What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wooing my neighbor: I came. I hugged. I wooed. Now moving on. (2 Viewers)

Also, ask AZ Ron how this story should end and maybe he can help with the writing. 
This was more of an advice solicitation thread. If we get to dates, I'll work on spit-shining the writing a little more. One can only aspire to the level of the AZ Ron good life. 

What ever happened to the "return the cookie plate" idea, and if it was a paper plate, then return a paper plate? Brilliant and funny. Do it!
:lol: I was too late for that.  I did thank her again for the cookies afterwards when I saw her again and laughed about the 5yo handing me the plate of cookies and literally turning and running away. 

What ever happened to the "return the cookie plate" idea, and if it was a paper plate, then return a paper plate? Brilliant and funny. Do it!
This

Return the plate and/or reciprocate treats. And bring enough of something fresh (cookies, pie, etc) that she may feel compelled to invite you in to share. If nothing else, gage her reaction to you bringing her something. Excuse to see her again, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
This

Return the plate and/or reciprocate treats. And bring enough of something fresh (cookies, pie, etc) that she may feel compelled to invite you in to share. If nothing else, gage her reaction to you bringing her something. Excuse to see her again, too.
I did think about returning the favor. I think I may just do that. 

OMG

Worst idea ever.  I took it upon myself to haul a ladder over to your house and clean your gutters.  If you actually do it, it's creepy and if you don't, you're a liar.

Don't listen to offdee.  For some reason, he thinks he's the PUA of the FFA when in reality he couldn't be farther from that.  Check out the AZ Ron thread for inspiration and see if Big Steel Thrill has any specific ideas for you to have ready when you actually do have a meaningful conversation.
Besides, she just moved in. Chances are the gutters are already clean...

And don't act like she'd be doing you some big favor by ####### you.  She's a middle-aged, single gal with kids.  it's not like good guys are beating down her door to sweep her off her feet.  If you're decent looking, have a stable job, and won't pump and dump her, you're ahead of the pack.

Be smart, nice, funny, and confident. 

dude.. :mellow:

just buy her a bottle of wine and something stupid and fun, from the dollar store or wherever, for her kids and take it over there.  chat her up.  ask her out, ask her to come over with the kids and you'll fire up the grill.  might need someone to hold the umbrella for you while you cook.  find an indoor bounce house or trampoline place to take the kids, since it rains all the time.   whatever.  be fun, confident, smile.

don't listen to offdee, you're just as likely to have her call the cops if you do some sort of house maintenance for her with out asking.  terrible idea.

:lol; no, I just felt like maybe it was copycatting her move :shrug:  
Jebus, son--you need a dating refresher course.  I've been married for 19 years so I am by no means an expert but I do know that you need to at least exhibit a modicum of aggression when trying to woo a member of the fairer sex.  Stop making excuses and start going after what you want.  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Labor Day is right around the corner.  Plan and throw a neighborhood Labor Day Party so you have an excuse to see her in a fun setting.  Offer her your dry shirt after the wet t-shirt contest.

:chivalry:

First off make sure she is home, you dont want it to be awkward where one of the kids answer the door and you have to explain why you are dropping something off for their mom. Take her a bottle of wine to thank her for the cookies (really just an excuse for you to be in her yard) while there chat her up, find something that you are both have interests in, kids school, an annoying/weird neighbor. From there at some point ask her if she has been to a new restaurant/movie theater/event in town, hopefully not, then mention that you know lives can be busy being a single parent, but if she could find some time in the next couple weeks(shows her that you are single and you will find out for sure if she is) then ask her if she wanted to go some time. Bam, in her pants in no time. 

teach me, Mr. Thesaurus 
Depends on the objective here......rowing peacefully in a boat on a small city lake as you recite poetry and she is twirling her perisole? Or holding her hair out of the way while she pukes in a garbage can outside a Metallica concert? Wide range of possibilities depending on how much you like her.

First off make sure she is home, you dont want it to be awkward where one of the kids answer the door and you have to explain why you are dropping something off for their mom. Take her a bottle of wine to thank her for the cookies (really just an excuse for you to be in her yard) while there chat her up, find something that you are both have interests in, kids school, an annoying/weird neighbor. From there at some point ask her if she has been to a new restaurant/movie theater/event in town, hopefully not, then mention that you know lives can be busy being a single parent, but if she could find some time in the next couple weeks(shows her that you are single and you will find out for sure if she is) then ask her if she wanted to go some time. Bam, in her pants in no time. 
Not bad but you could ...

carry your ladder over to her house and clean her gutters unsolicited.  :lol:   WTF

Who thinks that could ever be a good idea?

Tell her that you were appalled by what Trump said about her people.  If she says she's not Mexican and names another nationality just say, "Close enough."
:lmao:  

Man, back in the day, nothing showed a chick you were into her like making her a good ol' mix tape. 
I can burn her a CD. Or should I just go with a thumb-drive?

We will need an update no later than FRIDAY morning!!!    FRIDAY....got it?  
Got it. We have good weather today for a change. Hoping to catch her outside. 

Why would he want to call himself out like that, he's trying to date her??

Got t it. We have good weather today for a change. Hoping to catch her outside. 
You really have an issue with the weather, don't you.  Why wait to catch her outside?  Go ring the doorbell and ask her out.  I like the idea of asking her over for dinner.   Or grilling a lunch outside in the rain. Have her hold the umbrella for you.  But what do I know.  I've got Asperger's.  

Users who are viewing this thread