What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

If there are soccer gods, they will have Sweden lose this match to Brazil on an own goal that occurs after the keeper makes a save that rebounds off one of the fifty-three defenders Sweden has stationed in the box.  God, I hate watching teams park the bus.

Of course, Brazil could help things by actually showing some creativity in their attack.  Too many long shots and predictable crosses against defenders six inches taller than them.

Also, I wonder how many threads this post qualifies for - I can think of four off the top of my head (this one, soccer, Olympics, and Olympic chicks).  

I am recording both the Gladbach and the Citeh games today. Could someome PM me at their conclusions and tell me which would be the better game to watch tonight? WITHOUT TELLING ME THE SCORES?! Thanks, YIC.

If there are soccer gods, they will have Sweden lose this match to Brazil on an own goal that occurs after the keeper makes a save that rebounds off one of the fifty-three defenders Sweden has stationed in the box.  God, I hate watching teams park the bus.

Of course, Brazil could help things by actually showing some creativity in their attack.  Too many long shots and predictable crosses against defenders six inches taller than them.

Also, I wonder how many threads this post qualifies for - I can think of four off the top of my head (this one, soccer, Olympics, and Olympic chicks).  
Follow the flow chart. 

ok... so that didn't happen.

eta: didn't watch the game- checked in on ESPN gamecenter... tough way to lose. 67% possession, force the GK into 9 saves, lose on PKs.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok... so that didn't happen.

eta: didn't watch the game- checked in on ESPN gamecenter... tough way to lose. 67% possession, force the GK into 9 saves, lose on PKs.
Same thing happened to the US, which led to Hope's charming remarks. 

Sweden has had 35% possession and been out-shot 58-9 in its two knockout games vs USWNT & Brazil. #SWEhttps://twitter.com/hashtag/SWE?src=hash

Hey, if you don't want a team to bunker, break them down and finish your dinner.

Honduras with a nice run into medal contention, buzzsawed 15 seconds after kickoff by fastest goal in oly history (thanks neymar). I think they lost 6-0. 

hopefully we'll get a germany brazil rematch.

Is this the thread where I discuss the Jacksonville Armada vs. Fort Lauderdale Strikers game I'm watching on CBS Sports Network?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: read this guy's career history on Wikipedia.  It is very clearly Google-translated into broken English from another language.
Pretty sure Kafka wrote that bio

Adriano Manfred Laaber is half-handed style creator.... At that time the team arrived at the interior of an unlikely event in seventh place, and did draw attention to the then puny half.... Expert free kick taker and corner kicks, dribbling in small spaces, linked to good kicks left leg did just that... Adrianinho was tipped to take even a place in the Austria squad, because the young half, had the last name and ascedência direct (coming from his father) in that country.... He arrived at Gavia, moreover, with the purpose of wearing the number 10 shirt, previously worn by Zico, and moral to take the wave of supportive team then headed by Julio Cesar Leal..... Low productivity caused his original contract, the risk does not last longer than the first four months allowed... 

What are the announcers watching?  Ibra is" the only one in the box" as the ball goes over Pogba's head to Zlatan

I have a feeling this is going to be emblematic of many United games this year - long stretches of disinterest, followed by moments of brilliance.

ETA - I think they will turn up for 90 minutes against certain teams but most games will be rather boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling this is going to be emblematic of many United games this year - long stretches of disinterest, followed by moments of brilliance.
As shown by the 2 mins of extra time.  In the SAF era they would have gone and got a goal or tried too.  Now they are happy to hold the ball and take the ht break

Users who are viewing this thread