What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

Benched ADP for Mike Davis ~2 minutes before kickoff.

Now 12 points up but opponent has Najee Harris. Would have been nice for it to be more like 19 points up

Conner pulls off the game of his life, and it's all for naught because my QB is Josh Allen and he couldn't even muster one TD.  Lost by 2.5 pts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes.....it's just not your year.  Should have had two easy wins in my main league, where we play doubleheaders.

But my team had Darrell Henderson, Tyreek Hill, Mike Williams, AJ Brown, and Mark Andrews....and they scored 33 total points.  And I lost both even though my opponents had subpar weeks.

I've never posted here, (at least that I can remember) so bear with me as I vent.  In my main league  I've made the playoffs 15 of 17 years, won the division more anyone else, been to the finals 5 times while only winning once.   Bad luck in the playoffs, okay, sure but this year has been un-effing believable.  In an auction, I ended up with (based on ECR) RB1, TE2, WR5, WR7, WR8, WR9 (start 1RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE), I was going to stream QBs.  FBG Rate my team said with average management, I was a "virtual lock" to make to make the playoffs.  I sit at 2 - 8, last place.  All TEN WEEKS my team has scored significantly less than the site has predicted.  The odds of that are 1 in 1024 (assuming no bias).

Pred    Actual

Wk 1 138       93

Wk 2 135       122

Wk 3 134       93

Wk 4 130       113

Wk 5 133       105

Wk 6 117        92

Wk 7 114        97

Wk 8 115        88

Wk 9 117        76

Wk10 127     105 - Update

Total 1260    984

I'm done, thanks for you time...

All of these guys on one dynasty team as key starters in a superflex league for a team that is somehow still in 3rd place right now but I know will catch up with me before long:

QB - Deshaun Watson
RB - Cam Akers
WR - Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods
TE - Robert Tonyan

This week I also have key defenders, Antonio Brown, and Chase Claypool out. For a lot of the season I've also had CMC out. Looks like I'm starting my backup's backups and somehow still finding ways to win with depth, but sheesh what could have been.  :sadbanana:

I have never had a worse PickEm week than this one. Ever. I am about to go 2-12. Dead last for the week. November makes no ####### sense for the NFL week to week. I'm picking teams out of hat next week. 

Stacked team. Basically knocked out of the playoffs because 3 weeks ago I traded for Stafford in case Murray gets hurt. 1-7 last 8 weeks. 

Have lost three games by less than 10 points, and all came on MNF. Decided not to watch yesterday - was leading by 4.16 and my opponent had Gay (Rams K.)

Woke up to a 0.16 win.

Having lost by 0.14 Week 1 - bc a Raiders holding call in the RZ have Waller another 10 yards + bonus for 100 - don’t feel bad at all.

G. Edwards, King Henry, Sanders, J Williams, C Patt, and Penny, have all been part of my RB roster at some point this year.

I'm now down to Howard and Collins as my starters. Might pick up Foreman since I believe he'll be taking over soon. What a season it has been, and funny enough, I sit tied for 5th overall, and the highest scoring team in the league. Have to love the luck train called FF.

Picked up Koo from ATL to cover Zuerlein going on the COVID list.  I missed that he got activated yesterday, so I got a fat NEGATIVE 1 from Koo last night. 

AND I had to drop someone else to activate Zuerlein today, because our league rules won't let you submit a lineup if you have someone on IR that isn't on NFL IR (or COVID).

Well............... today in one lineup I had Myles Gaskin, and Davante Adams , and most of the rest of my lineup totally tanked.

Looked over and noticed I was getting JONATHAN TAYLOR-ED .  In that league with our robust scoring (.25 ppr, .25 PER CARRY, .25 per completion for QBs) Taylor got my opponent a smooth 59.15 alone.

With the rest of my lineup tanking, barring 3 late players, I figured I was shot and looking for next week.

My late 3 players?  Chris Godwin, and JUSTIN HERBERT  and AUSTIN EKELER.    They saved my ### tonight, in 2 leagues, and I'm now 8-3 and a lock for the playoffs in 3 of 4 redraft leagues.

<lets not talk about my 4th league>     :wall:

TZM

One of those years. Tons of injuries.  I was going to finally quit last season but won the league. This year I'll finally retire from my last dynasty league. 

It seems there is no way to insert images but I will put it down as venting that I see Dallas scored a return touchdown that scored me exactly the same points as my opponents Pollard scored on the other end so nothing happened

Always nice when my borderline contending team implodes the week after the trade deadline. Stole a win last week and decided not to sell off.

Now CMC seen in a boot and Deebo hurt. And was Waller hurt late or am I misremembering?

Played Tony Jones Jr because Elijah Mitchell was questionable. Losing to the worst team in the league, the one that has only set his lineup 4 times this year. I needed to win out and had three winnable matchups. FML.

Now out out of playoffs so I guess losing CMC means little to me now. 

Always nice when my borderline contending team implodes the week after the trade deadline. Stole a win last week and decided not to sell off.

Now CMC seen in a boot and Deebo hurt. And was Waller hurt late or am I misremembering?
Well, CMC going back on IR so at least this will help with the draft position next year.

In first place still but no idea how. I'm officially the walking wounded in my superflex dynasty league:

QB = Rodgers (still playing but toe surgery?), Watson (ugh)
RB = CMC (well it was fun....), Cam Akers (can he come back sooner?)
WR = Calvin Ridley (get better man), Robert Woods (take my ACL), Antonio Brown (walking boots back onto the field plz)
TE = Robert Tonyan (I have two ACLs....)

I really don't know how I'm in first place, but now losing CMC, it won't be long before the big fall. There's no way and all it's doing is killing my draft position now.

I've always believed fantasy football was 50% skill and 50% luck. This year, I think its about 90% luck and 10% skill. Its attrition that wins and nothing else this season. 

I've been leaning towards it for a couple years, but now more than ever, I'm starting to think DFS is really the most fun and skillful version of FF. Its just so crazy frustrating to have a great draft, amass an elite team via trades and waivers, make close to zero mistakes, and basically have a .500 team because you have like 1 guy who stayed healthy(thanks Mike Evans!)

I've always believed fantasy football was 50% skill and 50% luck. This year, I think its about 90% luck and 10% skill. Its attrition that wins and nothing else this season. 

I've been leaning towards it for a couple years, but now more than ever, I'm starting to think DFS is really the most fun and skillful version of FF. Its just so crazy frustrating to have a great draft, amass an elite team via trades and waivers, make close to zero mistakes, and basically have a .500 team because you have like 1 guy who stayed healthy(thanks Mike Evans!)
you bench Mixon? ;)

Oh just chillin setting my week 10 lineup in my dynasty league where i've built a juggernaut...

12 team Superflex with .25 point per carry so stud RBs matter:

Lamar
Stafford
Jacobs
Mixon
Diontae
Sutton
Boyd
Shenault
Gabriel Davis
T Sweeney

My bench...just look at how insane this team was...
Derrick Henry
CMC💀
Saquon💀
Akers💀
Ridley💀
Fuller💀
Golladay💀
Shepard💀
Tonyan💀

DK Metcalf - BYE
T McLaurin - BYE
Hockenson - BYE
Seals-Jones - BYE

I'm done. I'm quitting all fantasy after this year. Eff this. The team that gets lucky and doesn't get injuries is the team that wins.
Update...CMC out,DK Metcalf a ghost...two VPs away from missing the playoffs.

Maybe it’s just this year but I feel like best ball is more likely to reward those who put the work in. My 4 game losing streak involves 3 weeks I would have won if not for playing the wrong guys. How do you keep managers interested without h2h weekly? I still like the idea of adding, dropping, trading. Half ppr, 3 rb, 4 wr,  1 te premium, 2 qbs, 20 roster spot plus 2 ir. That sounds like fun. Maybe convert a a couple to flex spots. 

Maybe it’s just this year but I feel like best ball is more likely to reward those who put the work in. My 4 game losing streak involves 3 weeks I would have won if not for playing the wrong guys. How do you keep managers interested without h2h weekly? I still like the idea of adding, dropping, trading. Half ppr, 3 rb, 4 wr,  1 te premium, 2 qbs, 20 roster spot plus 2 ir. That sounds like fun. Maybe convert a a couple to flex spots. 
Count me in for best ball in the future.  I'm sitting on Dak and Herbert in a 1QB league and so far I've started the correct one 3 times all year, and it's cost me 4 wins so far.  Every time I lose it's by 4-8 pts, and I can stare at the extra 12 sitting on my bench laughing at me.  Clawing for a wild card spot tied for 7th, when I could be 2nd and about to get a bye. 

Mixon was the only starter in my week 1 line up to not get injured and miss multiple games or out for the year.  Unreal.

QB Murray

RB Kamara, Mixon, Edmonds, Carter

WR Woods, Shenault

TE Waller

Ugh

Hoo boy. This might not seem like a big deal, but I'm about to be fourth or fifth in points scored in one league while having a head-to-head that leaves me firmly in tenth or eleventh place. 

That's no bueno. Teams are averaging a sick amount of points against my team. It's insane how it's happening, but it is. It doesn't sound like a great disparity, but no way a team close to fourth in the league should be 3-9 and staring at 3-10. I have the league winner or close to it darn near every week. 

And you can't win with Terry McLaurin having the year he's having. All the announcers do is laud Heinicke. WFT is playing on a football field that spans maybe twenty yards. 

He's not a professional quarterback, and it's frustrating to watch and listen to the announcers praise his game when he's an obvious liability to anybody that truly follows the sport. 

#### this. This blows. 

:ptts:

Hoo boy. This might not seem like a big deal, but I'm about to be fourth or fifth in points scored in one league while having a head-to-head that leaves me firmly in tenth or eleventh place. 

That's no bueno. Teams are averaging a sick amount of points against my team. It's insane how it's happening, but it is. It doesn't sound like a great disparity, but no way a team close to fourth in the league should be 3-9 and staring at 3-10. I have the league winner or close to it darn near every week. 

And you can't win with Terry McLaurin having the year he's having. All the announcers do is laud Heinicke. WFT is playing on a football field that spans maybe twenty yards. 

He's not a professional quarterback, and it's frustrating to watch and listen to the announcers praise his game when he's an obvious liability to anybody that truly follows the sport. 

#### this. This blows. 

:ptts:
Had Heiny too. POS got 18, lost by 1 point. 

Went up against Brady and the Colts =73 points against me. 6-7, need a win next week and some luck!

Every damn week I get slammed with at least one injury. This week, I lost 3 starters, 2 on their first drive, so my fate was sealed in the early window of games. Not one player on my current roster hasn't missed time this year. So incredibly frustrating but I know many of us are in the same boat.

Every damn week I get slammed with at least one injury. This week, I lost 3 starters, 2 on their first drive, so my fate was sealed in the early window of games. Not one player on my current roster hasn't missed time this year. So incredibly frustrating but I know many of us are in the same boat.
Agree 100%. 

One league I had McCaffrey and Ridley

Another league I had Henry, Ridley and Wilson. 

Short bench doesn't help.

Tough playing the waiver wire.

Despite that I could make the playoffs in both with a win next week. 

Good luck to you!

Prior to the season in my contract league, I could only keep 2 out of Goff, Conner and Hunter Henry due to contract rules.  Decided to drop Conner and keep Goff because:

• It's a 16 team league and QBs can be scarce (my other keeper QB was Tua)
  • I thought I was in decent shape at RB with CMC and Atlanta starting RB Mike Davis!
  • Conner had injury issues last year and was going to be in a RBBC with Edmonds, unlike Atlanta starting RB Mike Davis!
:bag:

ETA - my entire RB stable this week scored ZERO POINTS

My main/favorite league has been a tough road this season.

Ridley out to focus on his mental health.

Lost Barkley, Montgomery and CEH all in week 5.  Been grinding with Eli Mitchell/Herbert/Ingram and Adrian Peterson.

Somehow came out on the other side in decent shape.  Currently in 2nd and on pace to beat 1st place this week to take over 1st.  Top 2 seeds get a 1st round bye in the playoffs. 

Last year, I was in trouble to make the playoffs, and Tyreek Hill saved my season with a 13 catch 270 yd, 3 TD game.  I ended up going to the title game (but lost)

What a difference a year makes.  I am in trouble again to make the playoffs and Hill comes up small.  Not sure what is wrong with KC this year, their offense sucks.

On the good side, my other league, I played the best team this week and absolutely killed him.  Lineup of Prescott, Montgomery, Mattison, Godwin, T Higgins, Gallup, Gronk, Stafford, D Freeman, Boswell and DAL D.  Put up 224 in a PPR league.  Lost CMC and Dalvin Cook in that league and thought I was DOA for the playoffs.  Now I may actually have a shot at the title.

Last year, I was in trouble to make the playoffs, and Tyreek Hill saved my season with a 13 catch 270 yd, 3 TD game.  I ended up going to the title game (but lost)

What a difference a year makes.  I am in trouble again to make the playoffs and Hill comes up small.  Not sure what is wrong with KC this year, their offense sucks.

On the good side, my other league, I played the best team this week and absolutely killed him.  Lineup of Prescott, Montgomery, Mattison, Godwin, T Higgins, Gallup, Gronk, Stafford, D Freeman, Boswell and DAL D.  Put up 224 in a PPR league.  Lost CMC and Dalvin Cook in that league and thought I was DOA for the playoffs.  Now I may actually have a shot at the title.
I lost the championship last year by 12 points…amazing considering he had Kamaras 6 TDs

Four losses this week:

198.90-190.26

127.14-121.28

226.62-222.56

181.29-180.88

Fun hobby.

Looking back, that third score was actually 226.75 - 225.57 after scoring adjustments.

In that same league, this week I lost 201.95 - 201.42.

Fun hobby! 😡
Same league...just lost 270.83 - 270.65.

After some scoring adjustments above...that's three losses by a total of 2.77 points.

Had three of my four leagues won before MNF but the last one was looking like a real long shot after I got Kittled, was a touch worried leading by 18 facing Jones/Bourne/Moss in PPR, didn't really need to be

Cook possibly back early making Mattison useless.  Pollard now iffy and useless as long as Zeke keeps gutting thru injuries.  Eli Mitchell now with a concussion and knee issue.  My whole bench is Questionable or 2nd fiddle.  Barkley, Mitchell, Pollard, Mattison, Javonte, Higgins (to flex if I cant play the others).

Yippee.

Users who are viewing this thread