Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[DYNASTY] Lamar Jackson, MVP, Madden Cover. Hopefully Develops as a Passer

massraider

On 4/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ilov80s said:

If the Cardinals let him get by them, they are really dumb imo. Bradford can’t be relied on short term or long term. Then in rounds 2 and 3, get some weapons.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, Ilov80s said:

I think Jackson should go before the Bills get to pick, but if he does make it to them, I worry that they don't want to adjust their offense to a mobile QB. I am not even sure Jackson needs an offensive adjustment to be successful, but I see him typecast that way.

I was worried I might have some #### posts in here. Thank god I got this one right.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think the league I drafted him in, FBG had him there. My memory might be a bit hazy, but that's where I recall him going and thinking that it was awfully high.

*snickers at rockaction circa 9/19*

That said, you could be right. I wonder how to find out ADP and whatnot just by time, date, year, etc.

I just checked FBG for MFL data. He and Dak were QB 14 and 15, respectively, as of Sept. 2. I must be thinking in our Superflex league or something. FBG expert rankings had him at QB12 indeed. 

I gotta be honest. Even as a Louisville homer, I was not fully convinced heading into this season. Our dynasty has 10 teams; 30 man rosters & an IR for up to 10. Further, QBs are extra valuable in our scoring system (not to the level of Superflex tho). So, qbs don't just grow on the waiver wire. 

I entered the season with Goff, Winston, Jackson, Carr & Teddy B. I am now carrying: Jackson ............................... Goff, Winston, Carr & RGIII. I'd love to trade one of my qbs and am trying to find a good deal. However, I do still believe that LJ has a higher than average risk for injury from his running. I am VERY happy to take this risk in exchange for the upside; so I'm not trying to rain on the parade. 

3 weeks ago I proclaimed to Adam that LJ was #2 dyno qb - at worst. We debated. I stand by it. Fight me!

Edited by Man of Constant Sorrow

On 5/27/2017 at 1:17 AM, spider321 said:

It's impossible to simplify an NFL playbook enough to allow Jackson to play QB.

47 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I started reading this thread from the beginning and it’s one of the most incredible things I’ve seen. The level of wrong is off the charts,

that one jumps off the first page.   i shouldn't judge.  i didn't expect this out of him this soon.

5 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

HATER ALERT

Naw. He just doesn't want people to forget that the Chargers defense had a decent game against him and knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs his rookie season.

Obviously the Chargers blueprint for stopping Lamar has carried over into his second season. 

JWB is one of the reasons I didn't get Jackson in some leagues.

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Like how the Lions spent a few years running a short horizontal offense for Matt Stafford. Just pissing away a couple years of one of the best gunslingers of the era.

Perfect example of how a player needs the right coaches.  Ravens as mentioned designed a whole offense to max what they had.  Lions as usual think they are smarter than everyone while continuing their 60 year losing streak.  As much money as all these guys make, I still feel bad for those drafted by the wrong team.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2018 at 6:46 PM, DexterDew said:

I think RGIII could have been a starter in the league for a decade if it wasn't for The Rat...

I'm very curious about Jackson's prospects. I think he is a late first candidate, probably a trade up scenario

Ended up with him on several FF teams and the FBG contest.

Drafted him in 1 QB leagues at 2.02 and 2.08. In Super Flex at 1.05 and the 4th QB right after Rosen, who i wanted more.... of course i took Rosen before him in one, but traded for him before this season (Roth and 2020 devy depleted 1st for Jackson and Samuel CAR WR)

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:
2 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

*Searching for 80's #### #### post now*

I’m sure I have a ton and probably some in here even...

From FFA: Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately

On 11/9/2019 at 7:39 AM, Ilov80s said:

and i oop. 

We need an emoji for these.

*LJ's 45 yard run last week*

MoCS: sksksk! 

2 hours ago, joffer said:
On 5/27/2017 at 1:17 AM, spider321 said:

It's impossible to simplify an NFL playbook enough to allow Jackson to play QB.

3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I started reading this thread from the beginning and it’s one of the most incredible things I’ve seen. The level of wrong is off the charts,

that one jumps off the first page.   i shouldn't judge.  i didn't expect this out of him this soon.

and I oop!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, Ilov80s said:

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, rockaction said:

You do have to give people some leeway on this. They redesigned a whole offense around him, usually not something an organization is willing to do, even for a first-round QB.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Ilov80s said:

That’s fair. The team created an offense to accentuate the talents of one of the most special football players of the decade. It’s sad that it is a surprise and not the norm. 

I was going to say the same thing.  I think the Ravens coaching staff and front office need a ton of credit for this.  It's one thing to draft a talented player but it is a whole different thing to actually scrap almost everything in the playbook and start over to maximize the strengths and limit the weaknesses of the player.  This even goes into subsequent drafts by taking Brown & Boykin in the draft as well as getting Ingram to compliment the running game. 

Many of those comments early in this thread could have ended up right if the wrong franchise took Lamar and tried to make him into something he wasn't. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, Biabreakable said:

Naw. He just doesn't want people to forget that the Chargers defense had a decent game against him and knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs his rookie season.

Obviously the Chargers blueprint for stopping Lamar has carried over into his second season. 

JWB is one of the reasons I didn't get Jackson in some leagues.

The Chargers defense has a few players that aren't easily replicable like Derwin James.  I think that had a lot to do with the game plan that was able to slow Jackson down.

29 minutes ago, Gally said:

The Chargers defense has a few players that aren't easily replicable like Derwin James.  I think that had a lot to do with the game plan that was able to slow Jackson down.

Yeah that Chargers D had something like 6 Pro Bowlers on it. 

2 hours ago, Gally said:

Baltimore's run into the play-offs in 2018 was largely a Cinderella story once Lamar Jackson took over at QB. Obviously he is far-more advanced as a passer, and maybe even as a runner too in 2019.

I took some ribbing when I drafted him this year, but simply felt like this year could be his best season from a fantasy perspective as I felt that one day we would look back and see that 2019 was when he had XX number of rushing TD's and hundreds of yards rushing and those numbers would tail off in the future as he develops as a QB. In a league that rewards QBs for rushing vs passing TDs, that's a huge boost.

Similar to Cam Newton's MVP season where (I believe) he had double-digit rushing TDs.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:45 PM, matttyl said:

So yesterday Baltimore ran a play with 3 Heisman trophy winners in it's backfield.  Has that ever happened before in the history of the NFL?

Can't imagine or think of an instance with 3. 

I can think of one with 2, when Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson shared the Raiders backfield.   

36 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

Can't imagine or think of an instance with 3. 

I can think of one with 2, when Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson shared the Raiders backfield.   

I heard on the radio they had a 3rd Heisman winner on the team, but I don't think it was an offensive player (and thus not all on the field at the same time)

Safe to assume nobody in the least is concerned about Jackson's week 13 matchup vs SF?

Critical week obviously for many as it's the week prior to the fantasy playoffs.

Tempted to pick up Foles (vs TB) just in case I need to break glass in case of emergency. That said, I could use that roster spot to take a shot down the field on a RB lotto ticket.

33 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Safe to assume nobody in the least is concerned about Jackson's week 13 matchup vs SF?

Critical week obviously for many as it's the week prior to the fantasy playoffs.

Tempted to pick up Foles (vs TB) just in case I need to break glass in case of emergency. That said, I could use that roster spot to take a shot down the field on a RB lotto ticket.

I am not benching him. He played well against NE and while the SF seems real, they can be beat and who better than this dynamic guy?

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:11 AM, Bracie Smathers said:

I am more intrigued with the Raven offense than ANY OTHER NFL story this year.

They looked unstoppable last year and the knee-jerk reaction was that once the league got tape on this offense it would be neutralized but a funny thing happened this off season.

The Ravens pushed every single chip into the middle of the table, they pulled the rip cord, they crossed the bridge and burned it down to the ground.  

Their ain't no looking back.  

I'm not sold on Lamar as a passer but I am 100% bought in on Harb's going all-in on this offense and that Jackson will thrive as a runner/fantasy stud till someone can stop em and I'm not soo sure that the entire Baltimore organization would wager everything if they weren't completely sold on this offense working.

---------------------------------------------

The Athletic NFL‏Verified account @TheAthleticNFL Jul 24

John Harbaugh and the Ravens are trying to create something the league has never seen before with Lamar Jackson under center.

--------------------------------------------

Must hear from PFF. >>>>>>

-------------------------------------------

Video clip -  PFF round table discussion of unique Raven offense

PFF‏Verified account @PFF

‘This offense is going to look different than any other offense in NFL history’ - @PFF_Mike breaks down the Ravens' offense.

I love that they went all-in on him in the off-season.

Lamar has progressed as a passer but this is a run-based offense.

The offense has looked different and Harbs has created something the league has never seen before.

Jackson's numbers

• 255 attempts with 168 completions  (65.9%)
  • 2,036 passing yards
  • 15 passing TDs
  • 5 INTs
  • 106 rushing attempts
  • 702 yards
  • 6 rushing TDs
  • 4 fumbles 0 lost

Team stats  show the Ravens with the 2nd best offense in the league and you can figure out if it is due to rushing or passing.

Total Yards Per Game

• 2nd

Passing Yards Per Game

• 22nd

Rushing Yards Per Game

• 1st
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I'm concerned but not "start Nick Foles" concerned. My backup is Ryan so that's a bit more to reflect on.

Lamar Jackson completed 17-of-24 passes for 222 yards and four touchdowns in the Ravens' 41-7, Week 11 win over the Texans, adding nine rushes for 86 additional yards.

With the Ravens running away with it, Jackson took a breather with seven minutes remaining. With his latest detonation, Jackson became the first quarterback in league history to clear 60 rushing yards in seven-straight starts. It was still through the air where L-Jax made his biggest mark against the Texans' pathetic defense, hitting Mark Ingram for a pair of scores in addition to Seth Roberts and Mark Andrews. Jackson's longest completion of the day was a non-scoring 51-yarder to Andrews. He had another "Heisman"-type run, rumbling for 39 yards. Dan Fouts compared him to Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders as a runner. Jackson has eight days to rest up for a Monday night date with the Rams.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 7:20 AM, kyoun1e said:

Cardinals slicing up that d right now.   Between that and what Lamar did to NE, zero concern.

Starting with Lamar’s “Hell yeah, Coach let’s go for it” in Seattle, when he turned a 4th and 2 into an 8-yard TD run, the Ravens have outscored opponents 144-43 in 13+ quarters

Lamar during that stretch:
144.6 QB rating, 51 of 67 for 635 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INT
37 rushes for 273 yds, 7.37 ypc, 4 TDs

Imagine believing that anyone cares what your "take" on Lamar is at this point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Russell Wilson is still my pick for MVP, but Jackson is certainly in a comfortable 2nd place now. 

Luckily, I'm not as hard-core as Mark Ingram. ;)

RW vs LJ is a good conversation, imo. I have had it with the Wilson owner in my dyno. The remainder of the season should provide a lot of excitement.

• Like 1

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 11

Excerpt:

1. Through 11 weeks, five quarterbacks total 50 or more rushing attempts – Lamar Jackson (115), Josh Allen (74), Kyler Murray (67), Deshaun Watson (55), and Russell Wilson (50). All five quarterbacks rank top-10 in fantasy points per game. 

Undoubtedly, this is the year of the Konami Code quarterback.

Jackson is on pace for 441.6 fantasy points, or what would be the most by any quarterback in any season all-time.

Wilson and Watson continue to do Wilson- and Watson-like things, ranking second- (24.3) and fourth-best (22.5), respectively, in fantasy points per game.

The two surprises would be Murray and Allen. Murray is on pace for 319.8 fantasy points, which would be the second-most by any rookie quarterback in NFL history. Meanwhile, Allen totals 343.4 fantasy points over his last 16 games, which would have ranked top-three in any of the last seven seasons.

Edited by Faust
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ilov80s said:

Gosh dang it, they pulled him early again! This guy is killing me.

Given the Ravens are 8-2 and Jackson was pulled for another 4th quarter, is anyone else starting to get concerned about his fantasy availability in Week 16?

12 minutes ago, habsfan said:

Given the Ravens are 8-2 and Jackson was pulled for another 4th quarter, is anyone else starting to get concerned about his fantasy availability in Week 16?

Patriots are 9-1, and I expect the Ravens would rather be in Baltimore for January games.  Reason to keep playing to win.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, habsfan said:

You never know, but as of now they are a game behind the Pats, a game ahead of the Chiefs.  Not as if they are 3 games ahead of the pack.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

This guy is a cheat code. He's doing things as a runner and passer that Vick, VY, RG3, Wilson, Kaep, Watson never did in their peak years (or were never allowed to), he's on another level wow. 

Lamar has only done this for one year (so far).  Vick did have the incredible year in Philly that was very similar to what Lamar is doing right now.  This could be a single peak year for Lamar (I think he will still be very good just not sure he will match this peak again) similar to that peak year for Vick.