What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fact or Fiction (1 Viewer)

Borden

Footballguy
There's all things that we hear or seem to be the common belief but maybe these accepted ideas aren't actually true. I started this thread to see what everyone thinks and to hear about other ideas. This isn't about me trying to argue one side of the coin or the other. Just want to see if I can get more educated on some things.

"This running back can't catch passes." This always seems to be a big fantasy knock on a player but is it actually the players fault/lack of skill or scheme/coaches? Also, is this referring to catching the football or route running? 

Alf for example has a 70 percent catch rate. Antonio Brown has 67 percent catch rate. Alf isn't running the same routes as AB (in skill or type) but I think it shows that Alf is at least capable of catching the football. Which should mean that route running is the issue. I would say most "receiving" backs run routes that are typical of their position. Roll outs to the flats, hooks/curls, etc. Basically, routes that are under 10 yards and ran from a typical RB position (not the slot wide out spots). It is normal to see a guy like Woodhead bump out to the slot, I will concede that. But is Lev Bell running any special types of routes? Or is it just that he plays on a team that's willing to throw to their primary back?

Users who are viewing this thread