What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (2 Viewers)

Here ya go.  This is probably what people do not want to see on social media from their starting quarterback.

Sorry is this is a Honda but I did not see this so I'm assuming this fell through the cracks on this board.

Go to the link to see the video.

South Florida native Lamar Jackson records Instagram video of himself driving 105 MPH

South Florida native Lamar Jackson, who is a quarterback with the Baltimore Ravens, recorded a video of himself driving 105 MPH and, apparently, without a seat belt, according to TMZ Sports.

The outlet reported Jackson, who starred at Boynton Beach High and the University of Louisville, posted the video to his Instagram story on Tuesday before later deleting it.

In the first part of the 42-second video, the seat belt light clicks on in his car and then around the 25-second mark, the outlet highlights his speedometer reading 105 miles per hour.

The clip can be seen below:

Expecting big things this year for fantasy. I love running fantasy QBs. So many built in points and they do it themselves. Plus he should improve as a passer from his rookie year. In one league, I’m planning on streaming him with Josh Allen. Should be fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
General manager Eric DeCosta said earlier this week that he didn't see free agency as a way to help the Ravens at wide receiver this year. He believes the best way is the draft, but Baltimore currently has just one of the first 84 picks this year.

Harbaugh agreed that the transition for wide receivers from college to the NFL is a difficult one because of the nuances of running routes and the difficulty to get open against more talented cornerbacks. But ...

"There’s always a rookie or two every year that proves it wrong," Harbaugh said. "I think hopefully we’ll get that rookie."
The Ravens have only 1 of the top 84 picks and haven't been successful finding a WR in FA.

DeCosta and Harbs seem to indicate they're going to be taking a WR in the draft to fill a big blocking WR who they hope can do more which narrows that first round pick to WR.

I feel like they would have to get a WR in the draft. From the quotes above, it doesn't seem as though free agents want to go there so they will have to draft someone who doesn't really have a choice but to go.

Marquise Brown and Miles Boykin - First and third round picks.  Jackson owners have to be loving this. I dont see a quality front office using 2 premium picks on WRs so that they can run the ball 65% of the time.  They clearly believe that they can put together a passing game.  If this guy takes a step forward with his passing, he could become an incredible asset, and one that I think you can get at deflated values right now.  I am buying.

Its highly likely I am in the minority, but it would take an early 2 for me to even consider parting with him in my 1 QB league where I own him.  His upside is too immense for me to take less than that.  I feel like a lot of people are discounting him  based upon last season when he was a 21 year old developmental rookie and took over an offense that wasnt his.  Very excited to see what he does this year.  I do trust the Ravens front office more than I do others, and that is definitely a part of my optimism.

Its highly likely I am in the minority, but it would take an early 2 for me to even consider parting with him in my 1 QB league where I own him.  His upside is too immense for me to take less than that.  I feel like a lot of people are discounting him  based upon last season when he was a 21 year old developmental rookie and took over an offense that wasnt his.  Very excited to see what he does this year.  I do trust the Ravens front office more than I do others, and that is definitely a part of my optimism.
I agree. I'll hold and see how things play out. His upside is huge. I probably wouldn't even take an early second for him, and I have Rodgers in front of him on my team.

Lamar Jackson admitted he's still having issues with throwing the football consistently.

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley noted "several" of Jackson's passes "wobbled through the air" at the first week of OTAs. And Jackson agreed that things just aren't right yet from an accuracy standpoint. "It's been crazy. It's been everywhere," Jackson said of his throws. "I feel like my hand is a little too high on the football and that makes the ball go out of whack a lot." The Ravens are changing up their whole offense under new OC Greg Roman, and at the same time, Jackson is obviously trying to fix his mechanics to become a better passer in a passing league. It's going to be a work in progress and something that may truly never get totally fixed.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

May 24, 2019, 9:36 AM ET

kutta said:
I agree. I'll hold and see how things play out. His upside is huge. I probably wouldn't even take an early second for him, and I have Rodgers in front of him on my team.
I believe Kyler Murray lasts to about the range of pick you describe (early 2nd late 1st) would you rather have Murray than Jackson?

This draft has a lot of WR but I am not seeing fantasy teams missing out on much by taking a potentially elite performer at the QB position.

I believe Kyler Murray lasts to about the range of pick you describe (early 2nd late 1st) would you rather have Murray than Jackson?

This draft has a lot of WR but I am not seeing fantasy teams missing out on much by taking a potentially elite performer at the QB position.
I do think I’d rather have Murray, and if given that specific opportunity would pull the trigger.

hispeedthinmint said:
What is Jackson's dynasty value these days?
There are 6 rookies this year I would take over him, so any pick would have to be OTC with one of those guys available.  Jackson has a chance to be an elite fantasy asset with his legs.  His floor rushing is probably 100 fantasy points (500/8) and that leaves a lot of leeway for him to be bad at passing and still end up a QB1.  Case Keenum scored 253 last year, so if he's Keenum with 100 rushing points the puts him at QB8.  Imagine if he just gets to Eli Manning (283) and/or they really drive his rushing abilities home.  400 points is easily within realistic range.  A 2020 1st gets me off that lottery ticket, but probably nothing less.

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti said Lamar Jackson "won’t be running 20 times a game."

"I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised that Lamar is not going to be running 20 times a game," Bisciotti told season ticket holders on a call Wednesday night. "That’s not what this offense is about." Jackson averaged a lethal 17 carries in his seven starts to close the year, but the Ravens' owner clearly has a different offensive blueprint in mind following the selections of athletic speedsters Marquise Brown, Miles Boykin, and Justice Hill in this year's draft. Baltimore's play-calling in preseason contests could be telling to how the team chooses to utilize Jackson and the pieces surrounding him moving forward.

SOURCE: ESPN

May 30, 2019, 7:22 AM ET

There are 6 rookies this year I would take over him, so any pick would have to be OTC with one of those guys available.  Jackson has a chance to be an elite fantasy asset with his legs.  His floor rushing is probably 100 fantasy points (500/8) and that leaves a lot of leeway for him to be bad at passing and still end up a QB1.  Case Keenum scored 253 last year, so if he's Keenum with 100 rushing points the puts him at QB8.  Imagine if he just gets to Eli Manning (283) and/or they really drive his rushing abilities home.  400 points is easily within realistic range.  A 2020 1st gets me off that lottery ticket, but probably nothing less.
The issue is that QBs who are bad at passing tend not to start for long. Sure, he has tons of upside, but in order to get there he needs to get much better at throwing the football or else he'll be the next Tyrod Taylor. 400 fantasy points is a pipe dream IMO.

That blows me away.  No one bothered to tell him.

Ravens owner: QB Jackson will run less in 2019

Ravens owner: QB Jackson will run less in 2019

...Last season, Jackson set the NFL record for quarterbacks by running 147 times, surpassing Bobby Douglass (who had 141 in 1972).

...averaged 17 carries per game.
New offense, owner says they will run Lamar Jackson less, they draft a joystick type of WR in the first round and get a former 1st round RB in FA.  

We'll see but I don't think they can make Jackson a pocket QB by forcing him to not run as much.

Not sure about this and don't like they didn't bother to tell Lamar they were installing a new offense.  

Maybe they thought he would have figured it out for himself by their moves but still odd they did not tell him.

If you’re a HC or OC and you put in a new offense, isn’t your first step right after assembling the playbook to immediately overnight a copy to your starting QB?
:tfp:

And I got grief for suggesting in the "worst team in the league" thread that the Lamar Jackson experiment would be a complete disaster this year 

:tfp:

And I got grief for suggesting in the "worst team in the league" thread that the Lamar Jackson experiment would be a complete disaster this year 
As you should have. The Ravens defense alone should be good enough to keep them well away from that conversation. Regardless of Lamar.

Maybe they thought he would have figured it out for himself by their moves but still odd they did not tell him.

If you’re a HC or OC and you put in a new offense, isn’t your first step right after assembling the playbook to immediately overnight a copy to your starting QB?
That wasn't a playbook Lamar got, it was just a bunch of Xs and Os with some arrows.

Cobbler1 said:
As you should have. The Ravens defense alone should be good enough to keep them well away from that conversation. Regardless of Lamar.
I disagree. I forget what I had the ravens finishing this year, I'll have to go find it somewhere. went through every teams schedule. ravens dont have it too easy

however even if the defense wi s them a few games it doesnt mean the Jackson experiment isn't a failure

I disagree. I forget what I had the ravens finishing this year, I'll have to go find it somewhere. went through every teams schedule. ravens dont have it too easy

however even if the defense wi s them a few games it doesnt mean the Jackson experiment isn't a failure
Average ish schedule. Tough trips to KC and LA but get the Pats and Texans in Bmore. And Cincy twice, Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, NYJ. Right if the defense does win them a few games it doesn’t say anything about Lamar but it does make your post putting the Ravens among the worst teams in the NFL laughable.

Average ish schedule. Tough trips to KC and LA but get the Pats and Texans in Bmore. And Cincy twice, Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, NYJ. Right if the defense does win them a few games it doesn’t say anything about Lamar but it does make your post putting the Ravens among the worst teams in the NFL laughable.
I disagree with laughable. I dont think Baltimore is one of the worst teams in the NFL but I do believe they will.finish as one of the worst records. So we disagree. 

I disagree with laughable. I dont think Baltimore is one of the worst teams in the NFL but I do believe they will.finish as one of the worst records. So we disagree. 
Looks like it. Dunno if you’re a betting man but hammer that win total under if you are. They’d need 4 or fewer wins for your prediction to be true and Vegas has them at 8.5. 

Looks like it. Dunno if you’re a betting man but hammer that win total under if you are. They’d need 4 or fewer wins for your prediction to be true and Vegas has them at 8.5. 
I just may. I have them at 5 wins. I believe in the worst team thread I had said they'd finish 3rd worst

Thanks for the heads up. 

I just may. I have them at 5 wins. I believe in the worst team thread I had said they'd finish 3rd worst

Thanks for the heads up. 
@BUF @MIA @CIN CIN NYJ ARZ SF 

You think they drop 2 of these games where they will be likely favorites and also lose every other game. That's a bold stance.

@BUF @MIA @CIN CIN NYJ ARZ SF 

You think they drop 2 of these games where they will be likely favorites and also lose every other game. That's a bold stance.
I see 3 losses, maybe 4 on that list: CINx1, BUF, NYJ, SF

I realize I'm in the minority here on being down on Baltimore. I'd think people would appreciate constructive discussion on an opinion that isnt with the groupthink

I'd think people would appreciate constructive discussion on an opinion that isnt with the groupthink
We’d love this, but you haven’t offered any. You’ve just repeatedly said that you think the Ravens are teh suck without saying why. 

Best I can tell is that you think they have a very difficult schedule and Jackson is a bottom-tier QB

I see 3 losses, maybe 4 on that list: CINx1, BUF, NYJ, SF

I realize I'm in the minority here on being down on Baltimore. I'd think people would appreciate constructive discussion on an opinion that isnt with the groupthink
The biggest groupthink in here the thought that Lamar Jackson can't play QB. 

If they're going to try to turn him into a pocket passer, it's going to end really really badly.  2013 Redskins badly.  They'd be wise to just let him be himself and play the position they way he knows how and let the chips fall.  Sure, he could get injured, but at least you'll get productive seasons until it happens.  Maybe start installing small pocket concepts one at a time and see how it goes.  If I were a Ravens fan, I'd be super worried about an entire overhaul of the passing game which is what they seem to be hinting at.

We’d love this, but you haven’t offered any. You’ve just repeatedly said that you think the Ravens are teh suck without saying why. 

Far too often, when someone disagrees with me, instead of asking why and having a discussion it's laughs, personal jabs, and insults. I'm done trying to deal with that on this board. If someone wants to have a decent discussion I'm all ears. 

Far too often, when someone disagrees with me, instead of asking why and having a discussion it's laughs, personal jabs, and insults. I'm done trying to deal with that on this board. If someone wants to have a decent discussion I'm all ears. 
So, why will they suck next year in your opinion?  From where I sit, they won a very high percentage of the games Lamar played in last year as an unpolished 21 year old rookie who inherited an offense that had not been designed for a player with his skill set.  WIth him and Gus Edwards leading the way, they snuck into the playoffs by winning a lot of their late season games.  They added Ingram, and a bunch of young offensive talent in the draft to go along with Lamar in his second year who this season will be at the helm of an offense that is designed for him.  Logic dictates he will take a step forward given the circumstances, but yu never know.  They did lose a couple key guys on D.  What else leads you to believe that they will regress from last season?

The biggest groupthink in here the thought that Lamar Jackson can't play QB. 

That might have something to do with people who have seen him throw.

Proponents keep talking about how their D will win them games.  Are we talking about the D that just lost a bonafide stud MLB, their sack leader, a foundation piece OLB, and a strong SS?  That’s a lot of key pieces to replace and then expect the same production.  

Far too often you come across as a pompous #### knowitall. It’s a two way street, Doc. 

To put some context behind it, you spouted off a series of “medical facts” about Gurley’s knee, most of which were actually conjecture and opinion. You were rightfully called out on it. 

Theres a right and wrong way to have a conversation; discuss and make your argument coherently. I find most of your takes to be contrarian views and that’s healthy and interesting as long as you are able to explain why. 

To the topic at hand, I think the FF community is far too quick to make a judgement, and far too unwilling to go back and look at a player again with fresh eyes. I fall into this trap myself and have missed out on a lot of players who broke out after inauspicious starts to their careers. 

That might have something to do with people who have seen him throw.

Proponents keep talking about how their D will win them games.  Are we talking about the D that just lost a bonafide stud MLB, their sack leader, a foundation piece OLB, and a strong SS?  That’s a lot of key pieces to replace and then expect the same production.  
Weddle and Suggs aren’t big losses in 2019. Mosley is but Earl Thomas is a big addition. Smith is a loss as well but Judon is still there, the interior line is strong and Sack Daddy Ferguson is going to beast. Elite secondary, good D line, questionable linebackers. Kenny Young and Patrick Onwuasor have some talent. The defense should be similar to last year.

Weddle and Suggs aren’t big losses in 2019. Mosley is but Earl Thomas is a big addition. Smith is a loss as well but Judon is still there, the interior line is strong and Sack Daddy Ferguson is going to beast. Elite secondary, good D line, questionable linebackers. Kenny Young and Patrick Onwuasor have some talent. The defense should be similar to last year.

Now that’s an interesting take.  BAL was the second best D in the league last year and their proponents think they are good enough to win a few games all by themselves, yet on the other hand those same proponents think that it’s built on a bunch of easily replaceable parts.

I guess I’m just a bit more skeptical than you.

Now that’s an interesting take.  BAL was the second best D in the league last year and their proponents think they are good enough to win a few games all by themselves, yet on the other hand those same proponents think that it’s built on a bunch of easily replaceable parts.

I guess I’m just a bit more skeptical than you.
“Built on a bunch of replaceable parts” is where you seem to misinterpret what I at least am saying. Last year’s defense was built on Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, and yes CJ Mosley. You’d have to get about 8 or 9 players deep before you get to Smith who was about as impactful as Judon and about 11 or 12 players deep before you get to Suggs and Weddle. So you lose one of the most impactful guys but add Earl Thomas as an immediate strong contributor and one of the top handful of players on defense. You lose Smith but still have an equal player at his position in Judon and add in a nice pass rushing prospect via the draft. And you lose a couple of guys who were at the bottom of the barrel in terms of impact and will be replaced by guys at different positions but still toward the bottom of the starters in terms of skills and necessity for impactful plays in Onwuasor and Kenny Young.

So, why will they suck next year in your opinion?  From where I sit, they won a very high percentage of the games Lamar played in last year as an unpolished 21 year old rookie who inherited an offense that had not been designed for a player with his skill set.  WIth him and Gus Edwards leading the way, they snuck into the playoffs by winning a lot of their late season games.  They added Ingram, and a bunch of young offensive talent in the draft to go along with Lamar in his second year who this season will be at the helm of an offense that is designed for him.  Logic dictates he will take a step forward given the circumstances, but yu never know.  They did lose a couple key guys on D.  What else leads you to believe that they will regress from last season?
Please don’t disturb the delicate genius 

Users who are viewing this thread