Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1-5 after my win this week.  I did it!         

Got clever and picked up Nick Folk since he won't have a bye ROS. Probably won't have a job ROS either, but thanks for the -1 you piece of ####.

The commercials between commercials - what the actual F Is the NFL thinking? everyone blaming players taking a knee, or dilution, or a zillion other things.  Between that and the barrage of

Dropped to 0-2 in a league I can’t afford any dumb losses in...mostly because I don’t have a ‘set’ lineup and I am dumb.  Injuries to Golladay, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel has me starting players I eIther don’t trust or would only start on bye weeks...and it’s killing me if I choose wrong.  

For instance, yesterday ... Scotty Miller and Preston Williams made the lineup.   

55 minutes ago, spacepimp said:

Dropped to 0-2 in a league I can’t afford any dumb losses in...mostly because I don’t have a ‘set’ lineup and I am dumb.  Injuries to Golladay, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel has me starting players I eIther don’t trust or would only start on bye weeks...and it’s killing me if I choose wrong.  

For instance, yesterday ... Scotty Miller and Preston Williams made the lineup.   

I was cycling between DJ Moore, Corey Davis and Preston right up to the last minute, mainly due to Moore's bad matchup and lackluster week 1.  Ended up going with Moore

Saturday:

Opened the league (3WR/2RB/1Flex) page to adjust lineup:

Moved Michael Thomas to IR
Moved AJ Brown to IR
Moved TY Hilton from WR3 to WR1
Moved Stefon Diggs from Flex to WR2
Accepted trade - sends Benny Snell & Noah Fant, receives Will Fuller
Moved Will Fuller to WR3
Added Parris Campbell, moved to Flex
Looked disappointingly at RB1 Mixon's production from Thursday
No changes made to RB2 Mostert

Sunday: 

😨😭 😨😭 😨😭 😨😭 😨😭 at least I still have Dak  😨😭 😨😭 😨😭 😨😭 😨😭 

Edited by wlwiles

Thank god it is not my roster - but a guy in our league who had a pretty good draft is now DECIMATED by injuries.

QB - no injuries

RB - Conner and Lindsay

WR - Michael Thomas and Sutton

TE - no injuries

K - Gostkowski

this season is lost before it even started.

1 minute ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Thank god it is not my roster - but a guy in our league who had a pretty good draft is now DECIMATED by injuries.

QB - no injuries

RB - Conner and Lindsay

WR - Michael Thomas and Sutton

TE - no injuries

K - Gostkowski

this season is lost before it even started.

do what now?

Entered this year as the fairly heavy favorite in my dynasty league.  Have now lost my RB1 (CMC), WR1 (Thomas), and WR2 (Sutton) and am staring at an 0-2 start and likely more.   I steamrolled last year and lost the ship by 4 points, so was really looking at going all the way this year.  Going to be a fight to try and make the playoffs now.

pretty much the best week i could have had.  my fantasy team scored the most points this week and sits at 2-0 with most overall points.

and I won my weekly pickems which is instant cash.  ah if only every week could be like this.

• Like 1

Last year I suffered all kinds of injuries early and throughout the season - wound up with my worst record in 25 years in the league and a Cyclone Bowl appearance (two worst teams).  I remember thinking how I would gloat in future years if anyone had as many injuries as my team had because all my league mates refused to trade and there was garbage on the wire.

Flash forward to this year - and every one is getting major injuries except me it seems.  Instead of gloating I actually feel kind of bad for them and might make a few minor trades to help them out.  Oh what a different perspective it is when you are healthy.

3 hours ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Last year I suffered all kinds of injuries early and throughout the season - wound up with my worst record in 25 years in the league and a Cyclone Bowl appearance (two worst teams).  I remember thinking how I would gloat in future years if anyone had as many injuries as my team had because all my league mates refused to trade and there was garbage on the wire.

Flash forward to this year - and every one is getting major injuries except me it seems.  Instead of gloating I actually feel kind of bad for them and might make a few minor trades to help them out.  Oh what a different perspective it is when you are healthy.

Help them out?   No way

• Like 1

So a buddy of mine, owns Brady and Minshew in a highly competitive "standard-ish/but start  THREE WRs" league.

We were talking earlier this week, about how he "was fooled" on Brady, and I pointed out I haven't been a big Brady believer (for fantasy obviously) for the last 3-4 years. He said he was likely going to start Minshew in his place this week because of opponent/defense etc.

Tonight I had him on the phone, and he promptly reminded me of one of the more terrible feelings in all of fantasy football.

Yes indeed he started Minshew on  Thursday night and he essentially had a horrendous night as we all know.

Now, he faces the "slow torturous death" of the entire Friday/Saturday/Sunday knowing he has almost no shot. (He is also missing one key starter whom I forget offhand, and he has to start DAVID JOHNSON in a brutal matchup in Pittsburgh).  He has pretty much written this week off.

That is one of the longest stretches in all of fantasy, having a terrible Thursday night performance by a starting player (or worse multiples) then going the next few days knowing you have almost no shot of overcoming it.

Not so much a gripe or brag, just a shoutout to those that are going through this currently. To make matters worse, this is the ONLY LEAGUE this guy is ever in, so he can't help his sorrows by looking at his other leagues.

Meanwhile, I started JAMES ROBINSON in one league where I need a win (and lost Barkley), and snagged MYLES GASKIN late last week in every league I could as an end of bench stash....... so there's that.

:football:

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie
28 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Picking Mixon was an absolute waste.

They don’t feed him enough. Maybe I’m completely off base - but he is one of those backs that needs a legit 30 touches a game. 

tou would think he could get that instead of the rookie QB throwing 69 times a game 

Spent the last month trying to acquire Elliott in dynasty. Got super close. When that fell through I dealt Singletary + Boyd for Carson, then spent a 2022 3rd on Hyde. Win-now team, I’m going for it! :excited:

I made that deal on Tuesday night. Moss missed Wednesday’s practice. Singletary blows up. Carson hurts his knee. :sadbanana:

So I dealt Boyd+Singletary (and a future 3rd)  for....Carlos Hyde. 
:wall:

• Sad 1

I’m a Bills homer. I know it, my league knows it. I always end up with a Bills player on my team. In my keeper league I had already drafted Russ Wilson and Brady and Allen just keep lasting and lasting and lasting. So even though I never take 3 QBs and almost nobody else takes ever takes more than 2, I took Allen because I just couldn’t handle someone getting such a steal. Everyone gave me a really hard time about it.

Getting the last laugh so far. Wilson and Allen are #1 and #2 so far and it’s not even close. They’re about 25% higher scoring than the #3 QB after this week. No way they keep up the torrid pace, but I’m loving it so far.

• Like 2

Thought I was going to dominate in my keeper league.  My team is a walking MASH unit.

McCaffrey - HAS out at least 3 more weeks

Sutton - ACL out for the year

Lock - Shoulder out at least 3 more weeks

Julio - out today with hamstring

Crowder - out last two weeks with hamstring

Godwin - missed last week with concussion and left today with hamstring

Godaert - ankle likely to miss time

D Jackson left early today (started him due to all my injuries at WR)

It's going to be a long year.

I had a good team before the season started. Well I thought I did. I've lost 

Kittle - out 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee

Bell - out 3-5 weeks with a hamstring

Conner - Ankle missed half a game. 

Diontae Johnson - concussion tbd

Chark - chest/back injury out 1-3 weeks

Byran Edwards - knee tbd

Goedert - high ankle sprain out 3-4 weeks

Hurd - torn acl out for the season

Jarwin - torn acl out for the season

It wouldn't bother me if it hadn't been like this for 4 years straight now. Just gets old. 

0-3 start and last in the league in points scored. 1st in the league in points scored against. 

Edited by Milkman
On 9/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, Ray Barboni said:

They don’t feed him enough. Maybe I’m completely off base - but he is one of those backs that needs a legit 30 touches a game. 

tou would think he could get that instead of the rookie QB throwing 69 times a game 

i dont think the coach is competent. he was hired in 2019 when anyone who knew sean mcvey was getting jobs

• Like 1

In the first 6 rounds of full PPR, I took

•  Mike Thomas   
•  Julio Jones   
•  Chris Godwin    
•  Courtland Sutton 

Good times!   

•  3-17-0 then missed 2 games, more to come 
•  good wk 1, 2-24-0, missed game   
•  GG, concussion, GG, MRI   
•  missed game, 3-66-0, out for year

ETA: mostly late round picks but I've already had 4 players go on IR: Sutton, Coleman, B. Jarwin, P. Campbell. Picked up Jordan Reed for giggles this week and he went on IR, so make it 5 and counting. 

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 1

Have had a rough year with an 0-2 start. before tonight. I just need Lamar to have an average game to win and go to 1-2. With six minutes to go I finally tie my opponent on the TD pass to the tight end. KC milks the clock to 23 seconds. Harbaugh sends in Lamar for the concession kneel down. My tie reverts to a loss on the -1 yard rushing stat. I love this hobby. 

• Sad 1

0-3 even with Mahomes + Reek last night. I briefly took the lead by .18 on Mahomes last TD pass but quickly relinquished it back with the extra point. Ended up losing by 2.60 points with 2 starters giving me zeros because of injuries Sunday. 

My season is effectively over. 

I'm somehow 2-1 in a first-year dynasty where I had Saquon as the #2 pick.  This week, I think all of my players scored below their projections, "led" by Diontae Johnson with 0.9.

My opponent had Lamar Jackson, Aaron Jones, Carson, Calvin Ridley, McLaurin, and Fuller.  The website had me at 2% to win after the early games on Sunday, and 1% going into Sunday night, when I was done and he still had Jones, Jackson, and Jared Cook left to play.

I won 100.80 - 98.75.  Told him he needs to rename his team to the Falcons.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, BobbyLayne said:

In the first 6 rounds of full PPR, I took

•  Mike Thomas   
•  Julio Jones   
•  Chris Godwin    
•  Courtland Sutton 

Good times!   

•  3-17-0 then missed 2 games, more to come 
•  good wk 1, 2-24-0, missed game   
•  GG, concussion, GG, MRI   
•  missed game, 3-66-0, out for year

ETA: mostly late round picks but I've already had 4 players go on IR: Sutton, Coleman, B. Jarwin, P. Campbell. Picked up Jordan Reed for giggles this week and he went on IR, so make it 5 and counting. 

At one point had started Godwin, Thomas, Sutton, Kittle, LeVeon Bell, Goedert, and Philip Lindsay. 😐

• Like 1

I have Boswell as my only kicker in one league. Figured I should grab another just in case the game gets rescheduled.

*looks at waivers* Oh! Stephen Gostkowski's available. He's been great the last couple of weeks

:bag:

Out of draft this team had promise - this week hardly any starters left -

qb - Newton (on IR picked up D Carr)

rb - Mostert, Conner, C Edwards-Helaire, Adrian Peterson, Jeff Wilson (start 2)

wr - Adams, Smith Schuster, Gallup, MVS (start 2)

flex -E Sanders

TE - Henry

K - Tucker

DE - C Jordan

LB - Vander Esch, Schobert (LVE since replace with Micah Kiser - who also got hurt this weekend)

DB - Budda Baker (replaced by Johnathan Abram)

Then my other league lost my first game this week but worse yet lost Ekeler and Chubb my only two decent RBs.  And waiver wire is a waste land.

Umm, first time I can recall ever catching such a break.

3 of 4 matchups were virtually decided.

Going into tonight in my last match/biggest league, I was down 9 points with only TONYAN left to his MATT RYAN. 

:football:

TZM

Lost by 2 with a stinker from Edelman and having to start Malik Taylor with Davante a late inactive

Edit - I previously had Olamide Zaccheaus to slot in for Tyreek or Edelman, in case the KC/NE game was postponed, but I dropped him for Taylor. :wall:

Edited by heckmanm

I'm in a league where I have both David and Diontae Johnson, along with NIck Chubb. After Chubb's injury I picked up D'Ernest Johnson on waivers.

The FBG "Dominator" lineup page uses first initial, so it's advising me to start D. Johnson and D. Johnson, but to sit D. Johnson this week. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm now a member of the Scotty Miller goose egg club.

:wall:

Well apparently tonight was not MILLER TIME.   So I will have to settle for some Mick Ultras instead.

TZM

Back in September, I was trying to decide on whether to put a blind bid on Claypool or Van Jefferson.  Went with Jefferson because I already had Diontae.

Changed my mind and tried to go grab him a day or so later, but somebody else scooped him up  on FCFS after waivers had run.

because goff doesn't do well against pressure and wet conditions 30 minutes prior to kickoff i dropped him for danny dimes. because you know he's capable of big games and dallas D stinks.... well Goff outscored dimes by 20 pts. for me it will be the difference between a W and a L. and i'm left thinking what the hell was i thinking