What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

My 8 year old is a big kid.  4'9 and about 85 lbs.  He could lose some weight, but he has really enjoyed soccer this past season.  He plays defense and has received the nickname gandalf.  But he needs to work on quickness and foot speed...got some FUN drills we can do?

I know he will never be a soccer stud, but I want him to have fun and improving quickness and foot speed can apply to any sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
WRONG THREAD!

Seriously though rascal you can google a lot of good drills.  

I'd recommend having him spend time using his weaker leg/foot.  

U17... minnows New Caledonia tied France 1-1!!!! *

that's the second half score. France eeked by NC 6-0 in the first half

Given the stakes the Ireland @ Wales match is very entertaining. Going in the groups top 3 are:

1. Serbia 18  +9gd,  2. Wales 17 +8  3. Ireland 16 +5

So, Ireland needs to win just to avoid elimination. Wales could win the group with a win & Serbia tie. Group leader Serbia is home vs Georgia. 

Ireland has just scored to go up 1-0. Serbia still 0-0 vs Georgia. Matches in 70th minute. 

Given the stakes the Ireland @ Wales match is very entertaining. Going in the groups top 3 are:

1. Serbia 18  +9gd,  2. Wales 17 +8  3. Ireland 16 +5

So, Ireland needs to win just to avoid elimination. Wales could win the group with a win & Serbia tie. Group leader Serbia is home vs Georgia. 

Ireland has just scored to go up 1-0. Serbia still 0-0 vs Georgia. Matches in 70th minute. 
w serbia winning and wales losing late, looks like Ireland in the mix with wales out.

w serbia winning and wales losing late, looks like Ireland in the mix with wales out.
Serbia a virtual lock even if they give up a goal & tie given what's happening with Ireland/Wales. Wales needs a late goal to stay in 2nd & make the UEFA playoff round. 

Update : Serbia & Ireland both win 1-0. Serbia is in, Ireland to playoffs & Wales out. 

as it stands, Bales is out, Zlat is out (injured and IIRC, retired from international duty), Messi on the outside, and CRo in a playoff spot. 

4 most fun players in the world might not be in this WC. 

Slovakia can still make the playoffs.  They just need:

Bosnia to beat Estonia

and 

Gibraltar to win or tie vs Greece.

Piece of cake ;)

(Netherlands beating Sweden by the 7-goal margin they need seems more likely)

-QG

Assuming neither miracle materializes.

In:

Germany, Serbia, Poland, England, Spain, Belgium, Iceland

TBD (one in, one to playoff):

France/Sweden, Switzerland/Portugal

Playoffs:

Italy, Croatia, N Ireland, Ireland, Denmark, Greece

-QG

Likely pot 1 for playoffs:

SUI/POR 2nd place, Italy, Croatia, N Ireland (if Sweden is in playoff).  France would be in this pot instead of N Ireland if they somehow blow it.

Likely pot 2:

Ireland, Greece, Denmark, Sweden or Northern Ireland per above.

-QG

Australia up 2-1 in extra 30 min.  Anybody know if away goals rule is in play?  That would be a tough way for them to get knocked out if Syria equalized.

Australia up 2-1 in extra 30 min.  Anybody know if away goals rule is in play?  That would be a tough way for them to get knocked out if Syria equalized.
Syria hit the post in injury time of extra time to fall 2-1 (3-2 agg). To my knowledge, away goals no longer count in extra time. 

With everything that's happened in that country, it's flat out amazing how far Syria got, and sad they couldn't push through. Would've been the story of the WC imo.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
The purity of James McClean's earnestness amuses me greatly so it was a laugh out loud moment for me when he scored. Also, he runs funny.

I am very sorry, however, that Bale won't be taking his plucky little country to the WC. I love how hard he plays for them.

There's so much WCQ goodness today I can't process it all in my little brain.

Portugal v Sweden for the group win.

CONMEBOL madness

USMNT better fricken' win

El Floppo said:
as it stands, Bales is out, Zlat is out (injured and IIRC, retired from international duty), Messi on the outside, and CRo in a playoff spot. 

4 most fun players in the world might not be in this WC. 
This simply isn't true.  Pulisic is almost guaranteed a spot in the WC.

It's incredible that after 17+ games over a two-year cycle, a  single goal is enough to lift ARG three places in the provisional table

My 8 year old is a big kid.  4'9 and about 85 lbs.  He could lose some weight, but he has really enjoyed soccer this past season.  He plays defense and has received the nickname gandalf.  But he needs to work on quickness and foot speed...got some FUN drills we can do?

I know he will never be a soccer stud, but I want him to have fun and improving quickness and foot speed can apply to any sport.
Hmmm...quickness & foot speed.....partner him with Shadowfax?

Users who are viewing this thread