What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
In here, we will discuss individual soccer games.

Consider this the master game-day thread for non-USMNT games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get doing this for the WC or Men's National team but do we really want to do this for all games?  What's wrong with leaving it in the main thread?

I get doing this for the WC or Men's National team but do we really want to do this for all games?  What's wrong with leaving it in the main thread?
My guess is that some don't like that thread to get bloated with game info on games they are not watching, nor have any interest in. :shrug:

My guess is that some don't like that thread to get bloated with game info on games they are not watching, nor have any interest in. :shrug:
I guess but it just seems like folks won't know which thread to post in and conversations about a game will end up split across two threads.  I will say it would have the advantage of not having a game spoiled if you are recording it but still want to read the main thread.  If you can get people to use them that way then I'm fine but I think it will be like herding drunken cats - Kafka > hi

I imagine the Man United supporters have to be happy, knowing the Bus has already been purchased, and parked.
I wouldn't say that - it's more Rooney, Fellaini and Valencia slowing the attack down.

Hoping Jose is just trying to showcase Fellaini and use him while others get in shape.  I don't know why Schneiderlin isn't getting a game.

I wouldn't say that - it's more Rooney, Fellaini and Valencia slowing the attack down.

Hoping Jose is just trying to showcase Fellaini and use him while others get in shape.  I don't know why Schneiderlin isn't getting a game.
I don't know.  

I think Zlatan slows the attack down, and Mourinho hinted at that after the Community Shield.  They intend to play very deliberately, working the ball up the flanks, and trying to knock the ball into the box - since Zlatan does not posses great pace, and his primary strength is getting on the end of crosses.

I don't know.  

I think Zlatan slows the attack down, and Mourinho hinted at that after the Community Shield.  They intend to play very deliberately, working the ball up the flanks, and trying to knock the ball into the box - since Zlatan does not posses great pace, and his primary strength is getting on the end of crosses.
He doesn't have top end speed but he has showed good touch and skill - something those other 3 have not shown.  I shouldn't be too hard on Valencia as it seemed like Mata drifted too central and didn't give much help on the right wing.

Back to parking the bus - if he does that 2nd half and gets the result so be it - LvG tried it and couldn't do it.

Just a question as a casual fan who occasionally goes to a couple local soccer pubs to watch games - how do you serious fans follow the games online? For instance there are so many leagues and cups and friendlies, are there a couple good sites with schedules and covering the big games of the day?

Thanks.

Just a question as a casual fan who occasionally goes to a couple local soccer pubs to watch games - how do you serious fans follow the games online? For instance there are so many leagues and cups and friendlies, are there a couple good sites with schedules and covering the big games of the day?

Thanks.
Most hate ESPNFC but it'll do the job at first for you.  If you are talking about watching the matches then there's a ton of streams to get whatever match you want.

Thanks.
Take it to the soccer thread broheem, this is the gameday thread.

Nice way to start for Jose.  United will be tough this season if he can sort out the midfield.

Zlatan - underrated for his vision and passing.  He was my MOTM.

Liverpool look like dog####.  Terrible passing.  Turnovers in bad spots.  Ineffective pressing.  Defenders out of position.  Good god.

How is Wijnaldum in defense?  It's bad enough with Moreno and Coutinho over there - they are making Walcott look good.

Seriously though, they should change the rules to allow Walcott to scalp that little man bun from Moreno.  Dothraki rules...

Users who are viewing this thread