What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

Up by nearly 20 going into the late afternoon games by about 20 points, with his David Johnson going against my AJ Green left to play.

DJ hangs a ridiculous point total early, and now I'm headed into Monday night with AJ facing a 20 point deficit. 

AJ is good, but can't expect him to be that good. Needed this win to stay in the playoff hunt in a tightly packed standing; doubtful that's going to happen. 

Up by nearly 20 going into the late afternoon games by about 20 points, with his David Johnson going against my AJ Green left to play.

DJ hangs a ridiculous point total early, and now I'm headed into Monday night with AJ facing a 20 point deficit. 

AJ is good, but can't expect him to be that good. Needed this win to stay in the playoff hunt in a tightly packed standing; doubtful that's going to happen. 
After all that? Lost by 0.08.

Weathered the horrible decision to sit Davante Adams--a guy whose been productive for a month--for erratic Travis Kelce. Won by 7 thanks to Eli and Eifert. 7-3, and sniffing the aroma of playoffs in the distance.

After all that? Lost by 0.08.
Keep your chin up brother.............

Losing the close ones always sucks. I lost 3/4 leagues this week. One I was fairly certain I was going to lose, but the other two came down to Monday night and I lost them both by less than 4 points.

Unfortunately in one I had to rely on Andy Dalton, and I have only ever started him 2-3 times over the years, and it never ended well. Primetime Andy is pretty much like Primetime Eli which generally means you want to avoid it.

I have seen some absolutely abysmal Monday night and Thursday night performances by them both. (in fact I never want to own either if I can help it, I would run out Tyrod in a heartbeat over them both generally)

Anyway, Eli actually had a decent game last night for a primetime game, all things considered. Had he not thrown those INTs he would have had a great game fantasy wise. But when you start Eli, you know its like Bortles a few picks are coming also. 

Just give yourself a chance to make the playoffs , thats all you can do.

I'm lucky in that I am close in every leagues I am in, and  realistically I should make the playoffs in a couple, and have a shot at all four. I am no worse than 6-4 anywhere, and I am the points leader in each so I will win all tie breakers in those leagues. I can't complain.......YET that is anyway.

Funny,...... the one team I thought was far and away the best is turning out to be the one I'm most worried about. In that league I have David Johnson and DeMarco Murray as my 2 starting RBs, but my wide outs are just atrocious. (we start 3, I have Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb and Amari Cooper)

I made two trades early on, one for Allen Robinson after week 1.  :wall:

Another for Brandon Marshall when Decker got gimpy.                   :wall:

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
I scored 2nd most points and lost by 0.2. Lutz had that final XP blocked which would have won it for me by 0.8. 

TZMarkie said:
 Just give yourself a chance to make the playoffs , thats all you can do.
Thanks for the pep talk, @TZMarkie -- indeed, there is still much about this sport that comes down to pure luck,. In this case, was battling the first-place team in a 14-team league where I sit at #4. He only has 1 loss on the season, while there is not much of a gap between teams 3 through 7 in terms of records. 

If I won, would have prevented him from clinching the playoffs this week, and would have gained me some crucial separation to help cement a playoff spot that much more.

Each W/L becomes more meaningful in Weeks 9 through 13, so this one hurt. But you're right, just have to focus on winning.

Still - 0.04 points? Forget about AJ green getting one more catch during the game -- that's like less than a half yard gained on the catches he did have that made a difference. Least I've ever lost by. Stings.

Ugh.  Lost by 2 points.  the last coming on that shepard td last night.  my team did well 3Rd highest score this week.  if benjamin didn't fumble i would have won.  my opponent picked up houston def on sunday morning as well.  damn you bortles and your pick sixes.

It's all luck

Thursday night football.

Must win game.  Benjamin and ingram for me.  both get hurt and miss time.  yeah.  I'm pissed.  that's why I'm cave man typing

I must be running for president of the Slow Learners Club. Every week I put Cam into my lineup, every week Mariota makes me regret it.

ENOUGH WITH THE GOSHDARNED THURSDAY NIGHT GAMES ALREADY!!

THEY TOTALLY SCREW UP TRANSACTION POLICIES, ,DEADLINES AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING.

JUST START THE WEEK ON SUNDAY ALREADY !!!

Well...just realized in both leagues I am facing the Brady/Edelman stack.  Picked a bad week to face that stack...not once but twice.

Green this week?

Blount against me last week?

L. Murray against me 2 weeks ago?

Carr Three weeks ago?

You see see how cruel the fantasy Gods can be ???

My team today:

*Lost AJ for the season

*Lost Zach Miller for the season

*Lost Gio Bernard for the season 

*McCoy and Sproles left the game early just to add insult to injury. 

Started 7-0 and will be 7-3 now after Zeke, Dez, T Williams, and Delanie spanked my bootay.

Good times!
7-4 now, losing to one of the worst teams in the league.  I scored my worst totals of the season, and he had his highest.  I was favored by 40 and he won by 60.

Thinking about selling the farm for draft picks at this point.

Luck and Kessler as my only QBs in a superflex :X

Fortunately, McCown and Tolzien are both on the WW :X :X

Just sent a last minute trade offer to the Alex Smith owner :bag:

24th season, worst year ever. I don't know if Hopkins/Ingram are the worst two picks I've ever made but nothing hit on the WW either. 3-8, have lost four straight & thankful I only have two weeks left.

Finished last year with 9 straight wins & my second title in three years.

:shrug:

So I wake up to see see Eric Ebron gave all of us happy owners a Thanksgiving gift of an egg.

We don't eat eggs on Thanksgiving.

Well I only started him in 3/4 leagues. :wall:     I only really had a choice of him and Gates in one league where I chose Ebron. The other leagues it wasn't like I had better alternatives anyway.

I hope Gates goes off for 27 catches and 15 TDs Sunday now....just for kicks.

TZM

Thanksgiving has traditionally sucked for my fantasy teams - but THIS year, in a game to clinch #1 seed for the playoffs, have started off strong with Prescott, Antonio Brown, Jordan Reed, and Thielen (well he at least outscored his projection at flex).  There, that should have jinxed the remainder of my players.

The Good:  Rolling out Bell, Antonio, and Reed against my closest division rival.

The Bad:  Clinched the top seed last week, all this production ends up being meaningless.

Hope they can give me a repeat performance in the playoffs...

I love Thanksgiving with family. I love football watching all day. Watching my WR1 wearing a pink girdle in the sidelines during the night game is agonizing 

Thought I had an easy road to clinching my division this week, but my opponent rolled out Jordan Reed.  He darn near scored as many points as my Big Ben / Le'Veon duo combined.  Gonna be a close one.

Pretty good start in all 4 of my leagues.

have brown in two of them, reed and zeke in another and monecrief and Leveon in the last

Good ranking on Mike Adams 10th DB and scores a big fat 0 thank you!  I didn't want to go with him but my teammate seen these rankings and said we have to go with Adams he is ranked 10th!!!!!!! 

Going against Tucker and Reed this week really sucks, they're going to clear 40 between them   :wall:

But having Brees, Brown and Evans kinda makes up for it  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped Tucker for Bryant. The 11 point difference will likely cause me the game me and possibly a playoff spot.

I thought I was looking good with Ben, Olsen, Julio, and Cooks.  Now I need a Christmas Smallwood miracle.

Benched newton and kaep for Wilson

Benched asiata, mckinnon, booker, freeman for Kelly and gore.

Brate td called back 

Vinatieri 

The week to week inconsistencies are killing me btwn cam and Wilson at qb.  I'd have been better off dropping both and starting kaep since he took over

Ginn on my bench of course with 40, while Cooks and Julion combine for a half dozen.  Grr..  

Users who are viewing this thread