What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

First half for chelsea much like their recent stretch of form. Control possession, inability to break down a well organized defense, let Werner waste the final ball. 

CHO starved a bit, but dangerous when he gets it and there's space, which there was for the goal. Werner very involved out left where CP should be and other than his final ball, playing ok. Tammy not finding much.

Mount usually the guy setting up the best chels attacks, and usually when the play is quicker side to side. Kova and Jorg both a bit off getting that done- too many crossfield balls not getting over or past the last defender, but it's there if they can find that weight.

CP needs to come on for werner.

Too bad from a neutral perspective, was looking forward to this game, but could see it turn cagey and boring now.

That goal for Southhampton should have stood.  So dumb VAR and its lines
It really is so bad. For a sport with so few goals to go to such length to take them off the board is beyond stupid.

I just dont understand why offside is even required in the box. I get that you need it further out to prevent cherry picking (or screwing up the general spacing of the game by forcing defenses to play WAY back all the time to prevent it)

But once the ball within shooting distance, the defense always has like 10 guys in the box anyway.  Can someone who played at a high level (or just understands it better than me) explain why "no offside in the box" would be a bad idea?

I know it will never happen (and I know that tons of futbol purists wouldn't want it to happen) but it just makes all the sense in the world to me.

Good stuff in this Dortmund/Paderborn cup game.  Dortmund started off on fire, 2-0 early, then well, stopped.  Paderborn sneaked back in and were much better in 2h.  Until Haaland put in a late goal to make it 3-1.  But wait!  There was a penalty awarded to Paderborn in the build up before the goal, and they scored.

2-2 ET.  Dortmund fans going nutso

It really is so bad. For a sport with so few goals to go to such length to take them off the board is beyond stupid.

I just dont understand why offside is even required in the box. I get that you need it further out to prevent cherry picking (or screwing up the general spacing of the game by forcing defenses to play WAY back all the time to prevent it)

But once the ball within shooting distance, the defense always has like 10 guys in the box anyway.  Can someone who played at a high level (or just understands it better than me) explain why "no offside in the box" would be a bad idea?

I know it will never happen (and I know that tons of futbol purists wouldn't want it to happen) but it just makes all the sense in the world to me.
Then it becomes like Hockey and players obstructing the keeper?

Haaland just put one in in ET for Dortmund on a breakaway (same way he scored his disallowed late goal)

Probably should have added that the Paderborn pk equalizer was at the death pretty much

Oh and Andre Villa Boas resigned form OM today.  Evidently he was not please with the replacement the board brought in for Samsone and said eff it, I'm out.

This, after OM fans pretty much set fire to their training ground over the weekend, forcing the cancellation of their fixture.  Good times.

WTF is going on?  Another red for SH?

Martial was going down before the contact, shouldn't have been a PK.  But then to give SH a red for denying a goal scoring opp?

VAR is truly killing my enjoyment of the sport. Can't celebrate a goal anymore, and apparently contact doesn't matter anymore... one week the hand of the defender is used to draw offside lines, the next it's the armpit... some players can be 20 yards offside...

VAR is truly killing my enjoyment of the sport. Can't celebrate a goal anymore, and apparently contact doesn't matter anymore... one week the hand of the defender is used to draw offside lines, the next it's the armpit... some players can be 20 yards offside...
Sadly had it been used for what it should be used for, CLEAR AND OBVIOUS missed calls, and if the ref would get buzzed and go look at the monitor for themselves, I think a lot of these issues would be lessened. 

No lines for offside, hes either clearly off, or hes on.
DId the ref clearly miss a call? 

:lmao:

Good for him.  I really do hope the change of scenery does him some good and he rediscovers the form and fun he had a couple seasons ago.  

Maybe he can come back next season and contribute, or maybe Moyes will overpay to keep him at WHU as payback for saddling United with  :fro:

One of the most ridiculous red cards ever against Soucek for WHU.  Unbelievably bad by Dean.  
It was bad, but not anywhere near the most ridiculous I've seen.  He did swing his elbow and caught the guy in the face.  Might not have been deliberate, but he didn't have to swing his elbow either.

Users who are viewing this thread