What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

@BrianSciaretta: Inter Miami are imploding. Down 2-0 and down to 9 players after a Shawcross red card. They could illegally pay for 11 DP’s and I’m not sure it would make much of a difference

Went to the first Austin FC home game last night. The energy in the crowd was amazing. It was 95 degrees and the cheering sections were on it the entire game. Terrific atmosphere. Disappointing 0-0 draw. 
So you got to see McConaughey play his bongo! 

I've only been able to see the second half but besides that last Torres tackle and the one the Union got lucky to not be a penalty I see ATL players on the ground constantly. How much is this ATL SA players flopping and how much is this legit? 

Jakob Glesnes!!!!!!! Cleared for Takeoff with a Goalozo of a GOAL!!!!!!! Goal of the year right now no question. 

That was fired from almost MF and nothing Brad Guzan can do about it!!!!! 

holy hell, that hit the underneath of the cross bar 3 times!  I don't think I have even seen that before.
I've only seen it in a FIFA video game. I did it once and have seen a video of someone else doing it but it wasn't fired from a different area code on the pitch 

Holy.... What a strike!

There was a guy from the soccer made in germany days named Franz Zimmerman who would hit those...haven't seen anybody in MLS hit something like that.

Eta...and to do it in atoppage time to save a point. Wow.

My last college game was the sweet 16 of NCAAs...a kid on the other team subbed in for the last few minutes and hit a shot like that with 12 seconds left to beat us. Still kills me.

Last edited by a moderator:
CL 2021/22 starts today:

CBS Sports’ coverage of the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa Conference League Qualifying Rounds on Paramount+ begins this week. Paramount+ will feature the first leg of UEFA Champions League First Qualifying Round play on Tuesday, July 6 with HJK Helsinki vs. Budućnost Podgorica at 12:00 PM, ET, and continues Wednesday, July 7 with three matches including Slovan Bratislava vs. Shamrock Rovers at 12:30 PM, ET, Maccabi Haifa vs. Kairat Almaty at 1:00 PM, ET, and Dinamo Zagreb vs. Valur at 1:00 PM, ET.

CL 2021/22 starts today:

CBS Sports’ coverage of the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa Conference League Qualifying Rounds on Paramount+ begins this week. Paramount+ will feature the first leg of UEFA Champions League First Qualifying Round play on Tuesday, July 6 with HJK Helsinki vs. Budućnost Podgorica at 12:00 PM, ET, and continues Wednesday, July 7 with three matches including Slovan Bratislava vs. Shamrock Rovers at 12:30 PM, ET, Maccabi Haifa vs. Kairat Almaty at 1:00 PM, ET, and Dinamo Zagreb vs. Valur at 1:00 PM, ET.
That plus the fact Paramount+ will now have Serie A means I'll renew that subscription. 

Will Paramount+ and Peacock give us most of what we need for this next year with EPL and WCQs?

That plus the fact Paramount+ will now have Serie A means I'll renew that subscription. 

Will Paramount+ and Peacock give us most of what we need for this next year with EPL and WCQs?
What does ESPN+ have?

(I have all 3, and would keep ESPN anyway because its bundled with Hulu/Disney, and I can now get that bundle free for the next six months after updating our mobile plan).

If I get Paramount it will be only for the soccer. If I get the limited commercial plan, do commercials only show up during their TV shows, etc. or do they cram them in during the middle of matches?

What does ESPN+ have?

(I have all 3, and would keep ESPN anyway because its bundled with Hulu/Disney, and I can now get that bundle free for the next six months after updating our mobile plan).
MLS and I believe they landed La Liga too ( here's another link)

I also have it with the same bundle included with Verizon.

ETA -- Looks like they have Bundesliga too. 

Edited 1 hour ago by gianmarco
Also FA Cup and English Championship, right?

So, at this point, looking at the following starting next month and should be able to see most everything:

1)  Peacock -- $49.99/year (or $4.99/month) -- Gets you EPL

2)  Paramount+ -- $49.99/year (or $4.99/month) -- Gets you Serie A and UEFA Champions League/Europa League plus NWSL, Argentina's Primera Division, WCQ, and Brasileirao League

3)  ESPN+ -- $59.99/year (or $5.99/month) -- (It's included with Verizon unlimited plans FYI) -- La Liga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, English Championship

So, for $100 for the year ($160 if you don't have Verizon) should be covered with everything.  Our YouTubeTV has NBCSports and Fox Sports to cover everything else. 

Anything I'm missing here?

ETA -- For ESPN+, there's the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle. This is actually what is included with Verizon. If you don't have them but may have Disney, then look at the bundle as it should save you $. 

Might just be me, but I will be glad when the EPL stops scheduling each game with its own time-slot.

I didn't have the self-discipline to not put a game on, at least in the background.

So, at this point, looking at the following starting next month and should be able to see most everything:

1)  Peacock -- $49.99/year (or $4.99/month) -- Gets you EPL

2)  Paramount+ -- $49.99/year (or $4.99/month) -- Gets you Serie A and UEFA Champions League/Europa League plus NWSL, Argentina's Primera Division, WCQ, and Brasileirao League

3)  ESPN+ -- $59.99/year (or $5.99/month) -- (It's included with Verizon unlimited plans FYI) -- La Liga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, English Championship

So, for $100 for the year should be covered with everything.  Our YouTubeTV has NBCSports and Fox Sports to cover everything else. 

Anything I'm missing here?
ESPN+ has USL (and others like Indian Super League and Australia) games too even though I might be the only one who really cares about the USL - though you might see some youngsters getting play there.

@El Floppois the board cop.  You don't want him catching you posting the wrong soccer content in the wrong thread...

Basically, if you are talking about a game - it goes in this thread, unless its a USMNT game, in which case it goes in the USMNT thread.  If its a basic soccer comment, it goes in the main Soccer thread, unless is about Scünthorpe United, which has its own thread.  There is a separate thread for the US Women, but nobody posts in there.  We also have specific threads for specific tournaments - and those are more fun.  We have a EPL fantasy league thread.

At no point should you cross streams!

Clear?

Once you pick a team: PM @Steve Tasker to update his post with everyone's teams. (he will then claim to have no idea where that post is)

So, years ago, I created the Soccer Forum - just to keep track of the various links.

Users who are viewing this thread