Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sinn Fein

    2659

  • El Floppo

    2565

  • AAABatteries

    1092

  • Kafka

    1075

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zlatan’s 500th career goal is ridiculous.  https://streamable.com/u5sl7  

Sean Raggett, Lincoln City goalscorer: "No time for celebrations, it’s North Ferriby away on Tuesday”    

English teams in CL

6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I get doing this for the WC or Men's National team but do we really want to do this for all games?  What's wrong with leaving it in the main thread?

My guess is that some don't like that thread to get bloated with game info on games they are not watching, nor have any interest in. :shrug:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

My guess is that some don't like that thread to get bloated with game info on games they are not watching, nor have any interest in. :shrug:

 

I guess but it just seems like folks won't know which thread to post in and conversations about a game will end up split across two threads.  I will say it would have the advantage of not having a game spoiled if you are recording it but still want to read the main thread.  If you can get people to use them that way then I'm fine but I think it will be like herding drunken cats - Kafka > hi

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Man U - Mata gets the surprising start.  Only question left is whether Zlatan feels like scoring today.

TAKE THIS TO THE ZLATAN THREAD PLEASE

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

Btw, I already hate that there are to many threads. I find this one to be pointless and over kill. 

TAKE THIS TO THE TOO MANY SOCCER THREADS THREAD PLEASE

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I imagine the Man United supporters have to be happy, knowing the Bus has already been purchased, and parked.

I wouldn't say that - it's more Rooney, Fellaini and Valencia slowing the attack down.

Hoping Jose is just trying to showcase Fellaini and use him while others get in shape.  I don't know why Schneiderlin isn't getting a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AAABatteries said:

I wouldn't say that - it's more Rooney, Fellaini and Valencia slowing the attack down.

Hoping Jose is just trying to showcase Fellaini and use him while others get in shape.  I don't know why Schneiderlin isn't getting a game.

I don't know.  

I think Zlatan slows the attack down, and Mourinho hinted at that after the Community Shield.  They intend to play very deliberately, working the ball up the flanks, and trying to knock the ball into the box - since Zlatan does not posses great pace, and his primary strength is getting on the end of crosses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I don't know.  

I think Zlatan slows the attack down, and Mourinho hinted at that after the Community Shield.  They intend to play very deliberately, working the ball up the flanks, and trying to knock the ball into the box - since Zlatan does not posses great pace, and his primary strength is getting on the end of crosses.

He doesn't have top end speed but he has showed good touch and skill - something those other 3 have not shown.  I shouldn't be too hard on Valencia as it seemed like Mata drifted too central and didn't give much help on the right wing.

Back to parking the bus - if he does that 2nd half and gets the result so be it - LvG tried it and couldn't do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question as a casual fan who occasionally goes to a couple local soccer pubs to watch games - how do you serious fans follow the games online? For instance there are so many leagues and cups and friendlies, are there a couple good sites with schedules and covering the big games of the day?

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Just a question as a casual fan who occasionally goes to a couple local soccer pubs to watch games - how do you serious fans follow the games online? For instance there are so many leagues and cups and friendlies, are there a couple good sites with schedules and covering the big games of the day?

Thanks.

Most hate ESPNFC but it'll do the job at first for you.  If you are talking about watching the matches then there's a ton of streams to get whatever match you want.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Just a question as a casual fan who occasionally goes to a couple local soccer pubs to watch games - how do you serious fans follow the games online? For instance there are so many leagues and cups and friendlies, are there a couple good sites with schedules and covering the big games of the day?

Thanks.

Take it to the soccer thread broheem, this is the gameday thread.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

@Sinn Fein - if you want this thread to take off you may want to change the thread title.

I really don't care.

Sebowski took offense when I started chirping in with some game commentary from the Leicester game yesterday...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...