What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred and Greg's thread (3 Viewers)

GregR said:
Now that's some foreshadowing.   Sound on. Woman in foreground.
We almost had this happen Monday night.  One fell over and fortunately pointed out to the street (shooting a blast right under a neighbor's truck, but nothing damaged). Another one was apparently defective, because while still firing fireballs directly skyward, it also fired out several SIDEWAYS. I'm pretty sure one green flare buzzed by within a foot of my head.

In hindsight, REALLY fortunate nothing hit the big pile of yet-to-be-lit fireworks.  And of course, we all kept our chairs right where they were and continued lighting/watching/drinking.

I haven't lit fireworks in quite awhile. But one of the last times I did, had this thing which was basically seven mortars of increasing size, all within a much larger surrounding cylinder, so it looked like it was something gigantic.

Well, one of the early mortars blew apart the surrounding cylinder, so part of it flopped over on the rest. So when they shot, they hit it and ricocheted off sideways into the crowd.  It was a big gathering in a cul-de-sac of a subdivision. Thankfully no one was hurt, and nothing was in the area to be set off.

I'm probably kind of militant now about where a fireworks stash be kept in relation to the what's being lit.

I haven't lit fireworks in quite awhile. But one of the last times I did, had this thing which was basically seven mortars of increasing size, all within a much larger surrounding cylinder, so it looked like it was something gigantic.

Well, one of the early mortars blew apart the surrounding cylinder, so part of it flopped over on the rest. So when they shot, they hit it and ricocheted off sideways into the crowd.  It was a big gathering in a cul-de-sac of a subdivision. Thankfully no one was hurt, and nothing was in the area to be set off.

I'm probably kind of militant now about where a fireworks stash be kept in relation to the what's being lit.
We were talking about getting some sandbags to put around the base of them - both to prevent tipping and to block/absorb any sideways ####

Users who are viewing this thread