Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread

Just now, B Maverick said:

When I was in HS (or coaching HS/club) we ended every practice with a round of PKs.  Don't know how often they do now but have to imagine sometimes.  Your PK takers probably often.

There were a couple of somewhat iffy ones but 20 in a row that were quality under pressure and then, well...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

@B Maverick @El Floppo - how often are these guys - guys like Telles, Tauzanbe, Lindelof - practicing PKs?

Yer mom.

No idea, really. I don't remember ever practicing them except for NCAA tourney.

But I imagine these guys practice, especially ahead of a cup final.

• Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

The one where his time has passed?  Or the only PK i remember him saving was vs van Persie in DDG's first season at United?

@MarkOgden_: Can’t blame De Gea for the penalty miss, but he’s now failed to save his last 35 spot-kicks. He didn’t look like saving any either. With all the info keepers now have on penalties, that’s just not good enough for a keeper of his reputation

11 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@MarkOgden_: Can’t blame De Gea for the penalty miss, but he’s now failed to save his last 35 spot-kicks. He didn’t look like saving any either. With all the info keepers now have on penalties, that’s just not good enough for a keeper of his reputation

Its funny though because Peter Schmeichel was saying on the telecast he never wanted to know the data.  He created a random sequence before the Pens started and stuck with it (The example he gave was Left - Right - Left - Left - Left)

For all I know he was #### with Pens too :shrug:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Have they ever been in the prem?

I was curious about this the other day and looked it up. No. Top flight for a spell in the 1930’s and 40’s? They’ve lost the equivalent of today’s game (playoff final to get to top tier) four straight times since 1997 including last year. 

Wait, 3 times. One was a League One final

Edited by McBokonon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

2-0 - Swans need something pretty quickly here or it’s going to get out of hand.

COME ON YOU BRENTS! ....fords. bees is no good.

8 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

If Brentford holds on, the promoted teams will include the Birds (Canaries) and the Bees. (and the Hornets)

So they are pretty much ####ed?

• Thinking 1

This is where the big businessmen of the top of the EPL just miss understand and what MLS will never get.  There's nothing like Brentford making the EPL for the first time.  Imagine being a 50 year old Brentford fan and the emotions and joy you'd feel today.    Awesome.

• Like 1

This year in the EPL, after playing in 35 games and starting in 29 of them, Werner has a total of 6 goals. As a striker. For a top 4 club.

There are 31 players that have scored 6 or more goals in the EPL this year.

How he continues to get starts, I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

This year in the EPL, after playing in 35 games and starting in 29 of them, Werner has a total of 6 goals. As a striker. For a top 4 club.

There are 31 players that have scored 6 or more goals in the EPL this year.

How he continues to get starts, I have no idea.

He still moves well, and drags defenders out of position. 

Pep gonna Pep. No true DM. No true striker. 

Gundogan just doesn't add enough going forward from the #6 spot to make it worth losing out on Fernandinho's dark arts.  

Oh well... a lot of the narrative from the City side will no doubt be on Pep futzing with the lineup again in a big game, but TBH, Chelsea were just better today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scorchy said:

Oh well... a lot of the narrative from the City side will no doubt be on Pep futzing with the lineup again in a big game, but TBH, Chelsea were just better today.

Yeah. Tuchel had them well organized and City were never really a threat. One shot on target for City.

21 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Yeah. Tuchel had them well organized and City were never really a threat. One shot on target for City.

Rudiger had some great tackles in the box as citeh players were about to be on goal, probably saved 2 goals 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

That ball by Mount. So good. Guy has been consistently good to great all season.

Werner...sigh. really love his work and runs, but the consistent ####up of the final ball can't persist.

CP...great to see him in there even though his form was more of the same of the last few games. 

• Like 1