What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Dropped LA for NYJ this week.  Get a playmaker back, had 7 sacks vs. Cincy, bad offensive team with one of 2 best offensive players dinged.  Hope I don't regret giving up on LAR after their stinker last week.

For those of you who COULD start Vikings but aren't, shame on you.  + personnel and one of the best defensive-minded coaches in the league.  I have Minny in one league and regardless of their sched I'm starting them.

I get it.

But we all know Denver was elite last year.

No one said Denver was "elite" after week 1.

I'm not prepared to say MIN is elite after week one this year either.

You can read up further in this thread (go back to page one), I was all over MIN in the offseason and targeted them everywhere. (got them in 2 leagues, and HOU in another)

I don't always sit my elite defenses, but when I do, I tend to sit them vs teams like, I don't know...GREEN BAY with a fresh Jordy Nelson back.

MIN is still sitting out there on one wire, where I dropped them. IF they do well this week, then I will likely get them back for the next week and so on.

Even if you try and argue and say they are "elite", do you think they are going to put up another 20 point outing this week vs GB?  I doubt it, so there is a good chance they will be available after this week.

They are on the road @ CAR the following week.  I am all for snagging a defense I can trot out every week, but I am not ready to do that just yet, at least until after week 2/possibly week 3.

If I miss out, then so be it.

Then I can come back to this thread and stream like I often do and get solid results that way.   :thumbup:

TZM

If they do well vs the Packers then you will very likely need to burn a waiver pick on them next week.

I dropped the Eagles D and went with Baltimore.  Really don't see Josh McCown making this offense look great all of the sudden.

As for Minny, they're out there but I think I will roll the dice and see if I can snag them up after waivers next week.

Torn on MIN or NYJ. Jets obviously a better matchup on paper but Minny at home at night, defense knows it has to win the game for them, they'll be pretty jacked up.

Rolling with the Jets. Thought about picking up the Ravens - great matchup on paper - but I actually think McCown will be effective getting Barnidge involved.

McCown v BAL 2015:

57/89 - 669 - 3 - 0 + 1 rush TD

McCown last year was 14th in passer rating, sandwiched in between E Manning & Rodgers.

Also not crazy about their ROS schedule.

Probably reading too much into that, good matchup this week.

Thoughts on the Bills tonight? Fitzpatrick has been historically bad against Rex Ryan, it's in Buffalo, it's a Thurs night game which tend to be more sloppily played and you know Rex always wants to stick it to the Jets.

Thoughts on the Bills tonight? Fitzpatrick has been historically bad against Rex Ryan, it's in Buffalo, it's a Thurs night game which tend to be more sloppily played and you know Rex always wants to stick it to the Jets.
I'm going this way in multiple leagues. So you know it's a huge mistake.

This is what I'm doing tonight. Thursday night game, plenty of bad-looking throws by Fitz last week. So you know the Jets are going to blow up and drop 34 while losing or something like that.  

So tired of streaming defenses and making the wrong call every week. Next year, I'll just draft Denver in the 4th. Hell with it. 

Bears are my easy pick this week. No competition to get them. Monday night home game against a rookie QB. Not the best offensive weapons. D wasn't too bad week 1 on the road against a playoff contender. Just because Philly beat an awful Browns team, don't confuse Philly for a good team just yet.

This is what I'm doing tonight. Thursday night game, plenty of bad-looking throws by Fitz last week. So you know the Jets are going to blow up and drop 34 while losing or something like that.  
only 3 off.  You guys all definitely jinxed it.

I'm going this way in multiple leagues. So you know it's a huge mistake.

Anyone rolling with the OAK D?

At home. Atlanta flying all the way to the west coast. Sanu and Julio somewhat dinged. Matt Ryan on the road.

Oakland looked horrible last week but that was on the road in New Orleans where Brees is unstopable.

Could see Oakland getting out in front and then that D line swarming Ryan.

I currently have LA starting but need points and I'm already starting R. Wilson. PHI sitting in waivers but I smell Chicago victory at home and Wentz taking a step back.

kyoun1e said:
Anyone rolling with the OAK D?

At home. Atlanta flying all the way to the west coast. Sanu and Julio somewhat dinged. Matt Ryan on the road.

Oakland looked horrible last week but that was on the road in New Orleans where Brees is unstopable.

Could see Oakland getting out in front and then that D line swarming Ryan.

I currently have LA starting but need points and I'm already starting R. Wilson. PHI sitting in waivers but I smell Chicago victory at home and Wentz taking a step back.
I am.  I have mild expectations.  

How are people feeling about LA?

Looked up last year's stats. Sacked Wilson 6 and 4 times respectively, picked off Wilson both games, and scored a TD both games.

Wilson hobbled, offensive line seems like it has problems, and the running game isn't quite in a groove.

For whatever reason, the Rams seem to be jeckyl and hyde when it comes to home vs away. And after being embarrassed on national TV I wonder if they come out fired up.

All that said, their offense (and Seattle's D) may be too much to overcome.

I need upside after Forte ran all over me. Seems to be few options with this kind of upside.

Ilov80s said:
Bears are my easy pick this week. No competition to get them. Monday night home game against a rookie QB. Not the best offensive weapons. D wasn't too bad week 1 on the road against a playoff contender. Just because Philly beat an awful Browns team, don't confuse Philly for a good team just yet.
This is what I'm doing this week.

i hope i'm wrong, but the raider d looked really bad.  i picked up and am starting matt ryan because the secondary looked so awful.  smith was benched he was so bad.

i picked up buf, the td salvaged a few points and am rolling with the eagles in my other league.

if there are other choices, i'd take them.  

Just some thoughts:

- the Pats at home vs Mia. I have no idea if they're owned everywhere, they may have been dropped or not drafted because of last week's matchup. But it seems to me this is a really good DST start in waiting.

- Oak - all I can say is that everyone in NO thought the offensive line had problems and would get killed last week aside from a coverage sack & strip on the first drive there didn't seem to be much pressure. I think Ryan will do well.

- I think the Pack D might be a trap pick. Something about Min opening their field & Bradford hooking up with Norv makes me think the Vikes could click.

- Redskins are a sleeper pick. Those DBs at home vs Prescott who is supposed to try to spread it around more seems like a nice recipe. They may be overlooked after last week's lousy matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
 WTF happened to the Jets...?

Does anyone know?   I was not in a position to watch the games, but from the box score it looks like they showed up week 1 then then just went to sleep Thursday night.

Looks like its going to be another year of streaming in a couple of my leagues.

TZM

WTF happened to the Jets...?

Does anyone know?   I was not in a position to watch the games, but from the box score it looks like they showed up week 1 then then just went to sleep Thursday night.

Looks like its going to be another year of streaming in a couple of my leagues.

TZM
I was there, and I can tell you the Jets defense had an odd night.  They got burned on two long passes (71 and 82 yards if I remember correctly), one was blown coverage, one was a bomb to Goodwin who has Olympic speed.  There was a defensive TD that the other Marshall handed the Bills and the 4th TD was garbage time. They contained McCoy almost completely, he had one 20-25 yard run and a bunch of two-yarders.  They did not, however, put a lot of pressure on Tyrod.  

So while the Jets were a dud from a fantasy standpoint, they didn't look terrible in person.  I think the Bills got a lot of flukey points that the Jets won't allow on a regular basis.  Go Bills, womp womp

Am I the only one thinking that SF d is possibly legit?  

Im thinking the Rams are a better offense than they were in week 1 and sf might just be that good?

I'm considering picking up sf to pair with philly for the time being.  

If they do well tomorrow in Car they'll be a hot waiver pickup. Every year there seems to be 1 defenses are available on the ww early in the season that go on to be a top 5 defense.  

Last year it was KC.  I'm thinking this year SF has a shot.  Young talented group with a very aggressive DC and scheme.  

How are people feeling about LA?

Looked up last year's stats. Sacked Wilson 6 and 4 times respectively, picked off Wilson both games, and scored a TD both games.

Wilson hobbled, offensive line seems like it has problems, and the running game isn't quite in a groove.

For whatever reason, the Rams seem to be jeckyl and hyde when it comes to home vs away. And after being embarrassed on national TV I wonder if they come out fired up.

All that said, their offense (and Seattle's D) may be too much to overcome.

I need upside after Forte ran all over me. Seems to be few options with this kind of upside.
I decided to stick with them one more week. Too much talent and they always give Seattle fits.

Am I the only one thinking that SF d is possibly legit?  

Im thinking the Rams are a better offense than they were in week 1 and sf might just be that good?

I'm considering picking up sf to pair with philly for the time being.  

If they do well tomorrow in Car they'll be a hot waiver pickup. Every year there seems to be 1 defenses are available on the ww early in the season that go on to be a top 5 defense.  

Last year it was KC.  I'm thinking this year SF has a shot.  Young talented group with a very aggressive DC and scheme.  
The Chiefs had a nice schedule IIRC. - For SF: At Carolina is still a lousy matchup. At Seattle after that. Ari 2 weeks after that.

Top 8 Most FF PA Allowed to DT: 

BAL

BUF

CHI

CLE

LA

MIA

SEA

TEN

Obvioisly, the sample size of 1 game is insufficient to be meaningful. Baltimore and Miami may be lousy offensively, but they were both in low scoring games with Buffalo and Seattle. The health of Watkins and Wilson were primary reasons the latter two teams struggled.

But CHI, CLE and LA are going to be on this consistently. TEN may have the worst set of WRs in the NFL and Walker was uninvolved.

THE KEY to effective DT streaming is the generousity of the upcoming opponent's offensive. Target the DT playing those four and you'll do well.

Which lousy offenses are missing? Low scoring & prone to give up sacks or turnovers? Probably put DAL, MIN and PHI are in the conversation, though Dak & Wentz looked poised Week 1. MIN will be in a low of low scoring games.

Anyone else?
This is more or less a repost of something I said at the beginning of the week 1 defensive matchup thread.

There are several teams with possible QB deficiencies, either because QBs are making their first start or journeymen are inserted due to injury/suspension or the failure of a draft pick to step up. This could be a harbinger for the season to come, you usually don't see this kind of mix of young, mediocre & backup QBs starting until the end of the season. It's a lot right here early on.

LA - Case Keenum - We all saw it.

MIN - Shaun Hill -> Now gives way to Bradford. Some people think this is a great matchup for GB because Bradford just picked up the playbook. I'm not so sure.

NE - Garopollo - The Cards had one big blown coverage, otherwise they had 2 TOs, 2 sacks.

DAL - Prescott - Efficient but very little YPA.

Den - Siemian - well that worked out quite nicely, still Carolina had some TOs now didn't they. Indy D stinks though, but keep this one in your hip pocket.

CLE - Griffith -> McCown. Week 1 was automatic for PHI DST owners. McCown seems less appetizing than Griffith as a matchup though.

PHI - Wentz. He looked great week 1, but this is still an open question because of the awfulness of the Cle offense week 1 and the fact their own D is so young.

TEN - MM is not a 1st year or sub but he is a 2nd year in the first year with a new offensive system.

OPEN NOTE TO ALL STREAMERS -  Please refer to this thread in the coming weeks.  Anyone who I publicly pick as my streamer (like Baltimore) immediately cross them off your list.

Should be a good help to all of you knowing you can safely factor out any team that I pick.     :wall:

TZM

Holy hell Oakland was fing horrible.  Got to finD another def next week.  That was ####ty.  I would have lost anyway but damn

So tired of streaming defenses and making the wrong call every week. Next year, I'll just draft Denver in the 4th. Hell with it. 
Bit of a thread hijack, but I'll ask anyway~

Maybe not 4th, but why not this? Old school drafting (multiple RBs early) has morphed to reflect the NFL's passing game.  Perhaps waiting until the last round or two to draft a D/ST may be rethought, as well?  No doubt a guppy move to many of you, but the floor of a stud defense seems more attractive to me right now than the "opportunity" some of those on my bench are waiting for.

Miami vs clv looks nice.  Their schedule isn't bad either.  

Nyg vs was?  

Thoughts?
Hoping to pick up NYG. Next couple weeks should be decent; in fact, other than Week 5 @ GB the RoS has several good matchups.

Jets have an attractive stretch again weeks 7-10 (Bal, @ Cle, @ Mia, LA.)

Users who are viewing this thread