Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread

28 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Poch looks like he is already thinking about heading back to Spurs...

Stolen from the Internet:

"It's amazing how Poch has recreated Spurs' culture at PSG so quickly."

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3
  • Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinn Fein

• El Floppo

• AAABatteries

• B Maverick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zlatan’s 500th career goal is ridiculous.  https://streamable.com/u5sl7  

Sean Raggett, Lincoln City goalscorer: "No time for celebrations, it’s North Ferriby away on Tuesday”    

English teams in CL

9 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Am I the only one that often wonders when did Man City sign Dave Chappelle to play DM every time I see Fernandinho?

Not usually a team jersey guy, but digging my old Fernandinho shirt out of the closet before I go walk the dogs.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Stolen from the Internet:

"It's amazing how Poch has recreated Spurs' culture at PSG so quickly."

The comparisons to the Battle at the Bridge have been making the rounds on Spurs boards.

1 minute ago, scorchy said:

Not usually a team jersey guy, but digging my old Fernandinho shirt out of the closet before I go walk the dogs.

Thats nice that you give the dogs something to chew on while walking.

• Laughing 1
8 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

PSG just didn't seem mentally up to it all match. Toothless without Mbappe.

Hopefully Tuechel finishes the job tomorrow....

Ever since the oops goal by De Bryne its been downhill.  Wall leaks, red cards.... 

I guess if they lose in the semis it hurts less then losing in the finals again?

32 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

PSG just didn't seem mentally up to it all match. Toothless without Mbappe.

Hopefully Tuechel finishes the job tomorrow....

I only was able to watch the first half but Marquinhos just missed with a header off a corner and DiMaria should have scored when Ederson tried to rush one out of the back. I thought the first half that they looked up for it, hurst when your best player is out.

1 hour ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I only was able to watch the first half but Marquinhos just missed with a header off a corner and DiMaria should have scored when Ederson tried to rush one out of the back. I thought the first half that they looked up for it, hurst when your best player is out.

Yeah - the result definitely looks worse than how they played for most of the 180 minutes. But City deserved the win.

Sosa with a well taken goal to give Atlanta a slim chance.  Losing their composure after going down 1-0 in the first leg killed them.  Very naive.

Expect Atlanta to score again but Philly will score 1-2.

2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Yeah - the result definitely looks worse than how they played for most of the 180 minutes. But City deserved the win.

Yeah they did, except Ederson f that guy for some reason

That’s that - entertaining 2nd half.  Surprised Philly let Atlanta have so much space 2nd half but they looked dangerous whole game so not surprised.  Congrats Philly fans.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

That’s that - entertaining 2nd half.  Surprised Philly let Atlanta have so much space 2nd half but they looked dangerous whole game so not surprised.  Congrats Philly fans.

Credit to ATL tonight.  Super well organized.  Felt like you had 15 players on defense out there.  It was precarious for 87 1/2 minutes

Edited by Ted Lange as your Bartender
  • Like 1

@BrotherlyGame: Curtin says Heinze refused to shake his hand after the game tonight.

“He's an incredible coach, he's an incredible player, but you can still be also a sore loser and be an ####### at the end of the game."

11 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@BrotherlyGame: Curtin says Heinze refused to shake his hand after the game tonight.

“He's an incredible coach, he's an incredible player, but you can still be also a sore loser and be an ####### at the end of the game."

Curtin is such a laid back nice guy that Heinze must have really gone over board here.  I don't remember Curtin ever having a bad word to say about anyone.

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Timo Warner "couldn't miss that one..."

I mean he's been their worst player all match.  I had to laugh that he had to look around to know if he was offsides on that one as well.  

3 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

I mean he's been their worst player all match.  I had to laugh that he had to look around to know if he was offsides on that one as well.  

:lol:

Men in Blazers@MenInBlazers · 1h

Pulisic on bench. Chelsea start Werner. Tuchel keen to prove he can beat Real Madrid with just 10 men

• Laughing 2
5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

:lol:

Men in Blazers@MenInBlazers · 1h

Pulisic on bench. Chelsea start Werner. Tuchel keen to prove he can beat Real Madrid with just 10 men

I mean his "pass" to a streaking Rudiger created a RM chance at the other end.  That takes talent.  

We laugh, but Werner's the first chels player since Hazard to have 10+ goals and assists in a season. (12g, 10a, across all competitions).

He does a lot well, but his final ball has been bizarrely awful. I think that will right itself and he'll put in buckets of goals sooner than later.

23 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Pulisic first American to play in the CL final?

That is if Tuechel allows him to.

Zach Steffen the first to qualify for the final?

• Thinking 1
12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:
36 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Pulisic first American to play in the CL final?

That is if Tuechel allows him to.

Zach Steffen the first to qualify for the final?

First time two players born in Pennsylvania play in the CL final?

(stolen from some guy on twitter)

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

First time two players born in Pennsylvania play in the CL final?

(stolen from some guy on twitter)

Pittsburgh Riverhounds have a connection to both players:

Zack Steffen used to play there, and Mark Pulisic (dad) was an assistant coach.

Posted (edited)

:lmao:  that one is even worse - at least it’s even now.

ETA - it’s not often refs make such obvious makeup calls - and why didn’t they review that?

*and yes that’s sarcasm about the makeup call

Edited by AAABatteries

Eurosport with the epic write up:

60' GOAL" Roma 2-1 United 

Fred tries to flick his way out of trouble - He's the least brazilian Brazilian but he's still Brazilian - and Pellegrini robs him because he's also still Fred, then Cristante smashes a brilliant first-time drive into the far side netting.  Now then.

• Laughing 1
32 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Eurosport with the epic write up:

60' GOAL" Roma 2-1 United 

Fred tries to flick his way out of trouble - He's the least brazilian Brazilian but he's still Brazilian - and Pellegrini robs him because he's also still Fred, then Cristante smashes a brilliant first-time drive into the far side netting.  Now then.

You guys advance anyways, no need to fred over it...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, Kafka said:

You guys advance anyways, no need to fred over it...

Didn't get to watch but sounds like it was a wide open game and Roma played well, just couldn't overcome the aggregate after the first leg....

And Cavani has been fantastic overall.

Men in Blazers @MenInBlazers · 2m

In last 5 years, Arsenal have been in the Super League for longer than they have Champions League. 2 days

🤔

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
12 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Arsenal ruin everything.

Are you ####### kidding me?  Arsenal make the season much more palatable now.

1 hour ago, B Maverick said:

Fred tries to flick his way out of trouble - He's the least brazilian Brazilian but he's still Brazilian - and Pellegrini robs him because he's also still Fred

🤣

53 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Men in Blazers @MenInBlazers · 2m

In last 5 years, Arsenal have been in the Super League for longer than they have Champions League. 2 days

🤔

need to add an "OUCH" to the reactions

Huge match tomorrow in the la liga title race.  Atleti in Camp Nou.  A winner puts that team in the driver seat.  A draw puts Real in the driver seat.  If there was ever a time for Suárez to drop a hat trick in Camp Nou, tomorrow is the day. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Huge match tomorrow in the la liga title race.  Atleti in Camp Nou.  A winner puts that team in the driver seat.  A draw puts Real in the driver seat.  If there was ever a time for Suárez to drop a hat trick in Camp Nou, tomorrow is the day. 

Or Dest

15 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Just start the match already :boxing: