Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinn Fein

• El Floppo

• AAABatteries

• Kafka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zlatan’s 500th career goal is ridiculous.  https://streamable.com/u5sl7  

Sean Raggett, Lincoln City goalscorer: "No time for celebrations, it’s North Ferriby away on Tuesday”    

English teams in CL

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

And that's that.  Zelareyan has had a great game.

Columbus getting an immediate return on their money and you know Zelareyan is gonna bring back to Argentina about how fun it was.  Hope it starts a small wave on South Americans looking north.  Would only be good for MLS.

• Like 1
Just now, encaitar said:

Columbus getting an immediate return on their money and you know Zelareyan is gonna bring back to Argentina about how fun it was.  Hope it starts a small wave on South Americans looking north.  Would only be good for MLS.

The South American influence on the league has been growing steadily for a bunch of years now. 

Almiron is an important player because it showed South American's MLS can be a launching point to Europe.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Pretty amazing when you think of a team on absolute dead man walking status, days away from going away forever, and now MLS Champs, gorgeous new stadium, and new training facility and most importantly set for decades to come.

I was actually thinking about that as the game was winding down.  This team was basically a DOA franchise just a few years ago.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I was actually thinking about that as the game was winding down.  This team was basically a DOA franchise just a few years ago.

If that last meeting with the Brown's owner did not hit, they were done, it was their final hope for a team every one just assumed was dead and buried.

Amazingly, the clown(Precourt) that destroyed the Crew franchise so that he could move to Austin has some how got everything right so far down there, at least off the field.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Where are the 2 Robbies and Kyle on NSNBC?  Tim Howard is brutally bad.

Kyle left after last season.

I am not sure about the two Robbies this weekend.

Howard is not good - but Martino was not exactly great himself.

16 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Only 2 unbeaten teams left in EPL.

Leicester City and.... Aston Villa?

I think you may have misread the standings.  There are no unbeaten teams in EPL right now.

LC have AV have both lost 4 times.

Edited by NewlyRetired
Just now, NewlyRetired said:

I think you may have misread the standing.  There are no unbeaten teams in EPL right now.

Oops, I did. :bag:

Only 2 teams left in EPL without a tie.

Leicester City and.... Aston Villa?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
12 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Liverpool's injuries have been bonkers this year -- now Jota is out for 6-8 weeks.

Thankfully this new signing, Guita, looks like he's the real deal.

That's on Klopp. Never should have fielded that lineup this week in a meaningless game with such a congested schedule.

I will say, ever since they've added the "added time" announcement, it's so nice to not have to hear complaining about how much time remains at the end of matches. That and the white spray have been fantastic changes.

Now if only we can fine tune VAR...

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

You serious Clark?

Not sure what to say.  Fab got the ball.  It's right there on your TV.  Slow it down if you need to.  He got the ball. 

I'm not arguing PK/no PK (though I don't think it was), just arguing with the announcers going on and on about how he didn't get the ball, how a defender has to get the ball if he goes to ground, etc.  And he got the ball.  Everyone else (including the studio guys) was able to see it.  But the guys in the booth must have said a half-dozen times he missed it.  Maybe they're on a 4"x4" monitor or something -- don't know.

The team Liverpool didn't play tonight:

• Jota Shaqiri
  • Milner Keita Ox
  • Thiago
  • Tsimikas Virgil Matip Gomez

Still in first place and have played all of the other big and middling teams except United and Soton already.

Sounds like Keita, Ox, Thiago, Matip return soon at least, but I bet they buy a defender in January anyhow.