What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

The one where his time has passed?  Or the only PK i remember him saving was vs van Persie in DDG's first season at United?
@MarkOgden_: Can’t blame De Gea for the penalty miss, but he’s now failed to save his last 35 spot-kicks. He didn’t look like saving any either. With all the info keepers now have on penalties, that’s just not good enough for a keeper of his reputation

@MarkOgden_: Can’t blame De Gea for the penalty miss, but he’s now failed to save his last 35 spot-kicks. He didn’t look like saving any either. With all the info keepers now have on penalties, that’s just not good enough for a keeper of his reputation
Its funny though because Peter Schmeichel was saying on the telecast he never wanted to know the data.  He created a random sequence before the Pens started and stuck with it (The example he gave was Left - Right - Left - Left - Left)

For all I know he was #### with Pens too :shrug:

Have they ever been in the prem?
I was curious about this the other day and looked it up. No. Top flight for a spell in the 1930’s and 40’s? They’ve lost the equivalent of today’s game (playoff final to get to top tier) four straight times since 1997 including last year. 

Wait, 3 times. One was a League One final

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where the big businessmen of the top of the EPL just miss understand and what MLS will never get.  There's nothing like Brentford making the EPL for the first time.  Imagine being a 50 year old Brentford fan and the emotions and joy you'd feel today.    Awesome.

Silva sub now makes it slightly less likely that Pulisic gets in. 

How many subs do they get?  Do they get a fourth in extra time 

This year in the EPL, after playing in 35 games and starting in 29 of them, Werner has a total of 6 goals. As a striker. For a top 4 club.

There are 31 players that have scored 6 or more goals in the EPL this year.

How he continues to get starts, I have no idea.

This year in the EPL, after playing in 35 games and starting in 29 of them, Werner has a total of 6 goals. As a striker. For a top 4 club.

There are 31 players that have scored 6 or more goals in the EPL this year.

How he continues to get starts, I have no idea.
He still moves well, and drags defenders out of position. 

Pep gonna Pep. No true DM. No true striker. 

Gundogan just doesn't add enough going forward from the #6 spot to make it worth losing out on Fernandinho's dark arts.  

scorchy said:
Oh well... a lot of the narrative from the City side will no doubt be on Pep futzing with the lineup again in a big game, but TBH, Chelsea were just better today.
Yeah. Tuchel had them well organized and City were never really a threat. One shot on target for City.

Users who are viewing this thread