Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinn Fein

• El Floppo

• AAABatteries

• B Maverick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zlatan’s 500th career goal is ridiculous.  https://streamable.com/u5sl7  

Sean Raggett, Lincoln City goalscorer: "No time for celebrations, it’s North Ferriby away on Tuesday”    

English teams in CL

2 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

David Alaba joining Jerome Boateng in the "doomed to be memorialized in savage GIFs Hall of Fame."

yes please.

I still laugh- a german dad in the neighborhood said something about Boateng being one of the best defenders this century... I nodded, said something like- maybe- but that buggering messi gave him will be the thing most people will remember about him. he didn't like that.

Well that sucked.

6 hours ago, Moe. said:

What's the logic behind no PSG Bayern live? Trying to push people to add Fox Soccer Plus?

It wasn't even on FS+

10 hours ago, Jaysus said:

I can't wait for the memes based on this to start rolling in:  https://i.redd.it/m0d03iuulhoz.png

So apparently Chelsea managed to get 58M pounds for a 29 year old player who didn't want to play for them anymore. Thats a heck of a deal. I thought Costa would fetch 30M pounds tops.

Ironically, he ended up costing the same amount as Morata. :thumbup: 

29 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

He was right.

AUFC has outscored its opponents 22-3 in the last 6 games.  Unfortunately all 3 GAs came in one game in a draw against Orlando.

how was the crowd last night- I saw lots of empty seats, but still didn't look remotely empty. I'd guess 30k +/-?

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

how was the crowd last night- I saw lots of empty seats, but still didn't look remotely empty. I'd guess 30k +/-?

Worst crowd of the year - two factors:

- midweek game and traffic is a ##### downtown during rush hour.  

- some metro counties are on fall break and a lot of folks are traveling that would normally be at the game

It filled in pretty good - says the crowd was 43,005 but it was less than that - I'd guess 35k or so.

Just now, AAABatteries said:

- some metro counties are on fall break and a lot of folks are traveling that would normally be at the game

It filled in pretty good - says the crowd was 43,005 but it was less than that - I'd guess 35k or so.

even with the lower number, still pretty amazing for a wed game and against philly. philly, fer chrissakes. wtf wants to see that.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, El Floppo said:

:wall: and an own goal at the death to end in a tie.

btw... the look on Marsch's face when the own goal went in as literally the last play of the game was :lol: 

after completely dominating the 1st half but only getting one goal of their own, they give up goal #1 on a weak free kick on a wall that spread itself wide faster and easier than the rose of tralee.

and then the OG to give up 2 points... when they had numbers back and were in a great defensive shape.

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

btw... the look on Marsch's face when the own goal went in as literally the last play of the game was :lol: 

after completely dominating the 1st half but only getting one goal of their own, they give up goal #1 on a weak free kick on a wall that spread itself wide faster and easier than the rose of tralee.

and then the OG to give up 2 points... when they had numbers back and were in a great defensive shape.

link

maddening as a fan... I can only imagine for him. 

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

even with the lower number, still pretty amazing for a wed game and against philly. philly, fer chrissakes. wtf wants to see that.

when did sports change from butts in seats to tickets sold\distributed for announced attendance?  I swear when I was a kid it was butts in seats.

And this is not just MLS, every league seems to announce numbers WAY above what is actually in the stadium.  The LA Rams are taking it to a new level too this year with the near empty Coliseum being called over half full. :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I think another factor is the amount of home games in a row.  I think that was 6 straight home games for Atlanta in the last 3+ weeks.  

• Like 1