Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinn Fein

• El Floppo

• AAABatteries

• B Maverick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zlatan’s 500th career goal is ridiculous.  https://streamable.com/u5sl7  

Sean Raggett, Lincoln City goalscorer: "No time for celebrations, it’s North Ferriby away on Tuesday”    

English teams in CL

Exactly what you would have expected from the first half.  United absorbing all the pressure and waiting to hit on the counter.  Ole needs to say 1. Stop being sloppy once you get possession and 2. Rashford - stay the f onside.

I’d expect to see Cavani for Martial around the 70’ mark if it’s still scoreless.

• Thinking 1

Another frustrating match with Liverpool showing no ability to finish in the final 3rd. They are working the ball well and simply can't get shots off on goal.

Just now, gianmarco said:

Another frustrating match with Liverpool showing no ability to finish in the final 3rd. They are working the ball well and simply can't get shots off on goal.

They are the one club in the league where nobody tries to play with them.  They look great in possession but it’s hard to play that style with 8-9 bodies around the box.  Game looks like Pool’s to lose but United seems to be one good run and pass from a 1v1.  It wouldn’t surprise me if this ends 0-0.

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

He's at fault for both goals.

Why did they sub Dest?

Him and Lenglet are just a disaster together. Not sure with Dest. He didn't play in the extra time semifinal either. He must be dealing with some muscle strain/fatigue.

Just now, Desert_Power said:

Him and Lenglet are just a disaster together. Not sure with Dest. He didn't play in the extra time semifinal either. He must be dealing with some muscle strain/fatigue.

Thought he looked solid on both sides of the ball in the first half. Tied at one, seemed a weird choice- outside of injury- to take him out 

Feel like the ref has missed a bunch yellow cards on atleti. Some serious late, nasty challenges (including this collision of heads) that he's just sat on.

6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Feel like the ref has missed a bunch yellow cards on atleti. Some serious late, nasty challenges (including this collision of heads) that he's just sat on.

And now that it's too late to matter, he unlocks the cards

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:
11 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And now that it's too late to matter, he unlocks the cards

Manzano is always terrible, but La Liga is known for wacky refereeing

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Not like Barca really deserved the win though...

True that. Jordi Alba just has a completely broken mentality under pressure. Crying during the half-time of CL games and literally just ducked out of the way of the ball that cost Barcelona the game.  How could you ever play him in a game that matters.

Watching the LEI-CHE match on delay.  Help me with the offside rule on the 2nd goal.  Vardy was in an obvious offside position and challenged for a header but didn’t come that close to getting it - but he was involved in the play.  Shouldn’t that be offside?

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

Watching the LEI-CHE match on delay.  Help me with the offside rule on the 2nd goal.  Vardy was in an obvious offside position and challenged for a header but didn’t come that close to getting it - but he was involved in the play.  Shouldn’t that be offside?

No offsides on goal kicks or throw ins.

2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

When you say he challenged for the ball and didn’t get it, I think you mean the 2nd ball to him where Rudiger tackled him. The 2 balls are separate issues. The first ball was a goal kick so like encaitar said nothing matters. The 2nd ball he was onside or the goal wouldn’t have stood because he was definitely relevant to the play. 

53 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Villa coach sent off?

Got a yellow for arguing about City's first goal where City player came from offsides position to steal ball from Mings, leading to goal.  After he was shown yellow, Smith said the magic words and was shown red. 

41 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m so gosh darnED sick of Pogba - he can #### right off.  I’m 13’ in - he could score 6 goals from here out and they still can ship him off to Italy tomorrow.

:whistle:

Reverse jinxes are strong in the match-day thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m so gosh darnED sick of Pogba - he can #### right off.  I’m 13’ in - he could score 6 goals from here out and they still can ship him off to Italy tomorrow.

this aged well

• Laughing 1
53 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I DID IT!!

65’

58 minutes ago, Mookie said:

Got a yellow for arguing about City's first goal where City player came from offsides position to steal ball from Mings, leading to goal.  After he was shown yellow, Smith said the magic words and was shown red. 

Saw them discuss at HT of the United game.  Higgenbotham said it best: by the letter of the law it was correct, but he gained an advantage so it should have been chalked off

21 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

@B Maverick - Bailiy played well again.  If that ball had gone in toward the end it would have been unfair to him.

Shaw has been playing really well too - maybe his best run of games in a United shirt.

:goodposting:

I would have felt so bad for Bailly if that hits his hand or goes in for the own goal.  He and McGuire are a good pair.

I think Telles coming in has pushed Shaw to be better.  Competition is good.  Shaw didn't have his best game going forward today though, he kept stopping his run as Martial was passing him balls to run onto.

Credit to Fulham who came out with some intensity and drive today.  Had some good chances they couldn't put on target.

Nice of McGuire to honor Fellaini by missing unmarked headers in the box.
Pogba played well and his goal was outstanding.
AWB started off poor, but settled in.

A small glint of light in an otherwise dark season for Chelsea FC, as Liverpool’s home unbeaten streak ended today at 68. This means the mourinho era run of 86 games unbeaten at Stamford Bridge will remain intact for at least another 4 years. 

13 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Well that escalated quickly

85' Wycombe 1-1 Tottenham

86' Wycombe 1-2 Tottenham

87' Wycombe 1-3 Tottenham

90' Wycombe 1-4 Tottenham

Like the MC game yesterday. 0-1 in the 84th...ended 3-1

• Thanks 1
On 1/20/2021 at 5:05 PM, B Maverick said:

Saw them discuss at HT of the United game.  Higgenbotham said it best: by the letter of the law it was correct, but he gained an advantage so it should have been chalked off

Sound like the EPL changed their mind.  I agree with this and not how it was called during the match.  Clear advantage gained by the attacking player who was in an offside position.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4298611/man-citys-goal-vs-aston-villa-was-offsidepremier-league-admits