What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (2 Viewers)

Lamar Jackson (illness) resumed practicing Friday.

Jackson missed only the second practice of his career on Thursday while battling an illness. His status for Sunday's game in Cincy was never in doubt. The former Heisman winner hung 152 rushing yards on the Bengals when he faced them earlier this year and should display similar dominance in Sunday's rematch. You could make an argument for Lamar as the top quarterback play of Week 10.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Nov 8, 2019, 12:04 PM ET

You definitely want to unload this guy before Belicheck has his way with him.

Yeah, hope everyone took this advice 
My belief is that Belicheck was taking notes during this regular season game to plan for how he will try and stop him when the game really matters in the playoffs.   I don't think he was using all the tricks up his sleeve in a mid season game on the road that really doesn't mean much. 

However, Lamar Jackson is the real deal for fantasy purposes and should be treated as such. 

My belief is that Belicheck was taking notes during this regular season game to plan for how he will try and stop him when the game really matters in the playoffs.   I don't think he was using all the tricks up his sleeve in a mid season game on the road that really doesn't mean much. 
Totally agree. I was saying that as the game progressed. It would not surprise me 1 bit if he was using this game as bait and that Balt, with the success they had, will do the same thing next game and Belicheck will have game planned for it.

Yes Jackson is fantasy gold right now. Enjoy it now because running QBs do not last and once the legs are gone....Cam Newton 2020. In dynasty you want the Drew Brees/Brady/Manning. etc of the world.

Totally agree. I was saying that as the game progressed. It would not surprise me 1 bit if he was using this game as bait and that Balt, with the success they had, will do the same thing next game and Belicheck will have game planned for it.

Yes Jackson is fantasy gold right now. Enjoy it now because running QBs do not last and once the legs are gone....Cam Newton 2020. In dynasty you want the Drew Brees/Brady/Manning. etc of the world.
I see Jackson as a totally different runner than any other running QB.  More in the mold of Vick (and maybe better) rather than Cam.  Cam looked for contact and punished smaller DB's.  Jackson glides and never takes a hit due to his amazing field awareness.  Can it happen?  Sure......but I do not view Jackson as the typical running QB.  He does a better job than any QB I have seen of avoiding big contact. 

If I get five top 5 QB seasons from him like people got from Cam, I will be quite happy. 

Not sure I agree.  I think his game plan simply didn't work (Belichick is the GOAT, but even the best don't crush it in every game), but I have no doubt that he will have a new and better game plan if they play them again in the playoffs.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Right and it's  not like the prototypical QBs can't flame out. Look at the dynasty stock of Trubisky, Goff and Mayfield from this August until now. 
He’s Mike Vick 2.0. And by that I mean he’s an elite runner who needs work on his accuracy. Also probably doesn’t have the arm Vick had. Running wise looks a lot like how Vick did. Nearly unstoppable.

He’s Mike Vick 2.0 
And there will be ups and downs a long the way. If he gets a minor injury, he could be pretty ineffective for fantasy. Where Matt Ryan can play through a bum ankle and still post 350/2, I am not sure Lamar would have much value on a sore ankle. 

And there will be ups and downs a long the way. If he gets a minor injury, he could be pretty ineffective for fantasy. Where Matt Ryan can play through a bum ankle and still post 350/2, I am not sure Lamar would have much value on a sore ankle. 
So have a good backup

So I'm likely going to be on a soccer field when LJ is supposed to play. Do I take him out because of this illness and start Aaron Rodgers or is the illness not that serious?

If I get five top 5 QB seasons from him like people got from Cam, I will be quite happy. 
He could be fantasy QB1 for the next 5 years and this guy is just gonna keep moving the goal post until he can claim he is right.  He is moving them right now with the whole Belicheck laid down joke of a post.   His opinion in this thread should be put on ignore.  Lots of agenda in going on here.

However, Lamar Jackson is the real deal for fantasy purposes and should be treated as such. 
Ok, but why should anyone have tried to trade him?

I'm not sure Lamar is sustainable either in the NFL or FF. It works if the Ravens can stay in games & the script stays on track, but long-term, I have my doubts. That said, you'd be a fool to not take him seriously.

Anyway, I love me some LJ. I'm a Cowboys fan, but this cat is so likeable. I happened to run across a video on YouTube where he's playing somebody on Madden & he's so refreshing as a pro athlete.

Lamar Jackson (questionable, illness) is expected to play Week 10 against the Bengals.

Marquise Brown (questionable, ankle/thigh) will also be in the lineup for Baltimore. Jackson sat out Thursday's practice with an illness but saw his usual reps the following day and should be near 100 percent for Sunday's divisional showdown in Cincy. The league-leader in rushing yards since Week 6, the former Heisman winner should have a field day against the Bengals, who have yet to win a game in the year 2019. He's the top quarterback play of Week 10 and it's not close.

RELATED: 

Marquise Brown

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 10, 2019, 8:09 AM ET

Today Lamar Jackson became the FIRST PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY to post a perfect passer rating in multiple games of the same season (min of 17 att per game).

Wk 10: 15/17, 13.1 YPA, 3 TDs, 158.3 rtg

Wk 1: 17/20, 16.2 YPA, 5 TDs, 158.3 rtg

That’s ok for a 22 year old 
He can't pass though

Users who are viewing this thread