What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Cross posting from the US thread since people are chatting here.

======

Aidan Morris (US U20 player) has looked very solid in place of Nagbe tonight for Columbus.  They put up a stat that he is the youngest player to ever start in a MLS Cup Final

Columbus getting an immediate return on their money and you know Zelareyan is gonna bring back to Argentina about how fun it was.  Hope it starts a small wave on South Americans looking north.  Would only be good for MLS.
The South American influence on the league has been growing steadily for a bunch of years now. 

Almiron is an important player because it showed South American's MLS can be a launching point to Europe.

Pretty amazing when you think of a team on absolute dead man walking status, days away from going away forever, and now MLS Champs, gorgeous new stadium, and new training facility and most importantly set for decades to come.

Pretty amazing when you think of a team on absolute dead man walking status, days away from going away forever, and now MLS Champs, gorgeous new stadium, and new training facility and most importantly set for decades to come.
I was actually thinking about that as the game was winding down.  This team was basically a DOA franchise just a few years ago.

I was actually thinking about that as the game was winding down.  This team was basically a DOA franchise just a few years ago.
If that last meeting with the Brown's owner did not hit, they were done, it was their final hope for a team every one just assumed was dead and buried.

Amazingly, the clown(Precourt) that destroyed the Crew franchise so that he could move to Austin has some how got everything right so far down there, at least off the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spurs that was a poor showing. 

Can't sit back up a goal forever then try to attack after Palace tied it. 

Still a point I guess. 

Liverpool's injuries have been bonkers this year -- now Jota is out for 6-8 weeks.

Thankfully this new signing, Guita, looks like he's the real deal.
That's on Klopp. Never should have fielded that lineup this week in a meaningless game with such a congested schedule.

I will say, ever since they've added the "added time" announcement, it's so nice to not have to hear complaining about how much time remains at the end of matches. That and the white spray have been fantastic changes.

Now if only we can fine tune VAR...

These announcers are high as a ####### kite.  Fab got the ball, clear as day.  And maybe he hip checked him on the way through, but he didn't get him down low at all.

I don't get that handball call. Elbow is at his side. It didn't make him any bigger, especially since turned sideways partially. 

You serious Clark?
Not sure what to say.  Fab got the ball.  It's right there on your TV.  Slow it down if you need to.  He got the ball. 

I'm not arguing PK/no PK (though I don't think it was), just arguing with the announcers going on and on about how he didn't get the ball, how a defender has to get the ball if he goes to ground, etc.  And he got the ball.  Everyone else (including the studio guys) was able to see it.  But the guys in the booth must have said a half-dozen times he missed it.  Maybe they're on a 4"x4" monitor or something -- don't know.

Great header from Firmino in the 90th minute to take the lead.  Then Alisson just gets a fingertip on a Tottenham cross to deny them the equalizer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Klopp in press conferences, we need 5 subs.  Players are getting hurt.

Klopp in the biggest game of the season to this point.  0 subs used.  

%^&*@!

The team Liverpool didn't play tonight:

• Jota Shaqiri
  • Milner Keita Ox
  • Thiago
  • Tsimikas Virgil Matip Gomez
Still in first place and have played all of the other big and middling teams except United and Soton already.

Sounds like Keita, Ox, Thiago, Matip return soon at least, but I bet they buy a defender in January anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread