What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

Crowing and Venting.

Crow (good news before bad): Thank you Bilal Powell! :thumbup:  Started him over Rawls and the net difference was 21.3 points in a game I won by 12.7 points. I'm #2 in scoring and the #2 seed so I guess I'm right where I'm supposed to be. Championship is going to be difficult facing the #1 team who is loaded.

Vent: No Julio and played against Brees and T. Montgomery. Season over.  :toilet:

Three leagues, two playoff appearances and in one Championship. Can't complain.

For everyone venting, chew on this: two months from now, Michael Floyd may have a super bowl ring.  

If you ever thought there was ever any semblance of logic and skill to football and fake football, there's your proof there is not. 

My guy Larry Fitz is a HOF'er who will be sitting home watching drunk ### Michael.floyd answer media questions before the SB. 

For everyone venting, chew on this: two months from now, Michael Floyd may have a super bowl ring.  

If you ever thought there was ever any semblance of logic and skill to football and fake football, there's your proof there is not. 

My guy Larry Fitz is a HOF'er who will be sitting home watching drunk ### Michael.floyd answer media questions before the SB. 
That's not the proof you think it is. This hobby isn't a single facet result.

Rodgers to Nelson 70+ and counting. Halftime is the eye of a Cat 5...just incredible the Vikings turned into such dog ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Super Bowl opponent's last two pickups were Cameron Meredith and Matt Bryant. I have Demarco. Ugh. Hoping that Tyler Lockett does a good Cooks impression.

Starting Hunter Henry over Clay probably cost me the ship. I had a bad feeling gates was going to be force fed as well.

Good news and bad news:

The good news is that I picked up Thielen in the championship game in my work league.  The bad news is that he scored 44.6 on my bench, I started Hunter Henry over Charles Clay, and I'm likely to lose as a consequence.  Oh, and the Titans lost; Mariota got hurt; and the Browns knocked me out of survivor.  

Merry Christmas!

Debated between Carr and Rodgers all week, eventually decided Vikings would play tough this week.  Boy was I wrong.  Had I started Rodgers I'd already have the championship, now I am relying on Carr - not liking my chances.

Debated between Carr and Rodgers all week, eventually decided Vikings would play tough this week.  Boy was I wrong.  Had I started Rodgers I'd already have the championship, now I am relying on Carr - not liking my chances.
Two TDs thus far.  Could be worse.  You could be Topes.

Two TDs thus far.  Could be worse.  You could be Topes.
True - but a monster day like Rodgers on my bench...in 24 years I have been to the finals 5 times and only won twice.  Of those 3 losses, two of them were games I played the wrong player or players.  Seems like de ja vu all over again.

True - but a monster day like Rodgers on my bench...in 24 years I have been to the finals 5 times and only won twice.  Of those 3 losses, two of them were games I played the wrong player or players.  Seems like de ja vu all over again.
Well you prob should have started Rodgers at home in the championship game.

Thought I made a good win now move by trading for jimmy graham because Olsen was doing horrible and had no upside. Olsen hasn't really been doing that good but still way better then graham has. We have a week 17 championship and I might have to start graham with brate just getting hurt. 

Did a move like this last year as well by trading two young guys for Fitzgerald and he crapped the bed late in the year as well. Guess I'm giving up on trades like this.

My Super Bowl opponent's last two pickups were Cameron Meredith and Matt Bryant. I have Demarco. Ugh. Hoping that Tyler Lockett does a good Cooks impression.
Wow. Horrible news for Lockett. Gotta hate when it's the broken leg down on the field that is short of the end zone. It's hard to think of a worse near-touchdown.

Anyone who got destroyed by Jordy...Zimmer wanted Rhodes to blanket Jordy the whole game but the dbs decided against it. After halftime Vikings coachoes reinstalled the game plan and Rhodes shadowed him rest of game. 145 yds and 2 TDs in 1st half 9 yds in second half. SMH

Well I finally looked at my game. Down 37 with Ben and Antonio vs Pitt DST.  38% chance. That late Jimmy Graham TD really hurt me. He had one catch for 6 yards damn near the whole game too. 

Up against D. Johnson + Baldwin in one final.  Things were going pretty good for most of the day

Jeremy Hill may have cost me the 'ship in a different league.  My other option was Rawls so I was f'ed either way

Lost one championship with Baldwin, Watkins and Tyrod sitting on my bench. Sigh.

I had Jordy in a second one, but everyone else was mediocre and my opponent had Baldwin. Strike two.

Salvaged one title thanks to Kaepernick, David Johnson and Jay Ajayi. (I'm assuming Big Ben and Antonio won't put up 90 combined points tonight).

I won my championship thanks to Alfred Blue, Cameron Meredith and Allen Robinson (who I hadn’t played in a month) I consider this a Christmas Miracle lol!!!!

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!

I went safe and it cost me. If I had swung for the fences and started Ingram and Allen Robinson, I'd probably be good.
Same here...kept swapping back and forth between Rodgers and Carr...ultimately and stupidly, I went with Carr based on (of all stupid things) a slightly higher projection on our website for this week and my thought that Vikings would tee off on Rodgers leading to an injury....well the team that teed off on the QB was the Colts and it cost me 20 points. My only potential salvation is Antonio Brown playing like the player I drafted with the #1 pick.  He has a decent game and the Rodgers decision may not come back to haunt me.  7 for 100 with a td should do it.

+26.5 and done, opp. has Tyreek Hill, Santos and Berry left.  Going to be a nail biter - hoping for a LOW scoring game, but last time these teams met Hill went off for over 20 points.

ETA - a Christmas miracle.  Somehow held on for a 6.5 point win and first title since....2009.  Third title overall, but this one was by far the luckiest.

I am tied for first in my pick'em pool for the year. Winner takes home 1400.

I hate week 17 and guarantee I'll screw it up

1 title game out of 3 leagues...

Was looking grim til the 4th quarter and Bell and Brown explode.  3 champs in a row in that PPR league.  They keep letting me draft Brown.

Other two...unfortunately crapped the bed week 1...looks like I was top scorer now this week and last after losing already in one...the other I don't think I would have gotten past last week anyway.  That one hurt as my team was the top scorer all year until then. 

Made it to the semis in all 3 leagues.  Advanced to two title games and won one.  Should have won the other but I screwed up and benched SD DEF and played DEN.  That's going to leave a bitter taste for a while.

Lost both my title games. One I couldn't do anything about in terms of my lineup. Other league I left a lot of points on my bench. At the same time, the margin of victory will be enough where it wasn't like one player swap would've changed the outcome. So I'm sorta telling myself that there was nothing I could do, even though that's not entirely true.

Won semis and finals in blowouts, thanks mainly to Wilson, McCoy and David Johnson, becoming just the second team to win back-to-back titles in league history. 

I was only in 1 money league this year, and my whole team (sans Jordy) failed to show up in the finals. I was down .4 points with Brown going into the final play. If he gets stuffed and they don't go to OT, I lose 91.02 to 90.96 and cry like a baby. He scored, I win, the Steelers take the North.

Users who are viewing this thread