What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (2 Viewers)

As usual, Atleti suffer and make you suffer. I knew they'd need 3 to win the title. 
Congrats gb.

Sad about weeder and Sarge.

Lewa with his 41st record breaking goal in the 90th.

Haaland with two more.

Juve go tomorrow...not sure if swag starts.

And I think all the EPL games start at noon. Going to be fun.

The Kansas Comet said:
Congrats Z! Glad your boys managed to hold on today!  Happy for Suarez too - one last terrible mistake made by Bartomeu.
Meh. Barcelona couldn't keep playing with two players that don't really cover any ground. Shouldn't have let him go within the league, but he kept Real out of a title. I know Z hates FCB more than Real Madrid these days, but I'm always happy to see celebrations at Neptune instead of Cibeles if it has to happen.

Diego Simeone has done a hell of a job over the past decade. Constant results and massive player development, despite seeing their best sold off. Really wish someone in London would finally hire him away. Not a fan of his defensive style, but he really does so much right. Admirable.

Diego Simeone has done a hell of a job over the past decade. Constant results and massive player development, despite seeing their best sold off. Really wish someone in London would finally hire him away. Not a fan of his defensive style, but he really does so much right. Admirable
The thing that sets Simeone apart other than the relentless focus on defense and putting in the work on the training ground is that the players really do love playing for the guy. It's obvious that his guys will run through brick walls for him.  And when there's a player that doesn't for that mold, that wants out of his vision, he'll let them go, but he doesn't talk smack about them.  He's a player's coach.  Takes the blame for losses. Doesn't get ahead of himself or of the team. 

I don't know what his contract status is, but I'm sure other clubs with more $$ will make a run at him this off-season.  He's destined to coach Argentina at some point, but I don't think it'll happen until Messi is gone. 

The thing that sets Simeone apart other than the relentless focus on defense and putting in the work on the training ground is that the players really do love playing for the guy. It's obvious that his guys will run through brick walls for him.  And when there's a player that doesn't for that mold, that wants out of his vision, he'll let them go, but he doesn't talk smack about them.  He's a player's coach.  Takes the blame for losses. Doesn't get ahead of himself or of the team. 

I don't know what his contract status is, but I'm sure other clubs with more $$ will make a run at him this off-season.  He's destined to coach Argentina at some point, but I don't think it'll happen until Messi is gone. 
Yeah, he is a great leader. A lot of what Mourinho does on his good days, but he is never as toxic. You can tell the players respond to him so well during the games. The Atleti owners would be foolish to let him coach somewhere beside the Wanda.

Would love to see him coach Messi with Argentina, but I think he will finally only do it after flaming out somewhere else in the club world. Argentina has long been its own mess too.

Again, someone else really needs to hire this guy!

I mean think about what 2 of the key players that Atleti picked up recently.  Both cast-offs from the other big clubs in Spain: Suárez and Marcos Llorente. The latter scored 12 and had 11 assists this season in 37 matches.  The guy barely got any time at Real and mostly as a sub.  He was never seen as a goal threat previously, but found his place in Atleti under Simeone.  Not sure if he'll make the Roja EUROS selección, but he'll give them something to think about. 

Before kickoff, here are the conditional odds for each team.  The overall odds of making the CL for each team are Liverpool 91%; Chelsea 82%; Leicester 27%. 

Draws are better results for all three teams than I'd have guessed.

Result    Chelsea CL %
Chels    100%
Draw    55%
Villa    49%

Result    Liverpool CL %
Liverpool    98%
Draw    67%
Palace    22%

Result    Leicester CL %
Leicester    39%
Draw    26%
Tottenham    0%

Liverpool's 5th and 6th string CBs both playing with heavily bandaged heads and stitches is the season in a nutshell.  Iconic images inbound.

Spurs - no Kane, no Europe and worst of all - Arsenal somehow end up in 7th.  The only way that could get worse is if they replace Jose with Big Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread