Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread

5 minutes ago, Kafka said:

It's too late...The "Rona Curse of Floppo from the favela" has already begun.  Lazio 2-0 Roma; FT.

I "liked" it, but I hate lazio... so feeling conflicted here.

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinn Fein

• El Floppo

• AAABatteries

• B Maverick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zlatan’s 500th career goal is ridiculous.  https://streamable.com/u5sl7  

Sean Raggett, Lincoln City goalscorer: "No time for celebrations, it’s North Ferriby away on Tuesday”    

English teams in CL

Fernando Torres got knocked out today - being held over night, but it was a doosie.

ETA = players fighting among themselves to keep him from swallowing his tongue :oldunsure:

I think the players need better guidance on how to treat these injuries so that the injure player is not manhandled by everyone.

Edited by Sinn Fein

MEDICAL PART @ Torres suffers a traumatic brain injury. He was taken to the hospital for testing. You will spend the night watching.

Antonio Sanz tells us that after his strong blow with Bergantiños, Fernando Torres "has regained consciousness, he is calm."

Edited by Sinn Fein
11 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

My 2 favorite goals of the day so far:

Chris Wood (Leeds) nice lob against Birmingham (0-1)

FC Augsburg 1-1 RB Leipzig - Werner 25'

I am pretty sure that those two have 100 goals combined this season

Is that Anelka at RW/RB for Birmingham(#2)?

eta: God, I wish work would pick up...

Edited by Kafka
2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

:coffee:

seems a bit of an end-to-end match to start the day...

ETA - Rooney with his last start at Old Trafford?

:coffee:...I pray to the Lord you have some Roma (v Napoli @ 9:00 AM) goal-gifs for me this fine morning...:thumbup:

• Like 1

I'll be surprised if Zlatan and Martial are both with United next season.  Zlatan seems to have no love for Martial.

This is definitely United's "We Don't Respect You and we are Playing for Trophies anyway" lineup.

:lol:  Zlatan telling the player and the ref how it is going to be

ETA - and then 5 minutes later the ref giving Zlatan the Yellow...

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

No replay needed, NBC?

I think they were afraid of the wrath of Zlatan (though he did get stepped on the head, so maybe he can claim temporary insanity...)

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

Don't think so - can't be reviewed if the ref puts the incident in his match report.

I thought if the ref doesn't see it, it can be later reviewed and punished.

And he clearly didn't see it.

Just now, El Floppo said:

I thought if the ref doesn't see it, it can be later reviewed and punished.

And he clearly didn't see it.

he did not see it, but unless the refs and the linesman both say they were not watching two players going for the ball - they won't be able to say they did not see the coming together and decide it was incidental contact.

Real question is whether that stomp on the head was intentional or not. Couple replays in, I err on not. He gets pushed by Rooney as he's jumping. But tbh I'm not 100℅ 

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

he did not see it, but unless the refs and the linesman both say they were not watching two players going for the ball - they won't be able to say they did not see the coming together and decide it was incidental contact.

Dunno about this. Video clearly shows intent. Both refs clearly missed it.

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Dunno about this. Video clearly shows intent. Both refs clearly missed it.

Right - but if the refs determine it was incidental contact - incorrectly - then its not reviewable.  Given that the incident happened on the ball hard to imagine both the ref and linesman will claim that they did not see the incident - even more so when the Ref spoke to Zlatan afterwards.

ETA - and awarded a free kick to Bournemouth

Edited by Sinn Fein
4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Real question is whether that stomp on the head was intentional or not. Couple replays in, I err on not. He gets pushed by Rooney as he's jumping. But tbh I'm not 100℅ 

Ew. Yeah, looks like he looked down before the stomp. Nasty... he'll see some time in the clink too

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Right - but if the refs determine it was incidental contact - incorrectly - then its not reviewable.  Given that the incident happened on the ball hard to imagine both the ref and linesman will claim that they did not see the incident - even more so when the Ref spoke to Zlatan afterwards.

I'm sure there's something in there about intent... well... kinda sure

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

So what about the stomp? Also a play on the ball, nothing called. Same situation?