What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (2 Viewers)

Lamar Jackson, come on down.

Lost Big Ben in a dynasty league.  May or may not have pulled him up from taxi regardless of the Ben injury.  He's smokin'!

I would no doubt take a chance on him. His athletic ability is off the charts. That can’t be taught. Throwing motions, mechanics and playbooks can be.

Guarantee you the Dolphins won’t draft him though. 

Idiots. 
Yep....freaking idiots they certainly were. 

Loved him then...love him now. Superstar in Baltimore as long as he does not get killed running the football.

22-year-old now 8-1 as an NFL starting QB.

Going back to KC, site of his only regular season loss, that was still kind of his coming out party as he led the Ravens back from two scores down to take a late lead before Mahomes magic got KC the OT win.

In the 6 games starting with that KC game, Lamar has a QB rating of 113.67, including 11 TDs and 0 INTs, while rushing for 417 yards and 2 more TDs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a lot of rain/thunderstorms tomorrow from kickoff until 3, then scattered after that.  Wind wont be terrible - 13 mph.  Any concerns for Lamar tomorrow?  I realize he is nearly impossible to sit right now, but in many cases he was drafted as a QB2.  I have Dak at home vs Miami and its very tempting, but I cannot pull the trigger on taking Jackson out of my lineup in what could be an offensive explosion.

Yesterday showed that Jackson still needs to improve a lot as a passer, especially considering that KC isn't really viewed as a strong pass defense.

Even adding Brown, Jackson is still working with a subpar group of WRs, and that doesn't help. Out of 43 attempts yesterday, only 17 were targeted at WRs, and only 7 of those were completed. Some of that is on Jackson, some is on the quality of WR play.

Daniel Jones' steadiness, Mecole Hardman's speed, Bills' culture

Excerpt:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Feeling the effects of playing Ravens' Jackson. Even after beating the Ravens, 33-28, in Week 3, Lamar Jackson is still giving the Chiefs headaches. Literally.

"That was the No. 1 offense going in and we know why now," Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said Thursday. "He's a headache. I'm still taking Advil."

Safety Tyrann Mathieu, now in his seventh NFL season, told me he's never played against anyone like Jackson before.

"I wouldn't even disrespect him like that," Mathieu told me. "The kid is so poised even when things weren't going his way. He was still finding ways to extend drives and even threw up a few prayers. But that's why that kid is going to be special one day. Because he can make certain plays that him and my quarterback (Patrick Mahomes) can do."

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland told me Jackson isn't just a dual threat at quarterback.

"He's like a triple threat," Breeland said. "He can run it, throw it, pass it, run the option with it. He brings a lot to the table. You can really see the growth from Year 1 to Year 2 the way he's throwing it. His accuracy. There were some passes that I was like, 'Oh my.' There really isn't anything I can say other than tip my hat to him. He's going to be one of the great quarterbacks in the upcoming years."

Lamar Jackson completed 24-of-34 passes for 247 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Ravens' 40-25, Week 4 loss to the Browns.

As a runner, Jackson produced 66 yards on nine attempts. The interceptions were Jackson's first picks in his last eight games. Jackson had under 100 yards passing at halftime and racked up 70-plus yards and his third touchdown on the final meaningless drive in garbage time. The stat line is fine, but it was a disappointing game for Jackson against a defense missing its two starting corners. Jackson's touchdowns went to Miles Boykin, Mark Andrews, and Willie Snead. Jackson will again be a top-five fantasy passer next week against the Steelers.

The Frankman said:
The interceptions were Jackson's first picks in his last eight games
Lamar Jackson hadn't been intercepted since Nov. 25, 2018.

That was an impressive streak and even with the picks he had a 'good-nuff' fantasy game.

I have been fascinated with the Raven offense well before the season began and haven't quite seen anyone shut down Lamar but with both starting corners and the starting safety out I thought he would do well.  

I'm not an owner but very-interested in the Ravens offense this year.  They threw up a bunch of yards, lots of garbage time but lots of yards.

Lamar Jackson completed 19-of-28 passes for 161 yards, one touchdown and three picks, adding 14 carries for 70 yards on the ground in Baltimore's Week 5 overtime win against the Steelers.

Baltimore jumped out to an early 10-0 lead due in part to an erroneous Jaylen Samuels interception inside the 20, but Jackson gifted the Steelers numerous opportunities on shaky decisions to mount their comeback including two forced throws that resulted in turnovers and another that bobbled off Nick Boyle's fingertips and into the diving arms of rookie LB Devin Bush. Jackson's mobility (14/70) kept Pittsburgh's defense on their toes throughout the afternoon but only when JuJu Smith-Schuster (7/75/1) fumbled inside Ravens territory in overtime did Baltimore have this one sealed. Despite his five interceptions the past two weeks, Jackson is inarguably a QB1 with an elite ceiling at home against the 0-5 Bengals in Week 6

Getting a little concerned.

Especially if they just lost Hollywood.

A matchup at home against Cinci should help.

When you see how Miles Boykin looked in the preseason it's not like the WR core is devoid of talent; it's just a different throw/progression for Jackson if Brown misses time.

After watching him play the last few weeks, it's clear that he still has a long way to go as far as becoming a good, consistent NFL passer.  Sure, he looked great in Week 1 when guys were running wide open all day against a team that is trying to go 0-16, but against real NFL defenses, his flaws are still glaring.  Time will tell if he can get to the next few levels. 

Context Matters @dwainmcfarland

#Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson trends

Yds: 324, 272, 267, 247, 161

ADOT: 12.5, 10, 12.3, 8.8, 7.5

Deep Yds (>=20): 155, 69, 79, 0, 0

Top two rushing atts vs teams using more man coverage (per @SportsInfo_SIS): 

Week 2 v ARZ (46% Man) = 16 Atts

Week 5 v PIT (48% Man) = 14 Atts

Yet, in this twisted world... QB for the 2-4 browns has about a dozen commercials out there. His commercials aren't bad by the way... kind of likeable when he's reading from a script.

And the QB, dare I say dynamic QB, of the first place Ravens... 0.

Yet, in this twisted world... QB for the 2-4 browns has about a dozen commercials out there. His commercials aren't bad by the way... kind of likeable when he's reading from a script.

And the QB, dare I say dynamic QB, of the first place Ravens... 0.
baker was the number 1 pick.  little different.  i'm sure lamar will get there if he keeps it up.

baker was the number 1 pick.  little different.  i'm sure lamar will get there if he keeps it up.
That's part of it. The larger driver here (IMO) was the all of the off-season crap surrounding the Browns being a lead-pipe lock to contend for a Lombardi.

Each week I like to see who Lamar passed on the career rushing yardage list among QBs. This week, in his 22nd game (and 13th career start) he reached 1155 career yards to move into 63rd place all time, passing:

Rodney Peete (104 games)
Rick Mirer (80 games)
Vince Evans (100 games, only 39 starts)
Don Majkowski (90 games, 57 starts)
Josh McCown (102 games, 76 starts)
BTW, how in the world has Josh McCown played 102 career games?

With his next 100 yards rushing, Lamar will pass:
Andy Dalton (11 yards ahead, 126 career games)
Jason Campbell (39 yards ahead)
Matt Ryan (55 yards ahead)
Ryan Tannehill (59 yards ahead)
Joe Ferguson (62 yards)
Matt Hasselbeck (76 yards)
Phil Simms (97 yards)

At 52.5 ypg, he’s #1 all-time, 10 ypg ahead of Vick at #2.

SI's Pete Thamel spoke with one ACC coach who believes Louisville sophomore Lamar Jackson "has no shot at playing quarterback in the NFL. None."

It is worth noting that this coach faced Jackson this season (which almost certainly means Jackson torched the team's defense). "He can’t make the throws and can’t read coverages. He’s not going to have a chance," he concluded. These comments were made when the coach was asked about Deshaun Watson's ability, but it seems Jackson was the preferred topic. Jackson just turned 20 years old.

Source: Sports Illustrated
Old takes exposed 

Are we concerned about the remaining schedule? Not sure if I should look into a blockbuster trade about now and see if I can swing some kind of "upgrade" for the remaining season vs. having him as a keeper in the future. But his rushing might make up for the harder defenses coming up. Then again, it also exposes him to more injury. Debating what it would mean to get Matt Ryan in exchange, or other deals that trade away Lamar's upcoming games for some easier ones.

Or chicken out and ride him forever forward.
Is anyone offering blockbuster value for Jackson? I've got him sitting behind Mahomes and have put him out there as trade bait, but no one is offering anything of value. There are 2-3 teams that he would increase their weekly scores by 10-15 points but they still value QBs very lowly. At this point he's going to be an insurance policy in case Mahomes misses any time with his ankle issues.

Is anyone offering blockbuster value for Jackson? I've got him sitting behind Mahomes and have put him out there as trade bait, but no one is offering anything of value. There are 2-3 teams that he would increase their weekly scores by 10-15 points but they still value QBs very lowly. At this point he's going to be an insurance policy in case Mahomes misses any time with his ankle issues.
Not sure about blockbuster, but I traded him away last week for Hill in a two-for-two that also included Boyd and Stafford. Seemed like an even deal. Of course, you need to find a team that needs a QB upgrade (and presumably have a better option of your own already).

Users who are viewing this thread