What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (2 Viewers)

I have been offered some outrageous deals for LJ in my dyno. 

I declined them all. 

I don't care about the net gain/loss in value. For me, it is all about fun. And LJ is too fun for a Louisville guy to trade away. 

I will take the future as it unfolds. 

Because the number of cases when running QBs fail to grasp the nuances of the NFL passing game and eventually flame out far outnumber the cases where the opposite has happened.

... and no, Kaepernick at the end of his career was terrible. He was benched for Gabbert and simply had no accuracy outside the numbers. Once defenses took away those TE seams he looked lost. Some will say he had a good QB rating or whatever in his last season playing but that was all compiled in garbage time... he was 1-10 as a starter had a sub 50 QBR.
Kaepernick has career rate stats similar to Andrew Luck.

The number of cases when "running QBs" as you have defined them had a passing season as good as Lamar Jackson's just was is, zero. So you have exactly zero antecedents, unless you count Steve Young. 

Kaepernick has career rate stats similar to Andrew Luck.

The number of cases when "running QBs" as you have defined them had a passing season as good as Lamar Jackson's just was is, zero. So you have exactly zero antecedents, unless you count Steve Young. 
I'm not gonna argue w/ you on whether Kaepernick is or was a good QB... it's a loaded topic w/ other considerations that I don't wanna visit.

As a niners fan all I know is his first season (half season really) was his best and he was progressively worse in each one until he was dealt the ultimate shame in being benched for Gabbert.

And on that second point... you probably could've said the same about Kaepernick after 2012 as well so I dunno about "zero cases". As I mentioned earlier his per game passing metrics in his debut season is very comparable to Jackson in the same offense. 

The last "running QB" I can think of that eventually developed into a quality passer is Steve McNair. Mayyyybe you can throw Vick in there but I think that was also a product of being in Reid's offense. 2 positives in 25 years time isn't a great hit rate IMO and I simply see too many similar red flags w/ Jackson as I did w/ Kaepernick to bet on him breaking the trend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not gonna argue w/ you on whether Kaepernick is or was a good QB... it's a loaded topic w/ other considerations that I don't wanna visit.

As a niners fan all I know is his first season (half season really) was his best and he was progressively worse in each one until he was dealt the ultimate shame in being benched for Gabbert.

And on that second point... you probably could've said the same about Kaepernick after 2012 as well so I dunno about "zero cases". As I mentioned earlier his per game passing metrics in his debut season is very comparable to Jackson in the same offense. 

The last "running QB" I can think of that eventually developed into a quality passer is Steve McNair. Mayyyybe you can throw Vick in there but I think that was also a product of being in Reid's offense. 2 positives in 25 years time isn't a great hit rate IMO and I simply see too many similar red flags w/ Jackson as I did w/ Kaepernick to bet on him breaking the trend.
So, how is Steve McNair more of a "running QB" than Steve Young?

Forget it, I know the answer.

(For those scoring at home: McNair, 153 starts, 669/3590/37 TD, 5.4 ypc. Young, 143 starts, 722/4239/43 TD, 5.9 ypc. Also 96/594/8 TD, 6.2 ypc in the post-season including leading the team in rushing in the Super Bowl win).

Really you're gonna go there? I already listed Steve Young as a "running QB" earlier but then we're adding another 10 years to the sample size. Hell we can even throw Cunningham in there as well. That's 4 positives in 35 years. Still a pretty bad bet.

Really you're gonna go there? I already listed Steve Young as a "running QB" earlier but then we're adding another 10 years to the sample size. Hell we can even throw Cunningham in there as well. That's 4 positives in 35 years. Still a pretty bad bet.
What is your list of "running QBs" who ever had a passing season early in their careers as good as Jackson's 2019? 

The answer is, there are maybe zero. Or at most just a handful, most of whom went on to great careers as passers.

Making comparisons to QBs who never had good passing seasons is silly and unhelpful.

What is your list of "running QBs" who ever had a passing season early in their careers as good as Jackson's 2019? 

The answer is, there are maybe zero. Or at most just a handful, most of whom went on to great careers as passers.

Making comparisons to QBs who never had good passing seasons is silly and unhelpful.
So are you basically saying Kaepernick's debut was nowhere comparable to Jackson's?

So are you basically saying Kaepernick's debut was nowhere comparable to Jackson's?
Kaepernick's debut was good. I think if Kaepernick had been given the opportunity to have an NFL career that he would have been a good passer. His actual career rate stats are pretty good; among players who were in the first six years of their careers and had at least 1000 attempts from 2011-2016, Kaepernick's passer rating is #5 of 20 (behind Wilson, Cousins, Ryan, and Dalton, and ahead of Luck, Stafford, Tannehill, Newton, Winston, among others).

You are asserting that Kapernick's partial 2016, where he had a 90.7 passer rating, 16 TDs and 4 INTs, with 7.2 YPA, is an indication that he was no longer a good passer. I don't see evidence for that assertion. Certainly he did better than many of the QBs starting in the league at that time.

Certainly he did better than many of the QBs starting in the league at that time.
In passer rating, Kapernick's 2016 was 17/30 among passers with more than 300 attempts, ahead of Rivers, Winston, E.Manning, Wentz, Newton, and Fitzmagic, people who all still had jobs in 2019.

His QBR was 21/30, ahead of Tannehill, Wentz, E.Manning, Newton, and Fitzmagic.

It wasn't an elite season but it was solidly within NFL starting QB ratings as a passer. Add to that that he was second among QBs in rushing yardage and first in YPC (69/468/2, 6.8 ypc).

Lamar Jackson said he's going to work on "getting the ball out even faster."

Jackson made a massive leap as a passer from his rookie season to his MVP campaign in 2019, but there's still room for improvement for the 23-year-old. After re-watching the Ravens' playoff loss to the Titans, Lamar noticed he needed to get the ball to his "dynamic playmakers" quicker, so that's one of his focuses this offseason. While it's great that he's taking responsibility for that loss, the reality is the Ravens need to add at least one more offensive piece to alleviate some of the pressure on their young franchise quarterback. Expect the Ravens to add capable pass-catcher to the mix during free agency or the 2020 NFL Draft. Luckily, there are a bunch of receivers to choose from in this draft class.

SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports

Mar 3, 2020, 6:59 PM ET

The argument over running qbs is ridiculous imo. They have popped up throughout the history of the nfl- Tark, Cunningham, Vick, kap, cam, kordell. Maybe if you look at “over x yards rushing in a season” or whatever- it’s a moot point. 10 years ago no one had ever thrown for 5000 yards except Marino in ‘84 now it happens every year (almost.) The nfl changes, and the athletes change, the meta nfl game plan changes. Comparing Kap to Lamar is pointless imo. 

Who do we consider “running qb” anyway? If Lamar throws for 4500/28 (reasonable stats) and runs for 500 is he still a “running qb?” Is mahomes a running qb? Rodgers? 
4 years old, ranking the running qbs (2k yds rushing/500 attempts passing)

sorry, it’s an old list but it’s what I could find at the moment with pertinent info.

Does lamar Jackson’s game resemble any of these players? Not really. Can a qb run and have a long career in the nfl? Yes. Simple as that. 

How about Steve Beuerlein 1999? Mushin Muhammad, Patrick Jeffers.
Good call. I can’t believe he threw 35 TDs in 99. That’s really impressive. Mushin had a solid career but ofcourse we don’t don’t what Hollywood or even Andrews will become. What was up with Jeffers? Did he hurt or something?

Good call. I can’t believe he threw 35 TDs in 99. That’s really impressive. Mushin had a solid career but ofcourse we don’t don’t what Hollywood or even Andrews will become. What was up with Jeffers? Did he hurt or something?
Blew out his ACL in the preseason the next year, never got full mobility back.

That's gotta be a short list, QBs who led the league in passing, in their only good career season, at age 34.

Trivia: Beuerlein actually has a Super Bowl ring, as a backup from the 1992 Dallas run. And he played in that game; his line was 1 rush, -4 yards, 1 fumble lost. 

Blew out his ACL in the preseason the next year, never got full mobility back.

That's gotta be a short list, QBs who led the league in passing, in their only good career season, at age 34.

Trivia: Beuerlein actually has a Super Bowl ring, as a backup from the 1992 Dallas run. And he played in that game; his line was 1 rush, -4 yards, 1 fumble lost. 
If Jeffers could have got his knee healed like we can do in 2020, he might have have a great career.

Your precedents are a list of guys who have never, in their entire careers, had a single season among them anywhere near what Lamar Jackson had in his second year in the league. I mean, seriously, 47.9% career completions Tim Tebow? 

Really the best andecedant is Steve Young. 
Young never had more than 537 yards rushing in a season.  And only had more than 400 a few times.

The antecedents are Vick, Cunningham, RG3 and Newton IMO.  He's a much better system than any of those guys and a better passer than Vick, so I think he'll have continued success, but he's not even in the same universe as a pure passer as Wilson or Young IMO.  And I do think teams will find a blueprint that makes him stay in the pocket more than he wants (though less than they want).

Young never had more than 537 yards rushing in a season.  And only had more than 400 a few times.

The antecedents are Vick, Cunningham, RG3 and Newton IMO.  He's a much better system than any of those guys and a better passer than Vick, so I think he'll have continued success, but he's not even in the same universe as a pure passer as Wilson or Young IMO.  And I do think teams will find a blueprint that makes him stay in the pocket more than he wants (though less than they want).
The passer rating Jackson put up in 2019 is better than any of Steve Young's complete seasons. It is also substantially better than the best seasons of any of the guys you list except for Wilson. (And, it's better than Wilson's best, too, but only a notch better).

If you want to find an antecedent for Jackson, you have to start by finding someone who's capable of putting up one of the best passing seasons in NFL history. (#8 all time in passer rating). Young, Daunte Culpepper, and Wilson are the only three on the list of 110+ QB rating seasons (n=17, min 400 attempts) who've had a rushing season over 500 yards. If you drop it to 105 QB rating (n=33) you add Cunningham's 1998 (a season when he rushed for 132 yards). Drop it down to 100 (n=72) and you add Donovan McNabb, Deshaun Watson, and Steve McNair.

So, start with the list of:

• Young
  • Wilson
  • McNabb
  • McNair
  • Culpepper
  • Cunningham
Speculate where Jackson will end up on that list as a passer. And add in the fact that he's is a better runner than all of them, by a lot.

The passer rating Jackson put up in 2019 is better than any of Steve Young's complete seasons. It is also substantially better than the best seasons of any of the guys you list except for Wilson. (And, it's better than Wilson's best, too, but only a notch better).

If you want to find an antecedent for Jackson, you have to start by finding someone who's capable of putting up one of the best passing seasons in NFL history. (#8 all time in passer rating). Young, Daunte Culpepper, and Wilson are the only three on the list of 110+ QB rating seasons (n=17, min 400 attempts) who've had a rushing season over 500 yards. If you drop it to 105 QB rating (n=33) you add Cunningham's 1998 (a season when he rushed for 132 yards). Drop it down to 100 (n=72) and you add Donovan McNabb, Deshaun Watson, and Steve McNair.

So, start with the list of:

• Young
  • Wilson
  • McNabb
  • McNair
  • Culpepper
  • Cunningham
Speculate where Jackson will end up on that list as a passer. And add in the fact that he's is a better runner than all of them, by a lot.
A couple things:

1. I'm not convinced that it is appropriate to exclusively use NFL passer rating as a basis for saying Jackson put up one of the best passing seasons in NFL history. I think most people who hear that label would expect more passing yards and more passing TDs. I would. 3127 passing yards is not one of the best passing seasons in NFL history in my book.

2. Comparing Jackson to guys like Young, McNabb, McNair, Culpepper, and Cunningham is comparing across eras. Rules are different now. Offenses and defenses are different. It's apples to oranges. I mean, one can read your post as if you think that Jackson is comparable to or possibly better than Steve Young. At best, that is extremely premature.

A couple things:

1. I'm not convinced that it is appropriate to exclusively use NFL passer rating as a basis for saying Jackson put up one of the best passing seasons in NFL history. I think most people who hear that label would expect more passing yards and more passing TDs. I would. 3127 passing yards is not one of the best passing seasons in NFL history in my book.

2. Comparing Jackson to guys like Young, McNabb, McNair, Culpepper, and Cunningham is comparing across eras. Rules are different now. Offenses and defenses are different. It's apples to oranges. I mean, one can read your post as if you think that Jackson is comparable to or possibly better than Steve Young. At best, that is extremely premature.
I'm saying that his passing performance is more comparable to the list above than to the other guys he's being compared to, like RG3, Vick and God-forbid-on-bended-knee TimTebow. Of course he can't be crowned as better than Steve Young at this point in his career, but I think the question of whether Jackson will have a career that's closer to Randal Cunningham or Steve Young is a lot more relevant than whether he'll have a career that's closer to RG3 or Tim Tebow.

By far the best current comparison is Russell Wilson and people seem to have gotten over saying he'll never succeed because he runs. 

By far the best current comparison is Russell Wilson and people seem to have gotten over saying he'll never succeed because he runs. 
I wrote this whole long thing, but it's wrong. Jackson's passing numbers his first full year trump Russell's in yardage, TDs, QBR, everything. Whoa.

This guy, even if nobody needed it said, is special.

I wrote this whole long thing, but it's wrong. Jackson's passing numbers his first full year trump Russell's in yardage, TDs, QBR, everything. Whoa.

This guy, even if nobody needed it said, is special.
But even though this is true, we know that Wilson was able to scale up his performance in impressive fashion. We don't know that yet about Jackson. Wilson is special. Jackson may be special, we'll see.

But even though this is true, we know that Wilson was able to scale up his performance in impressive fashion. We don't know that yet about Jackson. Wilson is special. Jackson may be special, we'll see.
Sure. He's had one great season, he's not a future HOFer yet. He also was solid in the last four games of his rookie season so it's not like it's entirely isolated. 

I just think comparing him to flash-in-the pan QBs doesn't make sense when his "flash" is better than anything they ever did. Even if he's not as good in his next season it's a lot more likely he falls back to Cam Newton levels than to RG3 levels. And he has the potential to be spectacular.

A couple things:

36 passing TDs is awfully good. 

It is apples to oranges comparing Lamar to those running QBs from different eras. Especially in the sense that most rule changes since then, and the way the games are called, pretty much makes it easier on Lamar. 

Can someone direct me to the DeShaun Watson We'll See if He's a Legit QB, I need to see more thread??

Leaving that aside, part of his evaluation needs to include coach/organization/surrounding talent.  The way Harbaugh completely changed the scheme, and the creativity that staff showed, is a big check mark in his favor. Ravens showed more creativity in any Ravens game last year than the Panthers did with Cam in the last five years.  

Ravens are a proven organization, there's no Bill O'Briens or Tom Coughlins hiding in the woodpile.  Pretty inarguable, and I'm on board with the notion that stability matters for QBs (Raiders fan here, trust me on this one).  

Surrounding talent.  Lamar Jackson did what he did with an older Mark Ingram, 2nd year TE Andrews, two rookie WRs, the more dangerous one being hurt most of season.  Expecing this talent to improve from last year doesn't seem far-fetched.  Hollywood Brown, in particular, I wanna see a full season. I'm reading about scheming against Lamar, and scrambling QB+Speedy WR has been working for a while.  Everyone has seen Watson's numbers with Fuller vs without.  

Also, please never forget:  Patriots took Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel before Lamar Jackson in the 2018 draft.    :whistle:

It is, but remember that he was 26th in pass attempts and 22nd in passing yards.  I doubt we will see that kind of discrepancy again.

Coaches in the league are way too smart to let that last.  Odds are that his passing yards will go up a little, his rushing yards will come down a little,  and his passing TD's will come down a little.

Also, please never forget:  Patriots took Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel before Lamar Jackson in the 2018 draft.    :whistle:
The Ravens took Hayden Hurst before Lamar Jackson in the 2018 NFL draft.  No one thought Jackson would be as good as he was last year, not even the Ravens.

It is, but remember that he was 26th in pass attempts and 22nd in passing yards.  I doubt we will see that kind of discrepancy again.

Coaches in the league are way too smart to let that last.  Odds are that his passing yards will go up a little, his rushing yards will come down a little,  and his passing TD's will come down a little.
I think it is likely that Jackson's TD% (per pass attempt) will remain among the highest in the league.

The Ravens took Hayden Hurst before Lamar Jackson in the 2018 NFL draft.  No one thought Jackson would be as good as he was last year, not even the Ravens.
The big key to his success is that the Ravens coaching staff completely re-tooled the offense to cater to what Jackson does well.  It was complete buy in by the organization.  That really doesn't happen often.  Harbaugh should get a ton of credit for allowing this to happen.  Too many coaches try and fit players into their system rather than building a system for the player they have.  To me that is the biggest factor to the success.

Ilov80s said:
Sure, but there have been 25 seasons in which QBs passed for more than 36, and 8 other seasons in which QBs passed for 36.

Combine that with the yardage - 3127 passing yards, #22 in the league last season - and I disagree that it was one of the best passing seasons of all time, which is the claim I initially responded to:

If you want to find an antecedent for Jackson, you have to start by finding someone who's capable of putting up one of the best passing seasons in NFL history. (#8 all time in passer rating).

Sure, but there have been 25 seasons in which QBs passed for more than 36, and 8 other seasons in which QBs passed for 36.

Combine that with the yardage - 3127 passing yards, #22 in the league last season - and I disagree that it was one of the best passing seasons of all time, which is the claim I initially responded to:
OK, I think we're splitting hairs here. If you insist, I'll say Jackson put up "an elite passing season that might have had him in the conversation for league MVP even if he hadn't done any running." 

Just 6 interceptions is what helped his qb rating compared to others. 

No idea how many other top qb rating guys had, or their td/int ratio

OK, I think we're splitting hairs here. If you insist, I'll say Jackson put up "an elite passing season that might have had him in the conversation for league MVP even if he hadn't done any running." 
OK, and I don't agree with that. If he had done no running, IMO Wilson was the MVP in a runaway. Not close.

Just 6 interceptions is what helped his qb rating compared to others. 

No idea how many other top qb rating guys had, or their td/int ratio
Yes, I understand the elements of the rating. My point is simply that IMO it cannot be one of the greatest passing seasons of all time with 3127/36. It's fine if others disagree, but IMO that is pretty obvious.

Yes, I understand the elements of the rating. My point is simply that IMO it cannot be one of the greatest passing seasons of all time with 3127/36. It's fine if others disagree, but IMO that is pretty obvious.
It was 401 attempts. Hey, here's a good few comparisons with around 400 attempts:

1. 257/407, 3357/26/9
  2. 250/400, 3215/24/7
  3. 208/402, 3465/25/7
Those are:

1. Russell Wilson 2013
  2. Steve McNair 2003 (NFL MVP, tied)
  3. Steve Young 1992 (NFL MVP)

It was 401 attempts. Hey, here's a good few comparisons with around 400 attempts:

1. 257/407, 3357/26/9
  2. 250/400, 3215/24/7
  3. 208/402, 3465/25/7
Those are:

1. Russell Wilson 2013
  2. Steve McNair 2003 (NFL MVP, tied)
  3. Steve Young 1992 (NFL MVP)
And none of those are among the greatest passing seasons in NFL history. Come on, this isn’t that hard. Just admit that your quote I originally responded to was an exaggeration.

The big key to his success is that the Ravens coaching staff completely re-tooled the offense to cater to what Jackson does well.  It was complete buy in by the organization.  That really doesn't happen often.  Harbaugh should get a ton of credit for allowing this to happen.  Too many coaches try and fit players into their system rather than building a system for the player they have.  To me that is the biggest factor to the success.
Totally agree.  As smart as many coaches are, the ones that drive me nuts are the ones who try to change players to fit their system, when the smart ones know to tweak their system to fit the skill set of players.  The Ravens coaching staff definitely deserves major credit for revamping their entire offense to play to Jackson's strengths rather than trying to change his style of play to fit a system that pre-dated his playing time.

You didn’t respond to this. Care to retract your statement?
Wait what? In a runaway? Lamar had 5 more tds and a better passer rating despite playing 1 less game (actually probably 2 less games when you factor in he didn’t play the 4th quarter in a few games as the Ravens were pounding teams). Lamar’s team finished with the best record in football, 3 games ahead of Seattle and beat the Seahawks head to head on the road. It would have been a close call between the 2 going by stats.

Wait what? In a runaway? Lamar had 5 more tds and a better passer rating despite playing 1 less game (actually probably 2 less games when you factor in he didn’t play the 4th quarter in a few games as the Ravens were pounding teams). Lamar’s team finished with the best record in football, 3 games ahead of Seattle and beat the Seahawks head to head on the road. It would have been a close call between the 2 going by stats.
Not that Pro Bowl selections mean everything, but Jackson had 11 teammates make the Pro Bowl along with him; Wilson had one.  One.  Take Jackson off the Ravens and they still likely finish .500 at worse. Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they are probably a 4-5 win team.

Not to mention that the Seahawks got just as far as the Ravens did in the playoffs (I know the playoffs don't matter when it comes to the MVP,  but just saying) and were far more competitive in their divisional round loss (lost by 5 on the road to a 13-3 team, while Jackson and his roster full of Pro Bowlers lost by 16 at home to a 9-7 wild card team).

Not that Pro Bowl selections mean everything, but Jackson had 11 teammates make the Pro Bowl along with him; Wilson had one.  One.  Take Jackson off the Ravens and they still likely finish .500 at worse. Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they are probably a 4-5 win team.

Not to mention that the Seahawks got just as far as the Ravens did in the playoffs (I know the playoffs don't matter when it comes to the MVP,  but just saying) and were far more competitive in their divisional round loss (lost by 5 on the road to a 13-3 team, while Jackson and his roster full of Pro Bowlers lost by 16 at home to a 9-7 wild card team).
Seems like a pretty flimsy case when you’re building it off a couple blocks that you say either don’t matter or don’t mean much. I mean come on. He said Russ would win in a runaway. Because he had 1000 more yards in roughly 2 more more games? A couple less picks? While Lamar had more tds and a better rating. That’s a runaway now? Btw don’t overrate the Ravens talent on offense. The line is good. The rest of the skill players aside from Andrews....eh. Lamar elevated them. Willie Snead, Seth Roberts, raw rookie Miles Boykin...

Seems like a pretty flimsy case when you’re building it off a couple blocks that you say either don’t matter or don’t mean much. I mean come on. He said Russ would win in a runaway. Because he had 1000 more yards in roughly 2 more more games? A couple less picks? While Lamar had more tds and a better rating. That’s a runaway now? Btw don’t overrate the Ravens talent on offense. The line is good. The rest of the skill players aside from Andrews....eh. Lamar elevated them. Willie Snead, Seth Roberts, raw rookie Miles Boykin...
Snead has his 4th best NFL season (of 5) in 2019 based off yards and catches, and Seth Roberts did better all four of his prior seasons in Oakland than he did in 2019.  How is that elevating them?   Was Boykin that bad of a 3rd round pick that getting 13-198-3 out of him as a rookie is considered a positive for Lamar??   Also, Mark Ingram, who was a Pro Bowler while in New Orleans, is an "eh" player?  Look, Jackson had a great season, but let's not act like he turned water into wine or that he was playing with mostly scrubs.  He was on a team LOADED with talent.

Snead has his 4th best NFL season (of 5) in 2019 based off yards and catches, and Seth Roberts did better all four of his prior seasons in Oakland than he did in 2019.  How is that elevating them?   Was Boykin that bad of a 3rd round pick that getting 13-198-3 out of him as a rookie is considered a positive for Lamar??   Also, Mark Ingram, who was a Pro Bowler while in New Orleans, is an "eh" player?  Look, Jackson had a great season, but let's not act like he turned water into wine or that he was playing with mostly scrubs.  He was on a team LOADED with talent.
He elevated the offense as a whole. Loaded lmao come on man. Stanley, Yanda, and Zeus anchored an excellent offensive line. The rest of the skill position players are below average as a whole. Andrews is probably the only one considered in the top 10 at his position. Maybe you can make a case for Ingram but I suspect you’ll struggle to list him as a top 10 rb on talent. You start at him being 3rd or 4th in his own division. 

The point is getting lost here. I jumped in to counter the guy who claimed Russ wins MVP in a runaway if we’re only looking at passing stats. I contend that the guy who led the league in passing tds (in roughly 14 games) and passer rating and quarterbacked his team to the best record in the league would be in the conversation for MVP. Sure we could argue supporting cast, strength of schedule, etc but there would be an argument which is the point. Not a runaway. Do you disagree with that? 

You point out he had talent all around him and proceed to give us a who's who of garbage talent that won't be in the league in 2-3 years that he didn't elevate.  You're making no sense whatsoever.  Claiming the Ravens would still be a .500 team without Lamar (which they weren't in the previous 20 something games before he took over) when they had a 14-2 record is also a mind boggling argument to make.  So he is 6 games above replacement level?  That is what makes you the MVP.

And save me the Russell Wilson worship.  He was awful during the back half of the season and single-handedly cost them a couple games.

Users who are viewing this thread