What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (3 Viewers)

What if I told you his QB rating last year - as a 21-year-old rookie thrown into the starting lineup at midseason on a 4-5 team - was higher than Flacco's career QB rating? Or that it was higher than Flacco had in any season since 2014? 
I think the couple bad throws he made a game overshadowed the many good throws.  It's not like he won the Heisman strictly by running.  But tbh, some of his throws were god awful last year. 

I was thinking in terms of throwing a football.  More in line with a QB as to you or I.  Either way I was way off with Jackson.  Perhaps as a UK fan,  him playing for L,ville clouded my judgement.  You have to admit, when he first became a starter he was horrible.  Looks like the off-season did him well.
Your judgement is still clouded.

Lamar Jackson completed 16-of-25 passes for 145 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in the Ravens' 24-17, Week 14 win over the Bills, adding 11 rushes for 40 additional yards.

Held to lowest rushing total since Week 1, Jackson compensated with his sixth three-score day through the air. Nothing came easy for Jackson this afternoon, as the wind was whipping and Mark Andrews was lost early to a knee injury. He compensated by hitting backup Hayden Hurst for a 61-yarder on play action, adding short scores to Nick Boyle and Willie Snead. His best play, breaking Matt Milano's ankles on a juke, won't show up in the box score. Still marching toward MVP honors, Jackson has a Week 15 smash spot in the pathetic Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar Jackson (quad) was limited in the Ravens' walkthrough practice Monday.

Robert Griffin reportedly took all of the reps in the portion of practice open to the media. Jackson is tentatively still expected to suit up Thursday night against the Jets. Still, the injury could perhaps dissuade the Ravens from featuring the league's MVP frontrunner to too many unnecessary hits in a game that they're favored to win by 15.5 points. The offense is presently implied to score a robust 30 points.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

Lamar Jackson (quad) "moved around well" during Tuesday's practice.

Per ESPN's Jamison Hensley, Jackson "looked fine in his drop backs." Hensley reports Jackson was noticeably improved compared to Monday. The MVP frontrunner is going to be out there for Thursday's potential smash spot in the Jets. Mark Andrews (knee) is also trending in the right direction. Jackson is the week's top fantasy play at quarterback.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Dec 10, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

Lamar Jackson (quad) has confirmed he will start Thursday's game against the Jets.

Jackson got in a limited practice on Tuesday and is good to go. He revealed he was injured on a low hit in the process of delivering his 61-yard touchdown strike to Hayden Hurst on Sunday. Even with the health scare, Jackson safely checks in as Week 15's No. 1 quarterback against the Jets' pathetic defense.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Dec 10, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

Kicked your butt this year 45-13 and 56-10 last year.  
Literally has nothing to do with the subject at hand.  He was not horrible when he first became a starter, but hey, #BBN white trash is gonna #BBN white trash and make sure they even find a way to inject themselves into a Lamar Jackson fantasy football thread to constantly run their mouths about anything to seek approval.

Literally has nothing to do with the subject at hand.  He was not horrible when he first became a starter, but hey, #BBN white trash is gonna #BBN white trash and make sure they even find a way to inject themselves into a Lamar Jackson fantasy football thread to constantly run their mouths about anything to seek approval.
"white trash"?  You know where you can stick that.  I lived in Louisville for 6 years and can tell you that anyone from Louisville calling someone else white trash is like Rosie O'Donnell calling another woman ugly.

JohnnyU said:
"white trash"?  You know where you can stick that.  I lived in Louisville for 6 years and can tell you that anyone from Louisville calling someone else white trash is like Rosie O'Donnell calling another woman ugly.
I'm not saying that directly about you, but rather the majority of an uneducated backwoods fanbase that follows anything KSR tells them to think.

Sorry I just find it amusing when a Cardinals fan accuses Wildcat fans of being uneducated white trash.  I lived in Louisville a long time and they have their share of what he’s accusing Wildcat fans of.  There, I’m done hijacking this thread and I apologize.

Hoping the Pats and Chiefs win this weekend so he plays next week.  Not trying to get ahead of myself but I'd be stuck without a QB if I get to the championship and he somehow sits Week 16.

NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports the Ravens will rest Lamar Jackson in Week 17 if their playoff seeding is secured.

With the tiebreaker on the Patriots, the Ravens have a functional two-game lead on the AFC's No. 1 seed, and figure to pulverize the Jets on Thursday night. Week 17 is a grudge match with the Steelers — one that figures to be hugely important to Pittsburgh's playoff chances — but the Ravens would have little to gain by risking Jackson's health in an emotional divisional tilt. An absence would be unlikely to affect Jackson's MVP odds, which are close to wrapped up.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 3:25 PM ET

Posted this in the this week Jackson thread, but meant to post it here:

I think Jackson is a really interesting paradox... 

He's extremely valuable to his team, and they need him to stay healthy... However, his value is maximized when he runs more, putting himself at risk of injury. 

They really need to coach that he needs to limit the hits he takes.  Never take a hit on anything that isn't worth it.  Slide if you're not picking up the first on 3rd down, etc. 

You only have so many hits you can take in a career, and you want to be on the field without sustaining a short or medium term injury as well. 

Too often he's taking a hit while running on 1st and 2nd downs...  Maybe I'm just overly conservative. 

Posted this in the this week Jackson thread, but meant to post it here:

I think Jackson is a really interesting paradox... 

He's extremely valuable to his team, and they need him to stay healthy... However, his value is maximized when he runs more, putting himself at risk of injury. 

They really need to coach that he needs to limit the hits he takes.  Never take a hit on anything that isn't worth it.  Slide if you're not picking up the first on 3rd down, etc. 

You only have so many hits you can take in a career, and you want to be on the field without sustaining a short or medium term injury as well. 

Too often he's taking a hit while running on 1st and 2nd downs...  Maybe I'm just overly conservative. 
QBs that drop back in the pocket and throw 50 times a game are also risks to take lots of hits. Lamar isn't tiny, he's 216 and built like a physical WR really. He's bigger than Hopkins, Godwin, has a higher BMI than Michael Thomas, Thielen. Jackson certainly could get hurt but that's just part of football IMO. Stafford, Ben, Brees, Cam, Daniel Jones, etc. Players get hurt and I think the increased risk from Lamar running the ball is negligible. 

QBs that drop back in the pocket and throw 50 times a game are also risks to take lots of hits. Lamar isn't tiny, he's 216 and built like a physical WR really. He's bigger than Hopkins, Godwin, has a higher BMI than Michael Thomas, Thielen. Jackson certainly could get hurt but that's just part of football IMO. Stafford, Ben, Brees, Cam, Daniel Jones, etc. Players get hurt and I think the increased risk from Lamar running the ball is negligible. 
That used to be the case, but I would argue that they have much more protection from hits in the pocket than on the run in today's game. 

I just want to see Jackson maximize his running ability without getting hurt.  Just like Watson, it's silly to risk injury getting a few extra yards when you could just slide in situations that are not 3rd down and important. 

Lamar Jackson completed 15-of-23 passes for 212 yards and five touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 15 game against the Jets, rushing eight times for 86 additional yards.

It was an(other) historic night for MVP frontrunner, as he broke Michael Vick's single-season rushing record for a quarterback on the opening drive. It had stood for 13 years. Jackson now has 1,103 yards on the ground. It was through the air where Jackson really shined, however, turning in his third five-score performance of the year. He tallied touchdowns of five, one, 24, 33 and 10 yards, with the two longest going to Marquise Brown and Seth Roberts. Brown's was perfectly delivered at the back of the end zone, while Roberts was found in needle-tight coverage. Jackson now has 33 passing scores compared to just six picks, and is up to 40 total touchdowns. The Week 16 Browns figure to be his final victim before a likely rest vs. the Steelers in Week 17.

Yea they might wanna pump the brakes on that... Kaepernick looked like a world-beater in his first season starting or so but it only got worse from there. 

Teams eventually adjusted to Kaepernick by taking away throws to the middle of the field and making him make accurate throws to the sidelines. That's exactly what I'd try w/ Jackson, leave my corners on islands and play high-low w/ the safeties. Roman's RPOs always seem to have the primary reads in the middle of the field to make the run read for the QB much easier.

And I dunno if this is still legal, but why don't DCs just tell the isolated end to just ignore the RB everytime on a RPO and just tackle the QB?
Jackson is already a better passer than Kaep every dreamed of being.....much better touch downfield, imo.

Gotta root for the pats and chiefs this week to keep him going thru week 16 at least.  Players were wearing shirts after Thursday's game with the slogan "The North Is Not Enough".

Lamar owner here who was not worried about starting him last night and isn't worried about either KC or NE losing this week so Lamar sits next week.

However, I am worried about next Saturday. Why? Because NE faces Buffalo. 

If NE loses SATURDAY then yup, I'm worried. Balt will clinch.

I'm getting a back up plan. On my wire: P. Rivers (vs OAK), A. Dalton (@MIA). 

Lamar owner here who was not worried about starting him last night and isn't worried about either KC or NE losing this week so Lamar sits next week.

However, I am worried about next Saturday. Why? Because NE faces Buffalo. 

If NE loses SATURDAY then yup, I'm worried. Balt will clinch.

I'm getting a back up plan. On my wire: P. Rivers (vs OAK), A. Dalton (@MIA). 
Would they clinch though? KC still owns the tiebreaker over them 

I think that in the event of a 3-way tie at 12-4 among BAL, NE and KC, KC would also get it because they would only have 3 conference losses, as opposed to 4.

Also, if NE loses to Buffalo, then Buffalo is also potentially in the mix for 12-4 as well and the 3-way tiebreak.

As long as KC wins this week, I think that the Lamar should play in week 16.  The uncertainty around the number of teams in the 12 win range plus being off for a full 3 weeks seems too much to me to sit him, though there is probably some chance that he gets pulled even earlier than usual, though hopefully that would still mean that he lit it up already.

I think that in the event of a 3-way tie at 12-4 among BAL, NE and KC, KC would also get it because they would only have 3 conference losses, as opposed to 4.

Also, if NE loses to Buffalo, then Buffalo is also potentially in the mix for 12-4 as well and the 3-way tiebreak.

As long as KC wins this week, I think that the Lamar should play in week 16.  The uncertainty around the number of teams in the 12 win range plus being off for a full 3 weeks seems too much to me to sit him, though there is probably some chance that he gets pulled even earlier than usual, though hopefully that would still mean that he lit it up already.
Yeah, just read this somewhere else as well. KC has the tiebreakers. If KC wins, Lamar pretty much a lock to play.

Still, KC winning isn't exactly a slam dunk. I picked up P. Rivers (vs Oak next week) just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread