A121, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Stagg Jr. 15 and Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Barrel Proof.

Rankings:

1. Jack Daniels SB BP - this #### is delicious, smells and tastes like bananas foster.  I kind of hate regular JD but this is outstanding.  Makes me even more angry I can’t find the rye.

2. Stagg Jr. 15 - hottest of the bunch 131.1 but delicious 

3. Elijah Craig BP A121 - these are favorites of mine and while still good the other two are just superb

4. WT Rare Breed - something has to finish last in this group and it’s Rare Breed, which I love - it’s really good but just didn’t stack up against these other three.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last post for the night - having some WhistlePig 10 tonight.  Just so damn good - it smells delicious and I’m not even sure why.  I get some fruit and almost sweet cake icing.  I generally think WP is overpriced but it almost never disappoints if you ignore the price.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found BT, Weller SR, and a Weller 12 at a local liquor store today alongside a Yamazaki 12. Sometimes you just get a good bounce. Going to have to figure out if I want to open up the Weller right away or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AAABatteries said:

Last post for the night - having some WhistlePig 10 tonight.  Just so damn good - it smells delicious and I’m not even sure why.  I get some fruit and almost sweet cake icing.  I generally think WP is overpriced but it almost never disappoints if you ignore the price.

Ive got one of that also. It's right in the "great gift zone." I like it, but I wouldn't ever buy it for myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Instinctive said:

I found BT, Weller SR, and a Weller 12 at a local liquor store today alongside a Yamazaki 12. Sometimes you just get a good bounce. Going to have to figure out if I want to open up the Weller right away or not. 

How much is the Weller 12 in your area? It’s impossible to find here (Georgia) and even if you do the price is ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Instinctive said:

Ive got one of that also. It's right in the "great gift zone." I like it, but I wouldn't ever buy it for myself. 

There’s a bunch of store picks locally that many are touting as 14 to 16 year old picks - around $100.  I’m tempted to get one based on how much I like the non-SP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

How much is the Weller 12 in your area? It’s impossible to find here (Georgia) and even if you do the price is ridiculous.

I guess it depends on your POV, but I got it for $119 and find that to be a great deal. 

 

The full proof (which I've never seen in a store actually) was at $399. That was a pass for me. Hard pass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Instinctive said:

I guess it depends on your POV, but I got it for $119 and find that to be a great deal. 

 

The full proof (which I've never seen in a store actually) was at $399. That was a pass for me. Hard pass. 

I’d consider that - can’t find the 12 for that anywhere around here though.  I’d never pay that for the Full Proof - mainly because of the lower end part of the line I’ve had, I just don’t think it’s that great.  Special Reserve is just OK and OWA is just good.  The whole line and the cost is just ridiculous.  Too many other good things to buy.  We (my buddy and I) have talked about a road trip to Ohio and see if we could stock up at MSRP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’d consider that - can’t find the 12 for that anywhere around here though.  I’d never pay that for the Full Proof - mainly because of the lower end part of the line I’ve had, I just don’t think it’s that great.  Special Reserve is just OK and OWA is just good.  The whole line and the cost is just ridiculous.  Too many other good things to buy.  We (my buddy and I) have talked about a road trip to Ohio and see if we could stock up at MSRP.

Full Proof is good, but not BTAC level good. Frankly, I've become kind of militant about not paying secondary rates for anything.  Too much good stuff out there that's still reasonable.

I did break another one of my rules recently and bought MGP sourced product. Midwinter Night's Dram. But at retail.  Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.  I'd be happy with Smooth Ambler equivalent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last trip was Peerless small batch, Dalmore 15 and a bottle of Corazon aged in Handy Sazerac barrels. 
 

ETA: anyone see the single barrel, barrel proof rye from JD? Supposed to be on point.

Edited by Gawain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Last trip was Peerless small batch, Dalmore 15 and a bottle of Corazon aged in Handy Sazerac barrels. 
 

ETA: anyone see the single barrel, barrel proof rye from JD? Supposed to be on point.

My wife and I love Peerless. Best distillery tour we took in the greater Louisville area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Full Proof is good, but not BTAC level good. Frankly, I've become kind of militant about not paying secondary rates for anything.  Too much good stuff out there that's still reasonable.

I did break another one of my rules recently and bought MGP sourced product. Midwinter Night's Dram. But at retail.  Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.  I'd be happy with Smooth Ambler equivalent.

Idk if I'll get crucified here, but something else we have come to love is High West Campfire. I would describe it as basically American Scotch. Quite good, but weirdly hit or miss to find. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Full Proof is good, but not BTAC level good. Frankly, I've become kind of militant about not paying secondary rates for anything.  Too much good stuff out there that's still reasonable.

I did break another one of my rules recently and bought MGP sourced product. Midwinter Night's Dram. But at retail.  Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.  I'd be happy with Smooth Ambler equivalent.

Buddy brought a few bottles over the other night, and one was Midwinter Night's Dram.  I hadn't yet tried any from the High West line and generally not a fan of the port barrel finishes, but I thought it was AWESOME.  Real velvety (is that a word?) and a great finish.  Anyway, added to my list, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Gawain said:

Last trip was Peerless small batch, Dalmore 15 and a bottle of Corazon aged in Handy Sazerac barrels. 
 

ETA: anyone see the single barrel, barrel proof rye from JD? Supposed to be on point.

Only JD barrel proof rye I've run across was in a random TX hill country town liquor store. It's excellent!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 9:12 PM, AAABatteries said:

 

1. Jack Daniels SB BP - this #### is delicious, smells and tastes like bananas foster.  I kind of hate regular JD but this is outstanding.  Makes me even more angry I can’t find the rye.

 Got a bottle of it an hour ago. Will open tonight

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, Ron Swanson said:

Full Proof is good, but not BTAC level good. Frankly, I've become kind of militant about not paying secondary rates for anything.  Too much good stuff out there that's still reasonable.

I did break another one of my rules recently and bought MGP sourced product. Midwinter Night's Dram. But at retail.  Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.  I'd be happy with Smooth Ambler equivalent.

It's delicious - I'm jealous you found one recently.  I keep asking but with it I think being just a yearly release around the holidays nobody has it.  It will always be in my collection if I can find them.

As for secondary - I completely agree but I am willing to pay a little over retail for things like Stagg Jr., Midwinter, etc.  But no way I'm paying the secondary market for Weller line or BTAC/Pappy, etc.  You nail it - there's too many other good things out there.  I'd love to have some hookups like icon has to get some of that stuff at retail but I'm not too worried about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, Instinctive said:

Idk if I'll get crucified here, but something else we have come to love is High West Campfire.

I believe Campfire is one of the HW products that will become Utah only soon.  I'm not a big scotch fan so never pulled the trigger on it but I still see it a lot here in GA.  Saw probably 10-15 bottles of it recently across a few stores.  I'd like to get a bottle of Bourye which I think may also be going Utah only but I've only seen one bottle of it in the last couple months and it was like $120+ from what I recall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 4:09 PM, Boulder Toads said:

Buddy brought a few bottles over the other night, and one was Midwinter Night's Dram.  I hadn't yet tried any from the High West line and generally not a fan of the port barrel finishes, but I thought it was AWESOME.  Real velvety (is that a word?) and a great finish.  Anyway, added to my list, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

It really is outstanding - it was what my FIL and I paired with our Prime Rib on Christmas Night.  Went great together.

I also a big fan of the HW Double Rye and their Double Rye Syrah finished store picks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My fiancée invited her friend over for drinks on the deck this weekend. Her friend brought her new husband. We have met him once before. I didn't do it on purpose, but I put him through a bit of a test. He told me he was a Bourbon drinker. I said go in and pour yourself a drink from the Bourbon shelf. Our shelf is packed with 20+ options ranging from swill to mix with coke to some really expensive bottles. 

 

What do you do in this situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

I mentioned above we are doing a St. Patrick's Day Irish Whiskey tasting.  I got a bottle of Blue Spot and my buddy picked up Redbreast 12 CS.  Any other Irish suggestions from you bourbon guys?

Start a holy war and bring a Bushmills 16?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I mentioned above we are doing a St. Patrick's Day Irish Whiskey tasting.  I got a bottle of Blue Spot and my buddy picked up Redbreast 12 CS.  Any other Irish suggestions from you bourbon guys?

Any particular price range? I really like Jameson Gold Reserve, but that is usually an $80-100 type bottle.

It's been a while since I've done Irish Whiskeys, I think I'll have to pull out what I have and do the same on the 17th. I know I have a bottle of Midleton Very Rare tucked away somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

My fiancée invited her friend over for drinks on the deck this weekend. Her friend brought her new husband. We have met him once before. I didn't do it on purpose, but I put him through a bit of a test. He told me he was a Bourbon drinker. I said go in and pour yourself a drink from the Bourbon shelf. Our shelf is packed with 20+ options ranging from swill to mix with coke to some really expensive bottles. 

 

What do you do in this situation?

What is your definition of really expensive bottles?

To answer the question as it's posed - no matter what I selected I would talk the guy up about bourbon just because I love discussing it and would want to have something in common with my new friend.  As for what I would select, I would probably go for either a daily drinker type that I like (Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, maybe a WT101) or maybe a mid-range $40-$80 bottle that I know I like.  Another option is to tell the host - "I have...." and/or "I like....." and then ask them what they would recommend from their collection - if it's something I've never had.  No chance I'm jumping on any $100+ bottle unless the host offers it.

This could be a fun game - post a pic of your collection (if you want) and then we could tell you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

My fiancée invited her friend over for drinks on the deck this weekend. Her friend brought her new husband. We have met him once before. I didn't do it on purpose, but I put him through a bit of a test. He told me he was a Bourbon drinker. I said go in and pour yourself a drink from the Bourbon shelf. Our shelf is packed with 20+ options ranging from swill to mix with coke to some really expensive bottles. 

 

What do you do in this situation?

probably something like Makers if you have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Start a holy war and bring a Bushmills 16?

I'll either need you to explain this or Google it.  I do have the low-end Bushmills in my collection.  That's literally the only other bottle of Irish I have other than the Blue Spot.  It's just meh - nothing to it.  Not offensive at all but just very basic.  I realize based on the price point that I wasn't getting anything great.

1 minute ago, acarey50 said:

Any particular price range? I really like Jameson Gold Reserve, but that is usually an $80-100 type bottle.

It's been a while since I've done Irish Whiskeys, I think I'll have to pull out what I have and do the same on the 17th. I know I have a bottle of Midleton Very Rare tucked away somewhere.

Good question and I should have mentioned I was probably looking in the $25-50 range.  Since I have the Blue Spot I don't want to shell out much more just yet.  I realize Blue Spot won't be a prototypical Irish so maybe something that would fit that category.  I've had bottles of Jameson in the past and liked them just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

What is your definition of really expensive bottles?

To answer the question as it's posed - no matter what I selected I would talk the guy up about bourbon just because I love discussing it and would want to have something in common with my new friend.  As for what I would select, I would probably go for either a daily drinker type that I like (Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, maybe a WT101) or maybe a mid-range $40-$80 bottle that I know I like.  Another option is to tell the host - "I have...." and/or "I like....." and then ask them what they would recommend from their collection - if it's something I've never had.  No chance I'm jumping on any $100+ bottle unless the host offers it.

This could be a fun game - post a pic of your collection (if you want) and then we could tell you.

There are a few that go for $300+ on the secondary market. I didn't think about it before I sent him in, but I would have probably judged him a bit if he poured Elijah Craig 18 or similar without asking. Although they are on the shelf to drink. 

Buffalo Trace is a good call. He poured a 4 roses single barrel. I thought that was a solid choice. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I'll either need you to explain this or Google it.  I do have the low-end Bushmills in my collection.  That's literally the only other bottle of Irish I have other than the Blue Spot.  It's just meh - nothing to it.  Not offensive at all but just very basic.  I realize based on the price point that I wasn't getting anything great.

Good question and I should have mentioned I was probably looking in the $25-50 range.  Since I have the Blue Spot I don't want to shell out much more just yet.  I realize Blue Spot won't be a prototypical Irish so maybe something that would fit that category.  I've had bottles of Jameson in the past and liked them just fine.

Bushmills is in Northern Ireland 

 

The cheap end is nothing special, although Blackbush is worth drinking. I like the higher end of their stuff a lot.

Edited by Drunken Cowboy
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

My fiancée invited her friend over for drinks on the deck this weekend. Her friend brought her new husband. We have met him once before. I didn't do it on purpose, but I put him through a bit of a test. He told me he was a Bourbon drinker. I said go in and pour yourself a drink from the Bourbon shelf. Our shelf is packed with 20+ options ranging from swill to mix with coke to some really expensive bottles. 

 

What do you do in this situation?

Depends. If I like you and want to be invited over again... Probably mid range like Woodford, or maybe a Buffalo Trace if you have it. Otherwise? I'm drinking your Pappy until you kick me out. :D

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, top dog said:

Depends. If I like you and want to be invited over again... Probably mid range like Woodford, or maybe a Buffalo Trace if you have it. Otherwise? I'm drinking your Pappy until you kick me out. :D

This is a great answer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, top dog said:

Depends. If I like you and want to be invited over again... Probably mid range like Woodford, or maybe a Buffalo Trace if you have it. Otherwise? I'm drinking your Pappy until you kick me out. :D

:lmao: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

There are a few that go for $300+ on the secondary market. I didn't think about it before I sent him in, but I would have probably judged him a bit if he poured Elijah Craig 18 or similar without asking. Although they are on the shelf to drink. 

Buffalo Trace is a good call. He poured a 4 roses single barrel. I thought that was a solid choice. 

I’ve been educating my FIL the last couple of years - previously he would fill a highball glass with ice and probably pour just about anything I’ve got in.  There was a time where I hid a few bottles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’ve been educating my FIL the last couple of years - previously he would fill a highball glass with ice and probably pour just about anything I’ve got in.  There was a time where I hid a few bottles.

Yeah, how you pour would influence my judgment as well. Generally if you are going to appreciate it, you can drink whatever you want at my house. 

I have a good friend tell me recently about is BiL coming over and pouring his best bourbon with coke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

My fiancée invited her friend over for drinks on the deck this weekend. Her friend brought her new husband. We have met him once before. I didn't do it on purpose, but I put him through a bit of a test. He told me he was a Bourbon drinker. I said go in and pour yourself a drink from the Bourbon shelf. Our shelf is packed with 20+ options ranging from swill to mix with coke to some really expensive bottles. 

 

What do you do in this situation?

Pour something good, but also easily found. Buffalo Trace to Knob Creek Single Barrel range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...