What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

I like this zoomed out camera position.  I always used to play soccer video games with the farthest and highest camera view.

For all the #### Sarri has gotten this year - this has been about a good as year as you could expect from Chelsea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary Lineker‏Verified account @GaryLineker

You travel all that way to watch a European final and when you sit in your seat you’re not much closer to the pitch than when you left home.

🤣
In its wisdom, UEFA has also selected Baku to host some group games and I believe a quarterfinal in the EURO 2020.

How come?

Rather than typing it all out, I think its easier to just refer you to the wiki --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_UEFA_Champions_League

Here is the key part:

In the default access list, the Europa title holders qualify for the group stage. However, since the Europa League title holders (Chelsea) qualified for the group stage via their domestic league (as third place in the 2018–19 Premier League), the following changes to the access list were made:

The third-placed team of association 5 (France) entered the group stage instead of the third qualifying round.

The runners-up of associations 10 and 11 (Turkey and Austria) entered the third qualifying round instead of the second qualifying round.

At first glance, that baku field looked awful. But I figured it had to be the view from tv- Europa cup final had to be on a world class field, even if it existed on it's own continent away from the stands.

But no. As soon as the game started, it was like a crap pitch and putt with chunks flying and players slipping all over the place. At least we had the tactical cam on all night to really get a sense of team shapes from orbit.

Thought Arsenal played great that first half. First to the ball, tough, quick ..even ozil. Then, not so much. And auba and laca were just dreadful. 

Had a dream last night about a replay of a back pass to guzan, that he mistraps, going under his foot and saunters back to get it...all after a Mex player runs in and traps it in. 

That's the shape of my nightmares.

oof honduras.

battle of the 0-2s vs norway... down 0-4 in the first half.

eta: scratch that... make it 0-5 in the first half.

Users who are viewing this thread