What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

Somehow survived starting Brees and Evans thanks to the ATL D and benching Ingram for Kelley and finally benching Moncrief at just the right time. Also got extremely lucky to face Eli, Forte and Freeman, who managed like 8 points between them. Luck is about 95% of this thing and that's being generous on the percentage.

Had Brees, Freeman and Moncrief 

Would still have won if I had started Chiefs D instead of streaming the Lions. I'm done streaming matchups as they more often then not don't work out. In the NFL any team can look like dog#### at any given time.

My Winston and Julio (sat Julio but R Matthews did nothing) vs his Bell. Goodnight Gracie. Fortunately this league is a 14 week regular season and I already clinched. It cost me a few spots for playoff seeding (and some regular season $ payout) but I'll live to limp to next week.

Other league had Tannyhill in a league where I can start a 2nd QB at flex but had a bye. So, again I'll live to next week but will need to dig into the bench for another option for the final 4 match up.

Bad week but certainly could have been worse.

I was the two-time defending champion. I only needed to win either this week or last week to make the playoffs. I had the third and second-highest point totals respectively these two weeks. BOTH times I faced the highest-scoring team (the first opponent had David Johnson, the second had Le'Veon Bell among others).

Barring a Steve Smith fumble, I'm getting eliminated by a team who got over half his total score from ONE player (guess!)

3rd highest scoring team playing the 3rd lowest scoring team who happened to get into the playoffs because every team they played against scored low points. Of course I lose 85-81

Out of the playoffs because the Jets had to run it on 3rd down in OT inside the 20 when a FG wins it.  Oh, and my opponent just happened to start Powell.  And Gordon couldn't get 4 points before getting hurt.  The list goes on of crazy, random things.  Projected to win by 40?  Right.

Decided to punt on the year, traded ADP for 2 firsts and watched my team streak to a 1-5 start, finished 7-6 and just dropped the highest scoring regular season team in league history to advance to the 'ship.

nothing like playing with the house's money!

Next year my strategy is to pick names out of a hat. I had six players I couldn't decide between and had to choose three of them. The six were Kelley, Adams, Moncrief, Hopkins, Pryor, and Mitchell. The names out of the hat were Kelley, Adams, and Mitchell. I chickened out and started Moncrief over Mitchell and lost by 6.

Into both my semi finals. Think I got pretty lucky this week in my main one starting - Stafford, McCoy, Crowell, Beckham, T Hill, T Gabriel, Eiffert, Prater. Seemed to completely avoid all the carnage and every player put up a good score.

Lost 1 Won1

The league I lost was the #3 seed.   The #5 and #6 seed both won.  And all 4 of us put up horrible weeks 

Yeah the scoring was crazy this week. In one league the scores were 87-81 & 93-91 (the Bell owner had a bye) and in the other league 147-72 and 69-67. Crazy! Scoring is usually in the 100-120 range in both.

Out in 2 of my 3 leagues.

Duds by Rivers, Forte (injury), Fitz did me in (while going against Brady among others). (though, this team was lucky to make the playoffs...went on a roll at the end after losing Allen and Lacy.)

Just not enough out of Fitz, Rawls, and Cairo in another...Zeke, Beckham and Rodgers couldn't pull it all out.  Was fine til the last FG by Tucker last night and lost by 2

Yeah the scoring was crazy this week. In one league the scores were 87-81 & 93-91 (the Bell owner had a bye) and in the other league 147-72 and 69-67. Crazy! Scoring is usually in the 100-120 range in both.
Scoring seemed way down last week in all of my leagues

Top 3 in scoring 2 consecutive years in one league.  Seriously finished in dead ####### last both years.  Absolute bull#### luck.  Been on the worst run ever over last 3 years.  All luck 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brag: I won 10% of the kitty, the $50 "###-kickin bonus", the $50 "single game high score" and the $50 "bounty on the champ" (highest margin of victory over prior year's league champ) which should come out to be worth as much as the LCG loser gets this season.

Vent: for the 2nd time in my fantasy "career" I led the league in scoring but missed the playoffs. And in the worst way imaginable. In week 2 I had a W turn to a .5 point L on a stat change (+2 tkl for my opponent) at 5:00 PM on a Thursday. :doh: In week 13 I lost by .5, because CBS missed a tackle for my team. That left me tied with a divisional opponent who i'd  beaten twice (winning an extra $40 on side bets) headed into week 14.  Derick Brooks and Moncrief injuries combined them for 2 total points and Brees didn't do me any favors with his 2nd straight stinker. So I lost, leaving me tied for the WC with 2 other teams at 8 wins, having lost 2 games by a combined 1 point. :o  

And I had 4 chances to be the wildcard - I win, I'm in. Any of 3 other teams win/lose right, I'm in. All 4 games the teams I needed to win were favorites. Naturally all 4 swing the wrong way. 

This year we voted in a new rule for cross divisional wildcard tiebreakers: if 3 or more teams are tied, and if one team swept all the others H2H, then instead of points being the tiebreaker, the H2H counts. 

That team that I lost to in week 13 by .5? Yeah.....he took the wildcard on that new rule. A rule that he proposed at the draft. And I reluctantly voted for it, and I was the  7th/swing vote. :doh:  

ah well - at least the $ I won paid for both my leagues this year, and I'm the favorite for the "loser bowl" ($75)

because I know you all care. ;)  

looking forward to 2017 already. Good luck to everyone still in the playoffs! 

Lost 7 starters the week before the playoffs in my one remaining idp League.  SEVEN!!!  Sounds like a made up story but it isn't.  Happened to me for many consecutive years now.  All luck guys.  The sooner you realize the easier it becomes,  fellas. 

Might as well start the gripe-fest early.  Graham.  :rant:  Why did I start him?  How does he get TWO targets! I talked myself out of Ertz b/c of matchup and the weather  F me, you big idiot  

Gurley - had no choice here. But still, at halftime I thought he was good for 6-8 points with 42 yards already. Oh no, let's go 5 for negative yards in the second half. 

Might as well start the gripe-fest early.  Graham.  :rant:  Why did I start him?  How does he get TWO targets! I talked myself out of Ertz b/c of matchup and the weather  F me, you big idiot  

Gurley - had no choice here. But still, at halftime I thought he was good for 6-8 points with 42 yards already. Oh no, let's go 5 for negative yards in the second half. 
Can't spell jagoff without a J and a G.  Man that sucked.

Most unusual year for me ever. My 10-4 team missed the playoffs due to points. Beckham's slow start did not help. Yet my 5-6 team makes the playoffs on the account of points 3rd seed. My other 10-4 team looks good this weekend barring injuries that have killed me this year. I am also playing for 1st pick next year in a toilet bowl playoffs.  My other four redraft teams are forgettable for a million reasons. Next year I cut down to 3 re drafts.

I also tried two MFL10 draft only for the first time. In front by 70 in one league so I am hoping for the best. I like these draft and forget leagues. 

Good luck everyone!

In every league I made the playoffs I lost in round 1, including 2 teams with their lowest score of the year.

Man I wish Miami hadn't missed that one extra point. Playing against the Jets DST and they would be in negative points on the night if they had given up 35.

The Jets only scored 13 points yet Powell got 20 against me in one league and Anderson has 15 against me in my other league.

Took Powell out on Thursday night for Rawls, intended to put Powell in over Diggs if no Forte, Forte "active" thus all of Powells 27 points sits wasted on my bench

I started DeMarco Murray and David Johnson.

Their backups have 3 TDs right now to their none.

Joined 2 money leagues this year and got AB in both of them, really was thinking he would have a big week since he hasn't really been himself recently. Will lose in one and only alive in the other because of McCoy

I know it's only the third quarter and all, but David Johnson has the look of a guy that's going to kill a lot of teams hopes this week.

Won the scoring title by more than my weekly average score.

Barring a big 2H from DJ and the NE D, I'm going out thanks to Adams and Watkins both crapping the bed on the same day (and I went back and forth over Watkins vs Tyrell Williams, who's also doing bupkes).

I hate the concussion rule.  there I said it.  Just rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.

Thanks for nothing, Theilen.  I had other options, you know.  I trusted you, and you ####ed me over.

WTF?  My opponent is having one of the worst weeks ever....and it is still a game because my guys are trying to follow suit.  First to 60 will win this thing (and the league average is close to 90).  C'mon Carr, c'mon Thomas - act like you can play the game.

Aww, quit yer whining until you've had to deal with this pain.  I'm not sure why I keep trying - I've been in my main league 28 years now, and it's a tough shark league.  In that league I am far and away the regular season champion, with 19 playoff appearances in those 28 years.  And what do I have to show for it?  A 1st round playoff record of 5-14.  Today's special beatdown led by Brandon Cooks, Ty Montgomery, and Devonta Freeman - it's like it doesn't even matter who I start.

I hate this game.

It doesn't hurt as much when you lose to actual players.  Try losing a playoff game to a team led by Billy Volek
Been there, too.  Waaaay back when this stupid run of 1st round losses started, my opponent benched Dan Marino for....  John F'n Fourcade.  And has been rubbing my nose in it ever since.  Gah.

Won 11 in a row to close the season out and finish first place only to have my lowest point total of the year in the first round of the playoffs.  Same ####, different year.

Been there, too.  Waaaay back when this stupid run of 1st round losses started, my opponent benched Dan Marino for....  John F'n Fourcade.  And has been rubbing my nose in it ever since.  Gah.
I don't know what's worse-having great regular seasons like you have and then flopping or getting upended by the Bilal Powell and Dion Sims and Timmy Hightowers of the world every year.  

So glad I've close that chapter of my life.  I was watching a game today and noticed so many of these "not-typical" guys scoring and even though I'm not playing, my first thought was immediately "boy, I bet somebody is crying that a backup TE scored,etc".  I guess it takes a few years to forget all that stuff and get it out of your system. 

Users who are viewing this thread