What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Lost out on SD (overbid). Now I need to decide between the following (which seem to be on most people's WW's):

• GB vs. MIN
  • TEN @ JAX
  • NYG @ PHI
  • CIN @ HOU

I "think" I have them listed how I'd rank them myself...but will probably flip flop a number of times before deciding  

fwiw, I'd take SD over all of those

I'm staying away from Tennessee. GB and SD are available. I have Minnesota and survived their zero. I think GB throttles Minny this week and I like the SD ,agh up but I've been burned before by a sexy D pickup on the road in a game neither team has anything to play for. 
I am kind of thinking the same way..I'm thinking in the SD/Clev game,both teams have nothing to play for.But sometimes those games turn into mistake filled games,with plenty of turnovers and sacks(Some guys have incentives in their contracts or are playing for a new contract and still want to play hard)Good chance of rain in Cleveland too!!!!  I could start GB also,at home,the Def has been making plays with 10 turnovers in the last 2 games! But Bradford doesn't turn the ball over much at all.He's thrown 4 picks ALL YEAR!!!! I am going with SD,as they have a much better chance at getting a few turnovers and more sacks..and they have a better chance at holding the Browns to fewer points in the game(I get 6 points in my league, if your Def holds their opponent under 10 points) and we get 10 points for a shutout...

I had the Raiders going last week, but I added the Giants this week. The Giants are playing great and they're talented, and Wentz has been turning the ball over kinda consistently the last 5 or so weeks. But those Thursday night games are a total crapshoot it seems. Teams lay eggs there all the time. I think I gotta go with them, though. Oakland doesn't have a great match-up, and the TOs forced seems to favor NYG (without the numbers in front of me.)

I had the Raiders going last week, but I added the Giants this week. The Giants are playing great and they're talented, and Wentz has been turning the ball over kinda consistently the last 5 or so weeks. But those Thursday night games are a total crapshoot it seems. Teams lay eggs there all the time. I think I gotta go with them, though. Oakland doesn't have a great match-up, and the TOs forced seems to favor NYG (without the numbers in front of me.)
I prefer the Giants D this week over Oakland. 

Lost out on SD (overbid). Now I need to decide between the following (which seem to be on most people's WW's):

• GB vs. MIN
  • TEN @ JAX
  • NYG @ PHI
  • CIN @ HOU

I "think" I have them listed how I'd rank them myself...but will probably flip flop a number of times before deciding  

fwiw, I'd take SD over all of those
Your thinking looks correct to me.  With Savage under center now in Houston, I do not think I would game going against them.  He could throw for 3 TDs/0 INTs or 0 TDs/3 INTs.  Really tough to figure that situation out.

Your thinking looks correct to me.  With Savage under center now in Houston, I do not think I would game going against them.  He could throw for 3 TDs/0 INTs or 0 TDs/3 INTs.  Really tough to figure that situation out.
Another thing to consider is that they might want to keep things conservative with Savage at the helm. So, while that may help with the lower scoring, I'm thinking it will also limit the turnover potential. 

Like others Im nervous about playing TENN. Hows everyone like BUF playing home vs warm weather MIA and Matt Moore?
My two teams I'm carrying. Fantasypros has them almost 50/50 last time I checked. Seeing what Miami just did to the jets scares me personally.

I grabbed the Giants. A little nervous about an divisional away game, but Thursday night games never kill offenses, so flipped it back for me. 

Am I stupid to play SD over DEN?
I picked up SD this week, but I am not uber confident about that choice. I imagine that - as bad as they are - Cleveland is going to be crazy motivated to *not* go 0-16. That could be good for the SD defense, in that there may be more risk, more chances taken by Cleveland, and therefore more turnovers ... but I think I would roll with Denver if I had them

I picked up SD this week, but I am not uber confident about that choice. I imagine that - as bad as they are - Cleveland is going to be crazy motivated to *not* go 0-16. That could be good for the SD defense, in that there may be more risk, more chances taken by Cleveland, and therefore more turnovers ... but I think I would roll with Denver if I had them
Exactly. With the Steelers needing to win out for their bye I highly suspect this is the only week they have to get that one win.  I don't think they're going to pull it off against a motivated playoff team.

Exactly. With the Steelers needing to win out for their bye I highly suspect this is the only week they have to get that one win.  I don't think they're going to pull it off against a motivated playoff team.
At the same time, SD should be pretty motivated to avoid being Cleveland's 1 win in 2016. 

At the same time, SD should be pretty motivated to avoid being Cleveland's 1 win in 2016. 
I see your point and I think for the most part most teams would feel this way.  I'm just wondering if you can recall when the last time the Chargers looked like they played with any motivation at all.  

Debating between the Giants and Dallas. Something tells me the Cowboys might put up some decent numbers against the Lions at him on a prime time Monday night game.

Are they still playing for home field advantage in the playoffs or will that already be determined by the time they play? 

Debating between the Giants and Dallas. Something tells me the Cowboys might put up some decent numbers against the Lions at him on a prime time Monday night game.

Are they still playing for home field advantage in the playoffs or will that already be determined by the time they play? 
If the Giants lose on Thursday then they won't have much to play for.  Given you're debating between DAL and NYG I guess your best bet would be to go DAL since if the Giants lose you would have had a stinker and if they win Dallas has to play for something.

DocHolliday said:
I'm here in San Diego and the season not only feels over, but it feels like they;ve packed up and went to LA. The Raiders coming to town and taking up 90% over the stadium last week completely deflated them. Players themselves said things like "maybe San Diego doesn't want us here". Rivers, who is always positive on the radio, said "it was a road game". And he said it like he was pissed and detached. The team didn't even use their last timeout at the end of the game. The Browns have a real shot at this game. 

If the Giants lose on Thursday then they won't have much to play for.  Given you're debating between DAL and NYG I guess your best bet would be to go DAL since if the Giants lose you would have had a stinker and if they win Dallas has to play for something.
This is very sound logic. i am also playing against ODB tonight and how he does may dictate if I need to take a bigger risk with a D I can still pick up. Playing the Giants D may tie my hands and limit my moves.

Sebowski said:
I grabbed the Giants. A little nervous about an divisional away game, but Thursday night games never kill offenses, so flipped it back for me. 
Jenkins is out. Might be risky. 

I'm here in San Diego and the season not only feels over, but it feels like they;ve packed up and went to LA. The Raiders coming to town and taking up 90% over the stadium last week completely deflated them. Players themselves said things like "maybe San Diego doesn't want us here". Rivers, who is always positive on the radio, said "it was a road game". And he said it like he was pissed and detached. The team didn't even use their last timeout at the end of the game. The Browns have a real shot at this game. 
My survivor pick this week is very concerned to hear this...

I managed to grab both GB and SD to choose from (and block opponent). Something about this game has me nervous. I remember in a fanatsy bowl a few years ago Rivers went to Cinicinatti and they completely stunk it up. Feels the same. Warm weather team playing out the string coming to the east. And like you mention, team in turmoil. Think I'll stay with GB. They absolutely have everything to play for.

I managed to grab both GB and SD to choose from (and block opponent). Something about this game has me nervous. I remember in a fanatsy bowl a few years ago Rivers went to Cinicinatti and they completely stunk it up. Feels the same. Warm weather team playing out the string coming to the east. And like you mention, team in turmoil. Think I'll stay with GB. They absolutely have everything to play for.
I want to play SD but my gut doesn't feel right doing it.  It's like my inner Akbar is trying to tell me something.  I think I'm going to roll with DEN.

I'm in the same position as you.  But gb vs minn is a divisional game and they always get up to play each other no?   And minn is still in the playoff hunt too RT?  Or are they eliminated?

both sd and cle have nothing to play for.  Cleveland is tanking for the top pick in next years draft.  Sd d gives me the impression that they have a lot of pride and play tough.  They create a lot of turnovers too.  They could feast on Griffin.  I'm feeling a pick 6!

down to last week for LCG with seemingly three good choices - Rams, Packers, and Titans

TEN appears to be best but only marginally on projected points

I'm in the same position as you.  But gb vs minn is a divisional game and they always get up to play each other no?   And minn is still in the playoff hunt too RT?  Or are they eliminated?

both sd and cle have nothing to play for.  Cleveland is tanking for the top pick in next years draft.  Sd d gives me the impression that they have a lot of pride and play tough.  They create a lot of turnovers too.  They could feast on Griffin.  I'm feeling a pick 6!
Rolling SD this week for all the reasons stated above. I don't see a scenario where they're hurting you, e.g. RG3 carving them up, and the upside is absolutely there for a Week 16 dice roll.

Glad I benched Giants last second for the Pack.

If SD was available I'd probably start them over the Pack. They've been generating turnovers and Griffin is nothing to fear. I've played defenses that face Thebes's Browns the majority of the year year and none have let me down immensely (outside of Miami)

Rams don't appeal to me at all. Titans seem good on paper but they're best corner is apparently out. Could see Bortles putting up some garbage numbers. 

Glad I benched Giants last second for the Pack.

If SD was available I'd probably start them over the Pack. They've been generating turnovers and Griffin is nothing to fear. I've played defenses that face Thebes's Browns the majority of the year year and none have let me down immensely (outside of Miami)

Rams don't appeal to me at all. Titans seem good on paper but they're best corner is apparently out. Could see Bortles putting up some garbage numbers. 
Bortles has to feel like he is playing for his job next year. Whether that makes a difference or not .....

I think this is ultimately right from a game standpoint -- I think SD is set up for a loss coming to a cold weather game after a demoralizing loss at "home."

However, I don't necessarily think that spells doom for their D. As others mentioned above, the Browns, while motivated to stay off the schneid, don't have the kind of personnel that turns this into a blowout for them, and SD does have incentive to help Gates get into the end zone.

Can see one of these teams winning by less than a TD, but can't see RG3 becoming Brady overnight.

Sticking with SD and the cupcake match up helping their opportunistic D pick apart RG3. 

GB Defense gets a boost .. Vikings are probably tired as hell from being in stuck in that runway for 4-5 extra hours than anticipated last night 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread