What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

Sad to see Gordon go out this way. The knee injury will impact him into next season. He came alive and looked like the guy SAN Diego had drafted. I don't care about the FF perspective, and I didn't draft Mel but SAN Diego suffered brutal injuries and today was a huge thumb in the eye.

season over SAN Diego, please don't get Rivers hurt.

Riding 8-game win streak into playoffs, 3rd highest scoring team. Drew 2nd highest scoring team as my 1st rd opponent. Winner likely gets top-scoring team next week.

Gordon goes down, with no pts, and David Johnson is having one of his worst games of the season. I am convinced that at this point it becomes about who is the luckiest.

Riding 8-game win streak into playoffs, 3rd highest scoring team. Drew 2nd highest scoring team as my 1st rd opponent. Winner likely gets top-scoring team next week.

Gordon goes down, with no pts, and David Johnson is having one of his worst games of the season. I am convinced that at this point it becomes about who is the luckiest.
Of course it is...team has been on a roll.

Ware blows...played it safe with Fitz over Adams (1 catch for 1 yard so far).  Feeling ok going against Stewart and Kelley and they both score in the 1st half.  Rivers throwing for all of 43 yards so far.

REminds me of a few years ago in the championship (against this same friend Im playing this week).  I needed like 10 points out of Luck to win.  Game against Dallas where he went negative I think the whole night and got pulled at some point in the 3rd quarter.

Going to need big games out of Forte and Beckham

Playing against a horrible team and of course my team is ####ting the bed. Ben 4 points, Moncrief 0, walker 3. Even David Johnson has 9 only. So sickening

Last edited by a moderator:
David Johnson owner facing Leveon Bell. So much for a dominant regular season and #1 seed (only 4 teams make playoffs, so no bye for me). I really hate this game sometimes  :(

Rushed out to 2nd place and was up there all season to only lose the final 3 and am about to bow out in the first round with Julio out and a grand total of 6 points between Roethlisberger and D. Booker. See ya next year!

well, so much for the most points scored and best record - thanks Moncrief - great flex play today.  Already have put on the blindfold and getting ready to ask for a cigarette.  Looks like I might be swapping Dion Lewis in for Jennings and praying for a miracle.

I'm a Forte owner playing against a LeVeon Bell owner.

Season over.

Getting lucky today.  In 3 leagues:

1) Need to win to make the playoffs. Have LeVeon Bell.

2) First round of playoffs.  I'm sucking, but my opponent is sucking worse.  Atlanta's defense is the only thing I've done right.

3) Have a bye and thank goodness as my score will be one of the lowest of the year.

Jimmy Graham can't do #### in garbage time? 

Benched Sanders for Watkins late. As I was down 28-7 (T. Hill vs. Ware) Thur night.  

Just not my year.  Rodgers dominates 3 Quarters. Seahawks can't keep game close enough. 

####. 

Thought I had the game well in hand, and then the red sea parts and allows Powell to run all over them (yes, my opponent had to start Powell of all people).  Over, and over.  I now get to have the 2nd highest score of the week and lose, for the 5th time this year. Though I guess someone else could still have a monster game tonight or tomorrow, but whatever..

Eff 2016.

Screw you weakling Jimmy Graham. Screw toy Russell Wilson for choosing today to suck.  Screw your Pete Carroll for thinking I may get a garbage TD only for you to take Wilson out. Thank you

Thank goodness for byes. What a ####### disaster of a week. The following players suck - Brees, Ware, Evans, Cooper, Graham. 

At least my one team playing did okay. My two teams in bye scored half their season average.  :X

REminds me of a few years ago in the championship (against this same friend Im playing this week).  I needed like 10 points out of Luck to win.  Game against Dallas where he went negative I think the whole night and got pulled at some point in the 3rd quarter.
I'm not sure I'll ever allow myself to own Luck again after his Week 16 disappearing act in that Dallas game.  He was the top-scoring QB in the league that season and I lost that matchup by a little over 3 points.

As for this week, I'm on pace for my worst week of the season... and yet it might still work out okay as I drew the Julio-Forte owner in the league as my opponent. I'd actually still be projected to lose had I not swapped out Ingram for Coleman minutes before the late games kicked off.  Just need 16.75 points from OBJ and Bailey tonight (0.5 PPR) to win... an output they've exceeded every week this season outside of Week 4 and Week 11.  So naturally they'll find a way to flub that achievement tonight despite both matchups being Top 5 for fantasy output on the year.

This will go down as one of my most painful FF weeks ever.

IN league one, my Evans and Freeman both have their worst games of the year, while my opponent picks up 30 from a friggin DEFENSE! (Atlanta) Will take a monster game from Brady to win

In league 2, suffered from Carr's worst game of the year and one of Ajayi's worst, while facing Leveon Bell and his 50+ (lost by FOUR!)

IN league 3, again suffered the Ajayi let-down while watching Bilal friggin Powell put up 35 points leaving me 50 down with Edelman/Jennings/Witten as a hail mary. (Also my opponents second highest scoring game of the year)

Had a terrific regular season this year, and may have no teams playing next week. :(

This will go down as one of my most painful FF weeks ever.

IN league one, my Evans and Freeman both have their worst games of the year, while my opponent picks up 30 from a friggin DEFENSE! (Atlanta) Will take a monster game from Brady to win

In league 2, suffered from Carr's worst game of the year and one of Ajayi's worst, while facing Leveon Bell and his 50+ (lost by FOUR!)

IN league 3, again suffered the Ajayi let-down while watching Bilal friggin Powell put up 35 points leaving me 50 down with Edelman/Jennings/Witten as a hail mary. (Also my opponents second highest scoring game of the year)

Had a terrific regular season this year, and may have no teams playing next week. :(
Trust in Brady.

Yeah, the Powell thing looks like it stung a lot of people from what is posted here.  Surprised so many people actually had the guy in their lineups.  That should illustrate to people just how dumb it is to play this game if you have any aspirations that you are actually affecting an outcome.  And that's not a dig at anyone.  I was there until this year and I have to say it felt so good today to not be swatting put these playoffs of losing Gordon or playing against some random one week wonder.  I could always come to terms if Aarons Rodgers destroyed me or a guy like bell today.  You tip your hat and go on.  But how does it happen every year that some guy like Bilal Powell shows up (and is actually in some guys lineup.....no not some guy, THE guy you are playing), or all three of your can't miss guys miss all in the same day?  

It's a ridiculous proposition that quite honestly, unless BIG MONEY OR SOMETHING truly important is riding on it, can never justify the time and anguish we put into it over the years.  I don't want to tell other people what to do and say quit but I can tell you I don't think I have ever met a person who quit who did not say A) they never regretted it and B) they don't know why they didn't do so sooner.  

Good luck to all you guys.  I hope you win.  But if you don't, get out this week and donate some toys to some kids or go do something for the homeless or a kids hospital and allow yourself to regain the proper perspective.  Then congrat the winners and be excellent to one another as Joe recommends.  

Cheers all. 

Wife's team lost by .7--this is going to be a long night since she had 3-4 players on her bench that would have overcome that.

Now that I lost hard to not think back 5 weeks ago when I turned that Hopkins for Rodgers trade. I thought Hopkins would turn it around and I was set with my qb Ben. cost me a lot of money. 

Favored by 20 in one league and will lose by 15 - thanks Moncrief, Dunlap and Burfict....but in the other league I got a Christmas miracle - despite being projected to lose by 10 may actually pull it out when my opponent had 0 tds from his offense despite lofty projections.  Got lucky.  Winston, Elliot, Forte, Cooks, Hopkins, Baldwin, Bailey all colluded to suck on the same weekend.  Thank you fantasy gods.  And I will wind up winning despite having the second lowest score of the weekend. 

My main league is a 1 player keeper league, but you can only keep the same player for 2 years... this was my last year with L. Bell so I traded him a few weeks ago... lol, could have used the 50+ points yesterday as my top4 RBS combined for 8.6 points.  Out of the playoffs, see you next year!

Eli, Evans, Reed, San Diego Offense, So much for loading up on great matchups.

Losing Julio and seeing Gordon go down early gave an early indication  of how things were going to go.. now if my opponent didn't get helped enough by my team's terrible performance, he obv started Hilton, Hill, Sanders, Stafford who all came through for him at the same time sigh... down 53:122 after first week of playoffs.  i mean , can it be more done than this ?? so much for being the leading scoring team all season :-/

oof --hangin' on by a thread --  Ware, Rawls, Dez, Brown, Moncrief, Det -- all under-performed or no show-- be lucky to get to next round.

Well my 2016 fantasy season mercifully came to an end in both my redraft and dynasty league. I am disappointed as my dynasty team was the #3 seed and defensive Super Bowl Champion and Big Ben laid an egg for me with 3 picks......my dynamic duo of Big Ben and Antonio Brown fizzled out in week 14 as Levon Bell carried the load.....like really smacked me not once...but twice as in my redrat league I had the pleasure of facing him while my Big 4 of Derrick Carr, Spencer Ware, Dez Bryant and Amari Cooper took a massive dump. And to top it all off as it always comes in threes. My beloved Dolphins lost their starting QB for the season as we are hanging on to playoff hopes by a thread.

Now......we are on to just watching football, and betting games each week.

Good luck to all of you who moved on in the post season!

I'm not sure if I should blame myself, or just blame others.

I benched Sanders for Watkins as I was down 28-7 after TNF.  Ware vs T. Hill - It was my idea as I was down so much.  Some staff here agreed.

However Dez Bryant and Jimmy Graham did me 0 favors.

Now I need points from a kicker tonight to win.  I'm not going to watch.

Got Leveon Belled in both of my playoff matchups.  I would have survived one of them if not for Brees taking a big dump and Gordon getting injured. 

This is the first year in the last 6 that I am not going to win any money in my FF seasonal leagues.  Terrible year.   At least I can go back to watching football the right way....actually rooting for teams!

Users who are viewing this thread