What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (1 Viewer)

Goal difference, then I think total goals scored, not sure what comes after that.  Hopefully, the infamous "drawing of lots."
there is no drawing of lots.  If they are level in all tie breakers(points, gd and goals), a one game playoff occurs to decide champion.

This could have occurred with the following

Man City loses 4-0 at Brighton - Liverpool draws 4-4 vs Wolves - City and Liverpool are level on points, GD, goals

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great title race and great season from City and LFC. This is top level sports entertainment at its best, and with the two European finals yet to play.  Hopefully, the 3-6 clubs can close the gap somewhat this summer.
I can agree with the 3-5 clubs, but screw ManU. Hope they're in a relegation battle instead.

I can agree with the 3-5 clubs, but screw ManU. Hope they're in a relegation battle instead.
I get the sentiment, but as a US-based supporter who can't really own the rivalry hatred thing, I think having a strong ManUnited in the prem is important, just like its great to see Liverpool back in Europe after having been absent for so long.

United looks to be in complete disarray at the moment, and its really very  hard to imagine that club being competitive for the league title next season.  But they are what they are, and will probably find a way.

I get the sentiment, but as a US-based supporter who can't really own the rivalry hatred thing, I think having a strong ManUnited in the prem is important, just like its great to see Liverpool back in Europe after having been absent for so long.
I get it, as it's not really about the hated rivalry thing with me either (for much the same reason). I just work/socialize with a few ridiculously obnoxious ManU fans that overrides any competitive desires for a strong top 6.

Now 0-2 at OT.  This is thrilling stuff!!
Give the ref credit for two great defensive plays for Cardiff and awarding a god awful penalty to Cardiff.  Cardiff swings and misses and falls and its a PK?  cmon man.

United looks to be in complete disarray at the moment, and its really very  hard to imagine that club being competitive for the league title next season.  But they are what they are, and will probably find a way.
:goodposting:

Liked what I saw this weekend from Greenwood.  He played well and looked like he could be a contributor next season. 

This weekend further showed:
Greenwood > Lingard
Dalot > Young
Shaw > Young
McTominay > Matic 
Lindelof > Smalling, Jones

United has a lot of work to do, but they do have some players to build around so its not all doom and gloom.  Need to bring in some players with heart.

3-2, 3-3 on aggregate... in the derby v leeds game. do away goals count?

also- I see US legend Duane Holmes subbed out in the 44th... I assume injury? ####ty time to get yanked otherwise- and his sub scored as soon as he checked in.

While this is very strange, it is even a bigger issue when you take into account by letting Villa score, Leeds gave up their chance for automatic promotion.  Now if Leeds lose in the playoffs this is going to be a huge story (if it isn't already).

I used to think the kicking out of bounds was cool when I was young.  Now I am too cynical and think teams take advantage of it to slow down attacks.   Play to the whistle.  It is something every player is taught the first time they lace on the boots.
:oldunsure:

I am watching at work with no sound but it did not look like an injury for Holmes. His replacement is a forward, just a tactical change. 

I can't find any info about an injury online, just mentions he was subbed out, but like I said I did not see the first half.
espn's commentary has holmes committing fouls and subbing out- that was his role in the first 44. his sub scored 2 goals including the tie-winner

I am watching at work with no sound but it did not look like an injury for Holmes. His replacement is a forward, just a tactical change. 

I can't find any info about an injury online, just mentions he was subbed out, but like I said I did not see the first half.
I stay incredulous because they could have waited a minute until half to make the change... granted- the sub came on and scored, so whatever the plan was- it worked.

They were in a 4-2-3-1 and already down two goals on aggregate. Took off Holmes and replaced him with a striker and changed up the shape. Makes sense. Holmes wasn't awful or anything from what I was paying attention to in the first half. 
perfect- thanks. was the goal scored on a free kick or corner kick? still such an odd time for a tactical switch with the half a minute away... but again- it obviously worked, so ok.

Users who are viewing this thread