What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (2 Viewers)

snellman

Footballguy
We are into the first week of preseason and still no MyFBG linking leagues?  Can anyone give an update on this?  I use that feature more than anything and am starting to get a little nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed Joe Bryant about it last week. Here is his response:

Hi,

We apologize for the delay on this and should have it ready by 8/12. You're going to love what we're able to do with the new linking and integration going forward.

Thanks for being a part of what we're doing at Footballguys. Best to you in all you're doing and I hope you have a great 2016.

Could you be a bit more specific?
It will highlight all of your players and FAs in the top 300, the 10 second primer is great before waivers run and on Sunday mornings (it will list your players with their weekly projections along with available FAs).  These are two of the major highlights.  One major thing is it will track transactions and update accordingly so you don't have to update your lists.

It also allows you to highlight other teams players in the top 300 which can help in trade targeting. It really makes for a great quick look at your team compared against the rest of the players in the league within the various projections and rankings on the site.

It will highlight all of your players and FAs in the top 300, the 10 second primer is great before waivers run and on Sunday mornings (it will list your players with their weekly projections along with available FAs).  These are two of the major highlights.  One major thing is it will track transactions and update accordingly so you don't have to update your lists.

It also allows you to highlight other teams players in the top 300 which can help in trade targeting. It really makes for a great quick look at your team compared against the rest of the players in the league within the various projections and rankings on the site.
How is this different than last year?  Last year you could click on any team name and their players got highlighted, and all season it would show who was a FA, etc.

EDT:  Oh, maybe you were just describing the MYFBG feature in general?  I thought he was maybe asking what the NEW feature was to the MYFBG that they were adding this year.

Is it the 12th yet? 

Hope we get this by week 1, the 10 second primer is helpful.  The off and pre season has been a waste for MyFBG.  :wall:

What everyone else said. I sent a message to support and got back something from a staff member (it's not in front of me...I wanna say it was Clayton Gray?)

Anyhow, that was the gist of it...they are working on it ...it's gonna be great...just be patient.

Hear the deal, an outstanding feature or features is not worth it at all if it is delivered soooo late as to make all of us play catch up.

The old way should be available until the new way rolls out. I don't see why that's not possible. All other IT people here will pretty much agree with me.

Is it the 12th yet? 

Hope we get this by week 1, the 10 second primer is helpful.  The off and pre season has been a waste for MyFBG.  :wall:
I didn't realize how much I depended on it for drafting and waiver wires until it was gone. If MyFBG will not be functional for another two weeks can you suggest other websites that have similar functionality which will temporarily do the job?

I didn't realize how much I depended on it for drafting and waiver wires until it was gone. If MyFBG will not be functional for another two weeks can you suggest other websites that have similar functionality which will temporarily do the job?
I agree. Off season waivers and veteran fill in drafts don't happen 2 weeks before regular season kick off.  

Once again FBG shows their lack of desire to retain dynasty and keeper league owners. 

My playbook from fantaspros is probably the closest I've found in terms of functionality.  I think you can get one league hooked up for free, but I could be wrong on that.

ETA-and if you use mfl, from your roster page, click the fantasy sharks custom draft guide, which will open a new window with a customized fantasy sharks set of projections tailored to your league.  Click the cheat sheet to see a similar sort of view to myfbg showing your roster players, all drafted players and any free agents.  Similar at least.

Grigs Allmoon said:
Could you be a bit more specific?
It's so incredibly helpful for multiple league guys that you need to look into it yourself, and not trust the words of strangers on a message board.

Probably the best feature of the site.

It's so incredibly helpful for multiple league guys that you need to look into it yourself, and not trust the words of strangers on a message board.

Probably the best feature of the site.
:goodposting:  It is very hard to explain all of the benefits of it.  It is probably the most valuable part of the subscription for me.  Get in there and play with it (when they finally get it back up of course)  and you will never go back.

No one should be surprised.  I stopped subscribing because they won't hold themselves to deadlines and get content out on time.  Typically they wait until the season starts though.
This is my biggest complaint with the site. Things like this ("it will be ready on the 12th") are all to common. During the season all of the weekly features have a completion date next to them. It happens often that that day comes and goes without the info. In the worst case scenarios that content line item just disappears like they never intended to do it. 

So I understand being late on a deadline, no biggie. What I don't understand is why no updates after the deadline is missed? Staff sees threads like this, so what's the deal?

Tom Hagen said:
It seems like they are phasing out myFBG in favor of the new app so it's probably low priority.
I don't think this is the case, but perhaps you are right and I am naive.  I don't believe if it were the case that they would have bothered with the marketing message on the myfbg page saying how much better it will be.

I do hope a staff member chimes in soon though...I think Simon Shepard is the guy who replied on the old thread before they got rid of the "Website" sub forum.

Someone alerted me to this thread. Thank you @battlestar

Guys, really appreciate your patience here. This is the #1 priority for the whole of Footballguys staff. There are 4 developers (including me) who are now working on this full time, round the clock. If you think this isn't a high priority for us, you couldn't be more wrong. We've gone over our tech deadline by a couple of days here and for that I apologize. It's certainly not due to a lack of effort or care from us.

MyFBG will relaunch very soon as MyFootballguys. It's going to have the same look and feel of the new mobile apps. We're making an effort here to make the MyFootballguys experience for subscribers the same across all devices. This helps you because you don't need to learn a bunch of different systems, and it helps us because developing once for multiple platforms means we can do more from that single code base and add a bunch of features that we've always wanted to add. So to be clear, the user interface will be completely different from the MyFBG of the past; but all the same information will be available. We've taken the opportunity to take what made the service great, and improve upon it.

The rollout will happen in two stages:

This week and most likely tomorrow: you will be able to sync your leagues, get preseason draft rankings (for e.g. dynasty drafts), weekly rankings, rest of season rankings, and our new lineup coach. The lineup coach will present all the same information as the 10 second primer but arranged more optimally for setting your lineups.

Before the season starts (we're targeting 31st August): a waiver wire optimizer, and detailed in season tabs on player cards, for matchup information, season to date research etc.

The 10 second primer will also return no later than the 2nd release (or before - this is on me to do - I know you guys love this one so if I can sneak it in before 31st or maybe even this week I will - and again want to emphasize that all the info it presents is in the lineup coach too, just organised differently), but our plan here is to convince you guys to use either the lineup coach or the waiver wire optimizer instead. The 10 second primer is great as an "at-a-glance" feature. But it's not perfect for lineups because it doesn't give you a one-stop answer (the projection sets are split out) and it's not perfect for waivers because if a guy has a monster week and goes on a bye, he's not listed - as the 10 sec primer only shows next week's projections.

I will have more news soon. You will be the first to get a link.

Thanks for the update @Simon ShepherdI look forward to the update, but even the old MyFBG would have been helpful over the last few months. 
Yeah, seems to me also that if FBG were revamping MyFBG so much so that it's going to look and appear like the new apps (and be all new in functionality) then there would be no reason to limit the functionality of the current MyFBG page. Why restrict something that worked just fine? All you've done is cause subscribers stress and headaches while waiting for the new version. Which now appears won't even be "fully" functional until Aug. 31st.......just days before the start of the regular season. We could have been utilizing the current version this whole time. NOPE. Let's make 'em sweat. That's the best way to approach it. We'll just put a disclaimer up saying, "be patient, you guys will LOVE this......we promise!"

Yeah, seems to me also that if FBG were revamping MyFBG so much so that it's going to look and appear like the new apps (and be all new in functionality) then there would be no reason to limit the functionality of the current MyFBG page. Why restrict something that worked just fine? All you've done is cause subscribers stress and headaches while waiting for the new version. Which now appears won't even be "fully" functional until Aug. 31st.......just days before the start of the regular season. We could have been utilizing the current version this whole time. NOPE. Let's make 'em sweat. That's the best way to approach it. We'll just put a disclaimer up saying, "be patient, you guys will LOVE this......we promise!"
The tech we used to sync to live rosters was bought in from a third party at quite a large cost to FBG. We have now developed this ourselves. It's better for everyone here that we spent that money on making our own, new tech and apps better, rather than paying for a full season of integration just for the preseason. That's why the roster syncing has not been available until we get the tool up and running.

This first release contains everything except the 10 second primer that you had before, but even then, all that functionality is covered by the lineup coach and I am working hard to get that information in the same format maybe even this week.

So, to save some $, subscribers have been left without one of the MAJOR benefits of the site during preseason.

Trust me, I understand what is trying to be accomplished here. It just hasn't been handled well (again) by FBG. In no way am I stating this has anything to do with you personally.

The delay is because until leagues start up for 2016 with enough drafted, the syncing is impossible to test and know we have right. In light of all the facts and numbers, this was the only way to move things over. I'm going to jump back on the development here - don't want to delay things further!

Again, this delay is 100% on me. I said to Joe 12/8; that's what he communicated to you guys and while we had it finished then, it wasn't fully tested. My apologies there again. It's not been my intent to mislead. It's a tricky line to walk of getting this right but also soon enough. I've spent more time personally on the Draft Dominator this year than I planned; if there is a reason for the delay it is that.

Thanks for the update... delays always suck, but communication makes everything easier to stomach. Love that you guys are expanding on the feature as I agree with the assessment that it's one of the most valuable features to those with multiple leagues. 

Thanks for your hard work and we await the fruit with baited breath. 

Thanks a lot for the update Simon. I understand the rationale of the decisions made and appreciate the transparency in your explanation.  I look forward to the new version!

Agree with Icon, just getting some communication about it is very helpful. Looking forward to the finished product.

The delay is because until leagues start up for 2016 with enough drafted, the syncing is impossible to test and know we have right. In light of all the facts and numbers, this was the only way to move things over. I'm going to jump back on the development here - don't want to delay things further!

Again, this delay is 100% on me. I said to Joe 12/8; that's what he communicated to you guys and while we had it finished then, it wasn't fully tested. My apologies there again. It's not been my intent to mislead. It's a tricky line to walk of getting this right but also soon enough. I've spent more time personally on the Draft Dominator this year than I planned; if there is a reason for the delay it is that.
As a dev myself, I appreciate you wanting to wait for proper testing before releasing.  Too often people take that shortcut.  Thanks for update

From the consumer perspective it was a bad business decision.  If it wasn't ready in April/May then FBG's should have continued it's relationship with the 3rd party for the 2016 season.  Instead we've paid for a service which has been taken away from the users for the past 5 months and by the time it's delivered it's usefulness to me will be much less.

I understand the decision from the FBG perspective.  Bringing it in house means it's cheaper and you can tailor it they way you want it.  It's probably not going to cost FBG's much but it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

From the consumer perspective it was a bad business decision.  If it wasn't ready in April/May then FBG's should have continued it's relationship with the 3rd party for the 2016 season.  Instead we've paid for a service which has been taken away from the users for the past 5 months and by the time it's delivered it's usefulness to me will be much less.

I understand the decision from the FBG perspective.  Bringing it in house means it's cheaper and you can tailor it they way you want it.  It's probably not going to cost FBG's much but it's left a bad taste in my mouth.
Sorry you feel that way. Faced with the numbers and all the facts it was frustratingly the only decision we felt we could make. Hope we win you back over with the changes and improvements in the future.

Very unhappy about it too. As one who's only internet access is and has been via desktop computer, I have zero interest in all the other crap (yes crap) FBG's has and is been doing for the multitude of mobile devices in use and available, I couldn't care less about them.

Very unhappy about it too. As one who's only internet access is and has been via desktop computer, I have zero interest in all the other crap (yes crap) FBG's has and is been doing for the multitude of mobile devices in use and available, I couldn't care less about them.
Actually, a big release for us this year was the new version of our Draft Dominator which was available for desktop too. The move here is not to mobile only but to solutions that work the same on all devices. If you'd care to be more specific than the comment you made, that would allow us to action this better; I strongly disagree with your assessment of the new tools personally but without details obviously that feedback is a dead end.

Users who are viewing this thread