What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (2 Viewers)

Toronto is playing well

I always felt like Joel Campbell would have ended up a much better player than he became.  Still a very good pro, but I expected more when he was young.
He's only 28? I felt like he was older. I remember when Milan was after this guy back when Allegri was still manager. Thank Christ we never took him. 

That was a stunning goal.

And jeebus. Caillou? marky? Jozy? AND freaking Omar?

Ghosts of wet and bumpy past.

And jozy still can't win an air ball to save his life.

Yeah no VAR to review that. Also not sure how Saprissa staff wasn't carded or sent off. Cant enter the pitch as a member of the coaching staff. 
There's no return leg in CCL, right? That Saprissa player is lucky if so. He would have earned a reprisal for that "tackle".

that wasn't in Haiti.  It was at a neutral site in the Dominican Republic
Ahh okay, makes sense. Not that the stadium they played in last night was particularly nice or anything but I when I googled Arcahaie I was surprised to learn it’s a Haitian club based on that stadium. I take it there isn’t an acceptable stadium in Port-au-Prince either. Do they host national team matches in the DR?

Ahh okay, makes sense. Not that the stadium they played in last night was particularly nice or anything but I when I googled Arcahaie I was surprised to learn it’s a Haitian club based on that stadium. I take it there isn’t an acceptable stadium in Port-au-Prince either. Do they host national team matches in the DR?
My understanding for the neutral site was covid related.  Things are bad in Haiti right now for many reasons.

Better to be lucky I guess but TFC should be happy to be escaping with a 1-1 away draw against a very good team, the best I have seen in the CCL so far.

Stats suggest TFC got run off the field, but they're still a 0-0 home result away from advancing.  Amazing set of first legs for MLS so far.

Better to be lucky I guess but TFC should be happy to be escaping with a 1-1 away draw against a very good team, the best I have seen in the CCL so far.
Looked like a real team. Got to the first, second and third balls first every time. Even when it was like an 80-20 ball, leon still got there first. Uncanny, really.

I liked the shafflebergenser kid 

I liked the shafflebergenser kid 
He is from my area of the country.  Was born in Canada but went to a richie rich boarding school here in the western Mass. area for high school.  It has a really good soccer program that also produced Jack Harrison, who is now doing well for Leeds.

He is from my area of the country.  Was born in Canada but went to a richie rich boarding school here in the western Mass. area for high school.  It has a really good soccer program that also produced Jack Harrison, who is now doing well for Leeds.
Canadian? Yuck.

Guy would have gone three legged into that one if he could've. And still would've only drawn a yellow.
Check out the highlights vid of the game.  Blanco got taken out in just about the same manner in the 73rd/74th.  Not quite as violent, but bad.

Definitely a red card IMO.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the highlights vid of the game.  Blanco got taken out in just about the same manner in the 73rd/74th.  Not quite as violent, but bad.

Definitely a red card IMO.  
I don't know who Blanco is, but are you talking about the red worthy Philly tackle at midfield (albeit, one footed) immediately after the polish forward got fouled without the call?

I don't know who Blanco is, but are you talking about the red worthy Philly tackle at midfield (albeit, one footed) immediately after the polish forward got fouled without the call?
Yep.  Red-worthy foul on Blanco, the same guy that later went in on the Philly player.  The reverse angle is bad.

I Don't Think Michael Barrentes will be Available for the Second Leg. Still shots of him with his hand on a Union players throat are coming out. 

Blanco should’ve been called for a penalty in the 5th min of the game too. Dude was lucky he wasn’t sent off at all. CCL he’d have been gone by HT 

You must have forgotten Pulisic getting destroyed which left him hobbled for wet and bumpy :(
Yeah...don't remember that.

I just have a general overall memory of US players actually getting calls without having to resort to histrionics.

But regardless- every team is going to tag team to kick the snot out CP, Gio, Dest and Swag until the ref starts tossing guys. The refs definitely didn't get to that point last time, so even though it's much better...yeah- will be open season.

Wow, this ref booked Pogba for less then what hes allowing Grenada to get away with.

Rashford with a great touch and goal though, via a great over the top pass by Lindelof

Crew laying it on some team I've never heard of.

MLS going 3-2-0 on the road, out of season is pretty solid.  Have to figure they'll put three or four teams in the Q-finals now.

The kid who made the Tackle was Matt Real who is from Drexel Hill PA where I initially grew up. Great kid and family. He knows how to defend his people pretty well. Blanco at that point had taken liberties on several Union players. I blame the ref more then anything for last nights stoppage time fiasco's because like I said earlier anywhere else in the world and CCL Blanco would've been sent off by HT. 

Crew laying it on some team I've never heard of.

MLS going 3-2-0 on the road, out of season is pretty solid.  Have to figure they'll put three or four teams in the Q-finals now.
I think it will be 4. 

Portland dominated the game in horrendous conditions and only came away with a draw.  I think they will handle business on their field turf next week.

TFC is the one team that looked out classed, but of course they were the only MLS team that was playing a real quality side too so that goes hand in hand.

I have been watching CCL since its inception and I am pretty sure this is the first time ever MLS teams did not lose in their first 5 away games.  MLS overall record away has not been good over the years.

Hey guys, got an idea.  Let's implement video review to stop clear and obvious errors.

Then measure everything to millimeters that can't be seen with the naked eye.

####### ridiculous.
It's so broken. And yet they continue week after week with this nonsense despite players, coaches, and fans complaining nonstop.

Surprised there was only one goal in the second half, both teams had a lot of opportunities. Two just misses from the youngster Ilaix Moriba at the end. Bad result for Barcelona's La Liga changes as they will need Real to drop points now.

Users who are viewing this thread