What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (3 Viewers)

Lamar Jackson is negotiating a contract extension without an agent.

It’s a bold move for someone that’s about be one of the highest paid players in the league. Jackson is only repped by his mom, who helped structure his rookie deal. There’s potential for this to get ugly if the Ravens try to lowball Jackson, as teams and players rarely agree on value. Jackson isn’t going to top the $45 million APY Patrick Mahomes got from the Chiefs but should land a top-five quarterback contract.

SOURCE: Pat McAfee Show

Jun 24, 2021, 11:43 AM ET

Harbough said he tested positive after several consecutive days of negative results.

Adam Schefter tweeted Covid-19 related and now the league is going through the science.  Whatever that means.

Someone tweeted he has to sit fir ten days bc he’s positive and not vaxxed. 1) wouldn’t you also have to sit if you were positive and vaxxed? pretty sure being vaxxed doesn’t guarantee you cannot transmit. 2) it hasn’t been confirmed he is not vaccinated. that is suspected to be true bc he refused to confirm or deny last month when asked. 

Budda Baker is vaccinated but everyone assumed he wasn’t bc of some tweets he made last week.

Harbough said he tested positive after several consecutive days of negative results.

Adam Schefter tweeted Covid-19 related and now the league is going through the science.  Whatever that means.

Someone tweeted he has to sit fir ten days bc he’s positive and not vaxxed. 1) wouldn’t you also have to sit if you were positive and vaxxed? pretty sure being vaxxed doesn’t guarantee you cannot transmit. 2) it hasn’t been confirmed he is not vaccinated. that is suspected to be true bc he refused to confirm or deny last month when asked. 

Budda Baker is vaccinated but everyone assumed he wasn’t bc of some tweets he made last week.
Let's hope the NFL gets their procedures all in place before the season starts

I believe if you’re positive and vaxxed you sit 2 days and retest. If he in fact is already required to sit 10 days then he had a positive test and isn’t vaccinated. Which when you’re the face of the franchise and on the brink of signing a $40 mill per year contract isn’t very smart. Just get the shot. Ravens supposedly have 90% vaccinated and I guess if there’s a good time to get the Covid it’s now vs in season.

I believe if you’re positive and vaxxed you sit 2 days and retest. If he in fact is already required to sit 10 days then he had a positive test and isn’t vaccinated. Which when you’re the face of the franchise and on the brink of signing a $40 mill per year contract isn’t very smart. Just get the shot. Ravens supposedly have 90% vaccinated and I guess if there’s a good time to get the Covid it’s now vs in season.
What's the current medical guidance on receiving the vaccine after you have already recovered from Covid?  Is it recommended, or still a gray area?

I had it mid December and my NY contact tracer person and my doctor both said to wait at least 90 days to get vaccinated then. Maybe it’s changed the past several months but that was the advice then

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports Lamar Jackson (COVID-19) won't return to practice until Friday at the earliest. 

Jackson, who missed a game last year with COVID, tested positive for the virus at the start of Baltimore's training camp. He'll miss at least the first two weeks of camp because he's not vaccinated. If he were, he would have been able to return to practice in short order, per the NFL's COVID protocols. Dual-threat QB Tyler Huntley and pocket passer Trace McSorley have split first-team reps with Jackson out. Both quarterbacks have acquitted themselves nicely, according to Ravens beat writers. Whoever gets the backup job should be stashed in superflex leagues in case Jackson contracts COVID again and misses a regular season game or two. 

RELATED: 

Trace McSorley

, Tyler Huntley

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Aug 2, 2021, 11:44 AM ET

Lamar Jackson was not present at Friday's training camp practice. 

That marks two weeks of missed camp for the team leader, who tested positive for COVID-19 in late July. The unvaccinated Jackson -- like all unvaccinated players -- had to sit out at least ten days after the positive test. It should be concerning for fantasy managers that Jackson, who missed a 2020 regular season game with COVID, is still not vaccinated. His vaccination status might serve as a tiebreaker between him and QBs with a similar average draft position who would not necessarily miss a game if they test positive for the virus. Jackson is on track to start Week 1, barring more COVID-related setbacks. 

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Aug 6, 2021, 8:52 AM ET

Lamar Jackson returned to practice Saturday.

This was expected after Jackson was removed from the reserve/COVID list. Jackson missed the first eight training camp practices after testing positive in late July. The unvaccinated Jackson will be at risk of missing regular-season games if he tests positive again in-season. With Buffalo signing Josh Allen to a new contract, the Ravens may look to extend Jackson now that he's healthy.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 7, 2021, 9:25 AM ET

What is thought process on impact of Dobbins injury to Lamar? Good, bad or indifferent?
Bad. Dobbins was gonna help move the chains and help Jackson get chances for more passing TDs. They face 4 good defenses, PIT and CLE, so the more weapons, the better overall for the offense.

What is thought process on impact of Dobbins injury to Lamar? Good, bad or indifferent?
I mean, it's not great. But they'll still have a good running game. Edwards is fine, if not as elite as Dobbins.

The bigger worry with Jackson is that both the O-Line and WR rooms are a damned mess. 

Now Hill gone for the year. Ingram is listed as a starter in HOU. Any chance they make an offer?
It would make a lot of sense for both sides. Not that it would be good news for Gus drafters though. You have to start to wonder how all this injury attrition affects Lamar’s stock this year. 

I liked him over Kyler going into a contract year, but given the injuries I’m bumping him down below Kyler and possibly into the Dak/Russ tier at this point. Anyone else here downgrading his stock with the recent news?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make a lot of sense for both sides. Not that it would be good news for Gus drafters though. You have to start to wonder how all this injury attrition affects Lamar’s stock this year. 

I liked him over Kyler going into a contract year, but given the injuries I’m bumping him down below Kyler and possibly into the Dak/Russ tier at this point. Anyone else here downgrading his stock with the recent news?

Longest-term dynasty investor, and drafted him in my "big" redraft.  Too late at this point.

#### no.  Lamar's ceiling just keeps getting higher and higher every time another RB gets hurt.

The RPO doesn't work without strong A gap runners. Lamar's effectiveness in the run game will be entirely dependent on Williams being able to run between the tackles with authority.

The RPO doesn't work without strong A gap runners. Lamar's effectiveness in the run game will be entirely dependent on Williams being able to run between the tackles with authority.
Lamar makes the RBs more than the RBs make Lamar….but yeah probably not great. You’d expect a drop in efficiency running, maybe made up for by more volume but with an increased injury risk. 

Lamar makes the RBs more than the RBs make Lamar….but yeah probably not great. You’d expect a drop in efficiency running, maybe made up for by more volume but with an increased injury risk. 
Yes, everything is based around Lamar. But when you haven't developed as a passer, the defense will begin to cheat without the inside/outside RPO. Right now there is no established inside runner, yet. Let's see what Williams can do. But if the inside run game is not established, that's one less thing to worry about for defenses and ultimately, the threat of his legs is tremendously diminished. 

Teezee said:
Yes, everything is based around Lamar. But when you haven't developed as a passer, the defense will begin to cheat without the inside/outside RPO. Right now there is no established inside runner, yet. Let's see what Williams can do. But if the inside run game is not established, that's one less thing to worry about for defenses and ultimately, the threat of his legs is tremendously diminished. 
I doubt that.

Lamar Jackson completed 19-of-30 passes for 235 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' 33-27, Week 1 loss to the Raiders, adding 86 rushing yards on 12 attempts.

Jackson led the Ravens in rushing attempts and yards in their first game without J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards following torn ACLs. His touchdown pass was a 10-yard hookup with Marquise Brown in the second quarter to give Baltimore what looked like a comfortable 14-0 lead. But Jackson lost a pair of critical fumbles in the fourth quarter and overtime, with the second leading to Zay Jones' game-ending 31-yard touchdown. Jackson's fantasy numbers still look strong, and he and the Ravens will host the Chiefs in a Sunday night thriller in Week 2.

He was under a lot of pressure.  Max Crosby had his way with OT Aledrandjo Villanueva.  Looks like that will be a big problem especially facing AFCN pass rushers.

He was under a lot of pressure.  Max Crosby had his way with OT Aledrandjo Villanueva.  Looks like that will be a big problem especially facing AFCN pass rushers.
Not to mention one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL. I can't think of a worse group.  Andrews dropped a key pass late in the game (actually was stripped, but still) and Watkins, who failed with Mahomes, was the #1 receiver last night.  Lamar was erratic passing early in the game, but settled down late.

Not to mention one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL. I can't think of a worse group.  Andrews dropped a key pass late in the game (actually was stripped, but still) and Watkins, who failed with Mahomes, was the #1 receiver last night.  Lamar was erratic passing early in the game, but settled down late.
I know.  I was going to say something about zero separation on most routes, Lamar had nowhere to go on most throws.

It 'looked' like he double-clutched and hesitated because he was looking deep when the flat was wide-open on most of his attempts.  I think the defense game plan was to take out the TE since Lamar's biggest passing strength is over the middle of the field, he's poor throwing outside statistically.

He is going to get killed this year.  You just can't run that much with reckless abandon as a qb.  He is lucky he didn't get killed last night when he landed on his head.  

Still not a good qb but one heck of a rb.  

What?  This is a really good wr group.  Andrews is a top TE in this league and Hollywood would be a superstar on another team.  

I suspect all those teams in the middle are pretty bunched up in terms of 'score'

And they repeat what i said that andrews is a top te, brown is great and watkins is not a bad number 2.  If bateman works out then they are even better

This is not the lions wr corps, or the patriots or the so many other teams that really stink

These guys are middle of the pack like 75% of other teams in the nfl

I suspect all those teams in the middle are pretty bunched up in terms of 'score'

And they repeat what i said that andrews is a top te, brown is great and watkins is not a bad number 2.  If bateman works out then they are even better

This is not the lions wr corps, or the patriots or the so many other teams that really stink

These guys are middle of the pack like 75% of other teams in the nfl
Hollywood is a 1 trick poney. In 3 seasons in KC, Watkins never had more than 3 TDs or 700 yards. With Mahomes. Without Bateman, they're a bottom 5 group, only Andrews is special, and last night he let the LB strip him of the ball on the play before the fumble. 

Hollywood is a 1 trick poney. In 3 seasons in KC, Watkins never had more than 3 TDs or 700 yards. With Mahomes. Without Bateman, they're a bottom 5 group, only Andrews is special, and last night he let the LB strip him of the ball on the play before the fumble. 

So you are saying you are downgrading Andrews from one of the best TE's in the league to terrible because of a strip last night?

We will just have to disagree.  I actually think the opposite that this wr corp with an actual qb would be dynamite.  

Users who are viewing this thread