What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (8 Viewers)

Missed the match but nice to see the Newcastle boys beat Man#### United 2-0. Yedlin with a goal too.

Corey Burke just with a sweet goal from distance to put Union up 1-0 vs Minn. Good way to start Philly vs Minny Weekend

16 year old George Bello got the start and scored for ATL United today.  :thumbup:
Just posted in the main thread that he deserves to play over McCann.  If Garza doesn’t come back it will be interesting if Tata would go with a 16 year old in the playoffs 

Most cynical approach to a game I think I've ever seen from a pep team. Refused to commit numbers forward the entire game- looked like they were set up not to get into a game like the ones they lost to Liverpool last year. Can't tell if that's advantage klopp, or the other way around given the outcome and that they did create chances needed to snatch a win a couple times. They could have used Sane earlier, the way they were set up.

Thought the ref did a good job- agreed with all the non calls and the pk. 

Most cynical approach to a game I think I've ever seen from a pep team. Refused to commit numbers forward the entire game- looked like they were set up not to get into a game like the ones they lost to Liverpool last year. Can't tell if that's advantage klopp, or the other way around given the outcome and that they did create chances needed to snatch a win a couple times. They could have used Sane earlier, the way they were set up.

Thought the ref did a good job- agreed with all the non calls and the pk. 
Both teams looked scared.  Pool isn’t clicking at all on offense so I’m happy.  I didn’t expect to score today and so I was quite worried about a loss.  Not sure what’s up with the team but a favorable upcoming schedule will hopefully help things.

Both teams looked scared.  Pool isn’t clicking at all on offense so I’m happy.  I didn’t expect to score today and so I was quite worried about a loss.  Not sure what’s up with the team but a favorable upcoming schedule will hopefully help things.
Not everything Salah touches is going in...and he's forcing things, limiting Mane and Firminho. That said, City were set up not to get beaten, so it was always going to be tough. Your guy Hendo was fantastic today, and I thought Liverpool lost cohesion when milner went out.

Not everything Salah touches is going in...and he's forcing things, limiting Mane and Firminho. That said, City were set up not to get beaten, so it was always going to be tough. Your guy Hendo was fantastic today, and I thought Liverpool lost cohesion when milner went out.
Hendo was strong today I admit.  And Naby Keita is still learning the offense.  His age (23) is hopefully one of the reasons he’s had a bit of a slow start.  But hey it’s only been 8 games and he’s only played significant minutes in 2-3

Hendo was strong today I admit.  And Naby Keita is still learning the offense.  His age (23) is hopefully one of the reasons he’s had a bit of a slow start.  But hey it’s only been 8 games and he’s only played significant minutes in 2-3
You can see he's got some zip to him, but it's the little inconsistencies that kill you at that position. It's amazing how much of a lynchpin milner is for the team- so solid, so consistent and understands his role and positioning for the team perfectly.

You can see he's got some zip to him, but it's the little inconsistencies that kill you at that position. It's amazing how much of a lynchpin milner is for the team- so solid, so consistent and understands his role and positioning for the team perfectly.
Im not quite sure what Klopp does in midfield.  That’s the toughest position for me to understand.  But Wijnaldum was pretty average there for his first year under Klopp.  Milner was just “ok” until he spent a year at LB then somehow took his game up another notch.  Oxlade-Chamberlain literally did nothing of note before Christmas then became a stud in the 2nd half of the season.  So whatever Klopp is asking of his midfielders, it takes time.

I'm fascinated by the referee for the first leg of the Brazil Cup final currently sitting in FoxSoccerPlus. Dude is an absolute unit.  I cannot imagine that anyone is going to argue calls with him.

Oh, and Vai Corinthians!

I watched the end of the 1st and entire 2nd half of Mex v CR last night... so mostly B/C teamers. 

drop off for CR to their next rung of talent is pretty sharp. Mex... deep. this looked like a different group from their last friendlies, and they still played and attacked well. tought to compare, as the US was playing a mostly A team Colombia, but both CR and Mex's ability to attack was on a much higher level than what we've been seeing from the US... even the drop off to the CR reserves.

Cannouse's late goal today gave DC the win and put them above the playoff line for the first time and subsequently eliminated NE from the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
What in the whats of all whats?!?

...@Spain, no less...
turned it on right before the half. 

highlights look like early spain dominance, with a few good opportunities (including one that the GK saved with his nose- or at least knew nothing about). but then (based on the highlights), england just opened spain up, over and over w kane, sterling and rashford running in attack (dunno the formation) and carving the spanish defenders like james.

eta: sterling with two, rashford one, kane with two assists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread