What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

@NewlyRetired...Our favorite frenchman Fekir is back with a vengeance...He scored a UCL hat-trick for Lyon today.  Impressive to come back from such a devastating injury last year; both mentally & physically.  He can be special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiorentina gives up a lead on the home leg.

Both clubs in Southampton's group are out with a whimper. What's the story on Rostov?

Gent. Spurs are wankers.

Fiorentina gives up a lead on the home leg.

Both clubs in Southampton's group are out with a whimper. What's the story on Rostov?

Gent. Spurs are wankers.
Worse yet, Fio was at home & up 3-0 on agg.  They proceeded to concede a penalty in the 45' & allow the joint-fastest hattrick in EL history, to one Lars Stindl.  Shambolic.

I expect lots of interesting EL round-of-16 chatter tomorrow. I'll try to get the TPS reports out of the way early so I can participate.

Dear god, you could make the case that United is favored to win two decent trophies.

I snort-giggled at "No. 1 fan of Cypriot soccer."

Not gonna open that link, not gonna watch that video; at least till morning.  Pretty sure I know what they contain... :bag:
clicksvideo

Holy ####!  Did you see that absolute screamer from DeRossi?  Pure class; & to do it on the road on a cold rainy night in Manchester, in the UCL....Just wow.  Thanks for sharing, gb!

clicksvideo

Holy ####!  Did you see that absolute screamer from DeRossi?  Pure class; & to do it on the road on a cold rainy night in Manchester, in the UCL....Just wow.  Thanks for sharing, gb!
I almost added a 3rd spoiler saying De Rossi's strike was the best of the bunch - I should have, my apologies.

-The  :fro: 's draw Rostov (Rus)...(There's Fergie Time, & Fergie draws)

-The Vermaelan's get Lyon

-Schalke 04 draw Monchengladbach; a German derby

I almost added a 3rd spoiler saying De Rossi's strike was the best of the bunch - I should have, my apologies.
We also drew ManU the next year in the UCL knockout stages too, losing 3-0(?) on agg, with DeRossi missing a huge penalty at Old Trafford. The crazy part about that infamous 7-1 debacle was that Roma won the first leg 2-1.

We also drew ManU the next year in the UCL knockout stages too, losing 3-0(?) on agg, with DeRossi missing a huge penalty at Old Trafford. The crazy part about that infamous 7-1 debacle was that Roma won the first leg 2-1.
I remember being nervous until it got to 2-0 - freaking Alan Smith scores a goal, SAF was remarkable getting the most out of some ordinary players and pushing the great ones.

I remember being nervous until it got to 2-0 - freaking Alan Smith scores a goal, SAF was remarkable getting the most out of some ordinary players and pushing the great ones.
Alan Smith scoring.  Carrick with a brace?  I think those are the last 2 shots hes taken.  Evra with a goal?

-The  :fro: 's draw Rostov (Rus)...(There's Fergie Time, & Fergie draws)

-The Vermaelan's get Lyon

-Schalke 04 draw Monchengladbach; a German derby
Yeah they get the lowest rated team left in Europa but the travel is not easy and they did beat Bayern in CL before dropping down.

United's fixtures: EEL Southhampton (A) 2/26,  EPL Bournmouth (H) 3/4, EL Rostov (A) 3/9, FA Cup Chelsea (A) 3/13, EL Rostov (H) 3/16, EPL Middlesborough (A) 3/19

Not sure who is calling the Barcelona-Atletico Madrid game, but I'm glad the color guy finally realized Barcelona is playing with the 3 at the back.  

Oblak and Ter Stegen putting on a clinic in good keeping right now.

Spurs have very few holes in their lineup. Kane is on a tear.
They are very solid.  I can't figure out how they can look so good domestically and be so poor in Europe.

In any event, they will be hard to dislodge from the top four.

Not sure who is calling the Barcelona-Atletico Madrid game, but I'm glad the color guy finally realized Barcelona is playing with the 3 at the back.  

Oblak and Ter Stegen putting on a clinic in good keeping right now.
Gritty victory in the next to last match (besides CdR final) Barcelona will play at Vicente Calederon.

Now time to pay attention to the other screen since Soton keeps it alaive

Users who are viewing this thread