What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (3 Viewers)

In 2 QB league I switched out Daniel Jones this morning for Drew Lock.  I had been using Jones in these situations ALL year and had been the beneficiary of all his big games and none of his weak ones.  Had these last two weeks circled for Daniel Jones.  Gonna be a long off season unless Drew Lock can do something decent in the second half

Had Latavius Murray going against Brees and Thomas. Catch for a td. Reversed. Latavius gets his one shot to punch it in. Can’t get a yard. Brees to Thomas DAGGER. 18 point swing in a matchup that I’ll likely lose anyways, but that way the turning point.

If I win either or both of my games, tip of the hat to Patrick Peterson for hanging a goose egg on Metcalf. I was facing him in both.

In 1 of my championship I had Barkley and his nice 43 points but made the choice to sit Kupp since his usage has been weird. In his place had Lockett, DJ Moore and Marquise Brown so 4.9 points total compared to kupps 13. Lucky it doesn’t matter anyway with my opponent getting 33 from colts D and 43.9 from Fitzpatrick. So unless butker starts playing WR and him and Mahomes scores 83 points I gotta settle for second.

I won my backyard brawl Devy dynasty league. Took over an oprphaned team about 5 years ago. I drafted.McCaffery,  Elliot, and L Jax, along with an equal amount of busts

Very satisfying win to cap off this journey. 

Lets see if anyone can beat this 2 weeks ago I thought I had lost my playoff game by less than a point.  Checked the league on Thursday to see if stat corrections might have gone my way it still showed me losing.  It seems I checked to early because I ended up winning by less than a point. I didn't realize I had won so I did not submit a lineup. So I checked back last Sunday evening to see how the rest of the playoff teams were doing low and behold I'm still in the playoffs thing is 5 of my players were not playing because of injuries.  If I had started replacements I would have won and advanced to the championship.  Of course I would be winning that game right now if I was in it.  I will be kicking myself all the way to next season for being a dummy and not making sure I was completely out of it.

Lets see if anyone can beat this 2 weeks ago I thought I had lost my playoff game by less than a point.  Checked the league on Thursday to see if stat corrections might have gone my way it still showed me losing.  It seems I checked to early because I ended up winning by less than a point. I didn't realize I had won so I did not submit a lineup. So I checked back last Sunday evening to see how the rest of the playoff teams were doing low and behold I'm still in the playoffs thing is 5 of my players were not playing because of injuries.  If I had started replacements I would have won and advanced to the championship.  Of course I would be winning that game right now if I was in it.  I will be kicking myself all the way to next season for being a dummy and not making sure I was completely out of it.
This is actually a pretty compelling reason to have toilet bowl brackets...

This is actually a pretty compelling reason to have toilet bowl brackets...
We do but because I had made the playoffs I did not qualify for that. So when I thought I had lost I had nothing else to play for. That's why I didn't check back until Sunday night. Really sucks knowing l could have won the Championship especially with all the injuries I had this year.

We do but because I had made the playoffs I did not qualify for that. So when I thought I had lost I had nothing else to play for. That's why I didn't check back until Sunday night. Really sucks knowing l could have won the Championship especially with all the injuries I had this year.
I was thinking that the toilet bowl would have you still setting a lineup in order to compete in it, and thus not missing your playoff lineup...

Am up one with Boone and Bailey still to play.  He has no one left. I could bench both but am more afraid of a Thursday scoring change than of a fumble and exit.  Missed FGs are also negative possibilities.  If I lose this it'll be a collapse for the ages.

• Thinking
Reactions: Neo
Watson and Wilson are My QBs they just got their butts kicked by Fitzpatrick and Dalton in Dynasty 10 team 2 QB final.

Also fails.

I sat Goedert, Ronald Jones....

Started CKirk,  HHenry. Kelce Chubb Hopkins, Perriman, AJBrown, Den D over SF,  Kuechly, Deion Jones, Kelce

I average 270pts a week in our league. #1 I've got 162pts vs 265 so far with Boone, Baily left. I only need 103pts from them to win. Or 300 rush yards 5 rec 50yd 6 TDs from Boone. 6 PAT and 30 and 40 yard FG from Baily. 

Damn it

Anybody ever seen a total points money race come down to 0.34 points??!!!   I just won 2442.92-2442.58 after 16 week.   Never seen anything like that in 20 years of ff.  In fact I thought I lost by .6 but had done my math wrong.  

Anybody ever seen a total points money race come down to 0.34 points??!!!   I just won 2442.92-2442.58 after 16 week.   Never seen anything like that in 20 years of ff.  In fact I thought I lost by .6 but had done my math wrong.  
I'll drink an extra single malt for you.

No really, just drowning my sorrows for bad coaching decisions in my championship

I missed the playoffs 2 years ago by 0.4 points (total points tie breaker)... thanks for reminding me :hot:   ;)  

I picked up Tannehill and Fitzpatrick 4 weeks ago for the playoffs.  Started Tannehill the last 3 weeks and had Fitz in my lineup until this morning.  My opponent had Winston yesterday so I went with the "safer" play in Tennehill figuring they would both be in the 20s with Fitz having the larger variance.  At this point in time Fitzmagic has 4 TD and 38 points while Tannehill has 1 TD and 11 points  :cry:  
Tannehill recovered enough to make this decision palatable and ended up winning the championship!  First time winning back to back championships in all the years I have been playing FF.  I overcame injuries to DJ Moore and Z. Ertz and sweated out the MNF game going against Adams.

:towelwave:

Also, I was :thisclose: to swapping Fitz out for Cousins on Sunday because of rainy/windy weather in Miami. I think I still would have won but it woulda been nerve wracking last night

Dropped Khalil Mack due to low point totals on Sunday at noon.  Picked up Chandler Jones.  Jones had four sacks and 21 points to Mack's 6.5.  Won the championship by 7 points.  

Twenty years and probably 35 ff teams.  In the money a bunch and finished second a handful of times.  Last year I "won" by .5 points, then lost it when a stat correction took a tackle/point away from me during the week.  This was my first championship.  :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost cost myself a title buying into the Boone hype. I dropped Lindsay and picked up Boone mostly to block my opponent from getting him. Then Henry goes from no designation to out in a flash and I was forced to start him. If I'd held onto Lindsay i'd have cruised to an easy win. Thankfully Aaron Jones saved me from myself. I was down 2 and my opponent had Adams going and picking up 10 yards at a time when Jones broke off that 56 yard TD. If he doesn't there is a good chance I lose. I nearly jumped through my ceiling when he turned that corner.😎

Won my 14-team keeper IDP league despite subpar seasons by several guys who were cornerstones of my team (looking at you, OJB, Adam Thielen, David Johnson, and Todd Gurley) and trading away Lamar Jackson early in the season. As usual, I was the top-scoring team for the year (I've been the top scoring team every year for at least 10 years) but it had been 6 years since my last championship. I typically lose in the semis against a team that has their best week of the year with me having the second highest score for the week. Came close to losing in the semis this year but rolled in the championship. 

As I posted on the league page, my team survived my inept roster management this season. Thanks in part to this site, I'm very good at finding talent and stocking my roster, so I always score really well, but I tend to outthink myself in the playoffs. 

I've been on the same league for 15 years. I have had the most top placements (either winning the regular season or making it to the championship) by a healthy margin but I'm actually the only one in the league to have never won the whole thing. I made it to the last game again, and My team this year was not perfect but was feeling good. Then I lost Cook, Ridley to injury, Carson got hurt mid game, Anthony Miller laid a turd. Everything went wrong. 

Happy holidays to all. See you next season

I caught up with my BIL and asked how he did this year (he lost the championship last year to a guy he talked into joInning the league) last minute.

This year, he proceeds to tell me he had the best record (1 loss), most points, etc.  Was loaded and crushed the competition all the way to the title game.

Then got destroyed.

His lineup included Watson, Carson, Metcalf, Ertz, and I can't even remember now (was crying/laughing at this point).  Basically, his entire offense got hurt or laid the ultimate egg in situations where he should have rolled.  

He lost to the 6 seed, but you probably a read y knew that.  A 6 seed that rolled out Fitz magic, Greg Ward, and Breshard Perriman.

You see people, this is the closest thing you "reasonable" people may ever come to being confronted by a religious awakening/sign and responding.  FF is waterboard torture. 

I think my BIL is done. 

Somehow, I managed to lose in my title game with Lamar Jackson AND Saquon Barkley.  They put up a collective 80 points in my Week 16 title match.  Too bad I lost Evans, Ridley, Engram and Henry......I replaced Ridley with Slayton, and Slayton was in and out of the game and didn't record a catch.   Why couldn't Engram get shelved before Week 13?  I could have picked up a TE like Tyler Higbee.

But I still had a chance if Aaron Rodgers (my QB2) could score 13 points.  Couldn't do that.  F'n Aaron Jones.  Also lost in my other league when Jones had that 55 yd TD run.

It was a good year, but the cards just couldn't fall my way.

In 2018, I traded a 2019 1st round draft pick to get the last pick in the first round (1.14) of a Devy depleted draft-took Lamar Jackson.  The Draft pick I gave up, 1.12-Irv Smith Jr. 

Titans run is a great story. Only thing that's bumming me out is my nine-year-old. Had never expressed any interest in fantasy, or football in general, until a few weeks ago. I wanted to encourage him, so I set up a little playoff DFS tournament for family and friends on NFL.com. Rules are you can start anyone you want with no salary restrictions, and for every consecutive week you start a guy you get that multiple on their points.

My son sets his initial lineup for the wildcard round and he has Henry at RB. Then a few hours before kickoff he changes his mind and subs in Ingram instead (it sometimes makes sense to start guys on bye since you immediately get 2x points in the divisional round). If he had just left him in he would be cleaning up in the league right now, and preparing to get 3x points in the championship

No money at stake but I'm worried if he has a bad experience it will sour him on fantasy going forward.

zftcg said:
Titans run is a great story. Only thing that's bumming me out is my nine-year-old. Had never expressed any interest in fantasy, or football in general, until a few weeks ago. I wanted to encourage him, so I set up a little playoff DFS tournament for family and friends on NFL.com. Rules are you can start anyone you want with no salary restrictions, and for every consecutive week you start a guy you get that multiple on their points.

My son sets his initial lineup for the wildcard round and he has Henry at RB. Then a few hours before kickoff he changes his mind and subs in Ingram instead (it sometimes makes sense to start guys on bye since you immediately get 2x points in the divisional round). If he had just left him in he would be cleaning up in the league right now, and preparing to get 3x points in the championship

No money at stake but I'm worried if he has a bad experience it will sour him on fantasy going forward.
Nothing wrong about facing reality early.

Why do these fricken morons keep nominating players they want early in a dynasty auction?  Every single time they are going to go for way above what they should if you nominate them in the first round of bidding. 

Constantly I see these idiots nominating the player they want with their first nomination and then bidding him up to double value. 

Stupid. 

And annoying because often I want that player too :)

An owner offered me a trade for one of my best 2 wrs and the 2nd and 4th pick in the rookie draft. The trade wasn't bad, but I have invested time into the rookies and want those picks. 

I am in a win now window and not really shopping anyone minus a couple guys. 

He came to me

Now hes mad because 

1. I did not send him a counter

2. I am asking too much for my guys

I was quite straight with him, told him it would cost a premium. And that he came to me. 

I don't understand it. "How dare you not counter me a deal giving up your best wr and a top 4 pick or two!"

Joined a dynasty startup for 2020.  Rolling with "Murder Hornets" as my team name.  So I feel well-prepared for my draft.

Joined a dynasty startup for 2020.  Rolling with "Murder Hornets" as my team name.  So I feel well-prepared for my draft.
I don't know what your team pic looks like, but it should be a pic of one of those 2 inch long Asian Japanese Hornets.  One of those damn things can kill 30,000 honey bees in just a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what your team pic looks like, but it should be a pic of one of those 2 inch long Asian Japanese Hornets.  One of those damn things can kill 30,000 honey bees in just a few hours.
Conveniently, all the other teams in the league a named "honeybees"

2020 Redraft IDP complete! 

QB - Watson

RB - Zeke/Sanders (go NFC East!)

WR - Juju/Ridley/Parker

TE - Engram

O-FL - Mostert

K - Succup

LB - T.Edmunds / B.Martinez

DK- K.Clark / J.Houston

DB - K.Moore / K.Joseph

D-FL - KJ Wright

K Succup

BN O- Cohen, Duke Johnson/Pollard/Crowder/Kirk/E.Sanders/Fant/Burrow/TyTaylor/

Feels good. Feels damn good. my IDP bench is thin, but I have a couple younger dudes I like a lot so we'll see what happens. Feels like one of the better offenses I've drafted in a few years though.

Users who are viewing this thread