What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3RR (1 Viewer)

I'm guessing this has come up before, but why no third round reversal for the FBG Players Championship?  It seems to be the consensus way to make the draft more fair.

TheGreatInTraining said:
I'm guessing this has come up before, but why no third round reversal for the FBG Players Championship?  It seems to be the consensus way to make the draft more fair.
Because that was someone else's gimmic. They got the TE buff as theirs.

I like the 3RR.  Did it for the first time a couple weekends ago, and thought it was a good equalizer.  although, I did two drafts, from the 2 and the 9. and I still felt much better about the team from the 2 hole, even with 3RR.

I remember when I first started fantasy football in the days of getting stats out of the newspaper (yeah, that was a thing), we tried a draft method that was interesting, but probably not too fair.

1-12, then  7-12:1-6, then  2-12:1, then 9-12:1-8 Etc...  basically, each team would get the first pick of a round over 12 rounds.   As said, doesn't turn out  to be too fair, but it did eliminate the "end" drafting.  Never had to wait more than 17 spots for your next pick or something like that.  honestly, with the way drafts are going this year, I don't think it makes much of a difference.. there are so many discrepancies in the way people think about players this year, that draft slot after the 1-3 pick this year is a crap shoot anyway.

Consensus way? Where did you get that?

The only major contest using that is the NFFC - and it's a holdover from when the drafts started with Tomlinson and five or six other running backs. NOT needed with today's NFL passing game domination and not used by FFPC or FFWC

Users who are viewing this thread