What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jacoby Brissett, NEP - We think... (1 Viewer)

Haha yeah. He's a weird dude.  He seems so smart and conservative on the field... Not so much in his day to day thoughts. 

I've been getting a lot of offers in deep Dynasty Superflex.  Can't decide what he's worth.  Probably somewhere between 1 and 2 firsts at this point, but with his situation I have to think that value increases to where Garoppolo is now. 

26 year old starting QBs without much competition are a pretty hot commodity in these leagues. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacoby Brissett completed 17-of-28 passes for 146 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Titans.

Brissett's fantasy line was aided by a cheap shovel pass touchdown to no other than TE Eric Ebron, but touchdowns are touchdowns and we won't complain. The Colts' offense, in general, was very inconsistent, but they allowed Brissett to take charge in the red zone and he picked up 25 yards on seven carries, too. Brissett gets his first home start next week when the Colts welcome the Atlanta Falcons. He'll be a potential quarterback streamer then.

Haha yeah. He's a weird dude.  He seems so smart and conservative on the field... Not so much in his day to day thoughts. 

I've been getting a lot of offers in deep Dynasty Superflex.  Can't decide what he's worth.  Probably somewhere between 1 and 2 firsts at this point, but with his situation I have to think that value increases to where Garoppolo is now. 

26 year old starting QBs without much competition are a pretty hot commodity in these leagues. 
Between 1 and 2 first?  LOL.  I wouldn't give a 2nd for him.

Wow. Everyone recommended starting him in my lineup, but I looked at his aDOT, and it was way too low for my liking. Dinks and dunks.

Yesterday was all chunks. Good for him. Always thought that Brissett/Dorsett deal was an interesting one, and it's coming to fruition. 

Seriously considering starting Brissett over Carson Wentz this week.  Eagles banged up, drop passes, short week with a Thursday game.   Colts play Oakland.

Am I crazy?

Seriously considering starting Brissett over Carson Wentz this week.  Eagles banged up, drop passes, short week with a Thursday game.   Colts play Oakland.

Am I crazy?
Colts banged up, too. T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess might both be out. Funchess definitely is and has been, T.Y. aggravated his quadriceps. That would be Brissett's 1-2 guys. You'd be left with some inexperienced guys there.

Alshon is set to play for Philly and Goedert is expected to return.

That said, opponent matters. I'd have a hard time choosing, frankly. I'd probably go with Wentz. That's really just my opinion, and as you know, isn't expert. 

He's basically a fringe QB1 in most scoring formats through the first 3 weeks, with Oakland up next. 

I'm stacked at QB in a few SF dynasty leagues and have been shopping him with very limited interest. 

I wonder when the sell window actually opens here?  He's probably honestly worth 2 1st round picks right now.  You definitely can't get that right now, might be able to get a mid 2020 1st at best. 

He's worth more than that for sure in deep SF leagues. 

He's basically a fringe QB1 in most scoring formats through the first 3 weeks, with Oakland up next. 

I'm stacked at QB in a few SF dynasty leagues and have been shopping him with very limited interest. 

I wonder when the sell window actually opens here?  He's probably honestly worth 2 1st round picks right now.  You definitely can't get that right now, might be able to get a mid 2020 1st at best. 

He's worth more than that for sure in deep SF leagues. 
He looks better than the game plan, but the game plan is to keep it around two hundred twenty-five yards passing, unfortunately. That might be why there's a tepid response to him. 

He looks better than the game plan, but the game plan is to keep it around two hundred twenty-five yards passing, unfortunately. That might be why there's a tepid response to him. 
Possibly, but people were not shy about buying Cousins and Mariota.  Mariota sold for 2 firsts right before the season, and IMO Brissett is now worth more than Mariota was then. 

26 year old QBs expected to go over 300 yards are costing. 

I think the market and hype train just haven't started ramping up yet.  There's no buzz. 

Possibly, but people were not shy about buying Cousins and Mariota.  Mariota sold for 2 firsts right before the season, and IMO Brissett is now worth more than Mariota was then. 

26 year old QBs expected to go over 300 yards are costing. 

I think the market and hype train just haven't started ramping up yet.  There's no buzz. 
Ah, okay. I'm not in that market, so I don't know the average offer that should come. I know if I'm a buyer, though, I'm aware of his continued willingness to rely on short passes. I think his aDOT has always been among the weakest/shortest of the starters.

OBJ owner nearly traded me Beckham for Brissett this week in a start 2 QB redraft. A bit rich perhaps, but not as much as you might think, all things considered... Start 2 QB, tons of QB injuries + breakout WRs this year, Colts are a much better team, with better coaching, way better OL, and MUCH softer schedule.

He was close but backed out at the last second, pretty much mostly due to the negative optics of trading ODB for Brissett. I can't blame him, but there is no way I would trade Brissett in this format for anything less than a low-end WR/RB1 right now. I'd rather keep him for depth and to prevent him from helping another team on the cheap.

I'm just holding him, as his value is only going up as he succeeds against his favorable schedule with help from his excellent situation each week. 

I don't really need to sell, but I figured there would be more urgency from others who lost QBs. 

OBJ owner nearly traded me Beckham for Brissett this week in a start 2 QB redraft. A bit rich perhaps, but not as much as you might think, all things considered... Start 2 QB, tons of QB injuries + breakout WRs this year, Colts are a much better team, with better coaching, way better OL, and MUCH softer schedule.

He was close but backed out at the last second, pretty much mostly due to the negative optics of trading ODB for Brissett. I can't blame him, but there is no way I would trade Brissett in this format for anything less than a low-end WR/RB1 right now. I'd rather keep him for depth and to prevent him from helping another team on the cheap.
I miss 2QB leagues. Right now I might as well stream QBs for all the value on the WW 

I just started a league with Superflex last year and it's a whole lot better than top four and then everybody. 
I gave up trying to convince my league on superflex years ago after we went from 10 to 12. Maybe I'll bring it up again next year.

As of now QB7 in one of my formats that punishes sacks and Interceptions harshly.  QB10 in a more generous format.

Next 4 games are KC, HOU, DEN, PIT.

$$$

Brissett came into this game with a banged up team, that got further banged up within the game.

His picks were simply poor throws so that's on him, and had a couple of balls batted down, which I think were a little (and I mean fractionally) on him as well and not having the awareness of the rush in his face, but not much you can do.

Aside from that, he seemed to be finding his guys -- while his accuracy in this game wasn't stellar, Ebron and his receivers didn't help at all with dropping catches, not getting separation, not running crisp routes. And still Brissett had them in the game late.

Big props, he played fairly well.

When TY comes back he should benefit from that as well. 

Looks like easily in low end QB1 territory in most scoring formats through the first third of the fantasy season. 

Probably the most underrated player in superflex dynasty right now? 

Jacoby Brissett completed 18-of-29 passes for 151 yards and an interception in the Colts' Week 5 win over the Chiefs.

He added nine rushing yards and a goal-line touchdown. Brissett wasn't asked to do much with the Colts leading most of the night. Indy leaned heavily on Marlon Mack, who ran for 132 yards on 29 carries. Brissett had at least two scores in every game going into Sunday night, so this breaks his streak of multiple TD games. He'll have a bye in Week 6 before taking on the Texans.

Oct 6, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

It ain't over yet but the early returns are very impressive. The low yards per attempt (6.7) is a red flag but the TD%, INT% & Sack% are all very good (6.8, 1.5 & 3.3 respectively).

He is also leading the league in TD passes/game. I doubt that lasts but I would also be surprised if he doesn't finish with at least 32 passing TDs.

The kid is showing up.

It ain't over yet but the early returns are very impressive. The low yards per attempt (6.7) is a red flag but the TD%, INT% & Sack% are all very good (6.8, 1.5 & 3.3 respectively).

He is also leading the league in TD passes/game. I doubt that lasts but I would also be surprised if he doesn't finish with at least 32 passing TDs.

The kid is showing up.
This all sounds about right to me. His TD passes/game are unsustainable, his aDOT is atrocious, it's not pretty, but it's been damn effective for fantasy, and if I'd just played the darn guy, i'd be over .500 in my mainer. 

He was pretty average for most of the game yesterday, but that escape/rollout/strike to Hilton was one of the prettiest things I've ever seen on a football field.

Set that play to classical music and get John Facenda to narrate it.

I was wrong about Brissett, he seem to be getting better every week.  Not just stats, but his overall make up as a qb.  Having a good OL has helped his development, yesterday notwithstanding.

I don't think many realize what a big dude Brissett is, he's 6'4" & 240 lbs.  What I love about that play is how he kept his eyes downfield almost all the way through the play.  Even when he saw Miller come through and side stepped his eyes were downfield.  Maybe for less then a second when he got twisted did his eyes shift but man, what poise.

Jacoby Brissett (knee) is questionable to return Sunday.

Brissett suffered a scary knee injury with the Colts driving in the first half of their matchup against the Steelers, but he was at least able to jog off the field. He's questionable to return. Brian Hoyer will work as the starting QB for as long as Brissett is sidelined.

SOURCE: Jim Ayello on Twitter.

Nov 3, 2019, 1:46 PM ET

if he goes down for any length of time i would be pretty screwed. i would be onto my 4th QB of the season. Luck, Dalton, Brissett, and onto Schaub.

Jacoby Brissett exits with knee injury vs. Steelers

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Jacoby Brissett injured his left knee early in Sunday's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

Brissett went down early in the second quarter after a short incompletion on first-and-goal from the 12-yard-line. The Colts QB jogged to the sideline and was checked by trainers on the sideline. 

Guard Quenton Nelson was pushed back into the quarterback and stepped right on Brissett's left leg. The QB went down in obvious pain but was able to make his way to the sideline without assistance before ultimately going into the blue medical tent. Brissett never returned to the game.

Colts coach Frank Reich told reporters after the loss that he believes Brissett's injury is a sprain and possibly "MCL-ish", per The Indianapolis Star.

"I think it looks like a sprain, but we'll see to what degree," Reich said, per 1070 The Fan. "We have to see how it responds."

Brian Hoyer entered the tilt following the injury. The veteran signal-caller found tight end Jack Doylefor a touchdown on his first pass of the season to give Indy a 10-3 first-half lead. Hoyer finished 17-of-26 for 168 yards, three touchdowns and a pick-six.

The Colts signed Hoyer after the abrupt retirement of Andrew Luck before the season. If Brissett misses significant time, that signing could prove prudent for GM Chris Ballard, whose 5-3 Colts is trying to contend with the 6-3 Houston Texans atop the AFC South.

Jacoby Brissett has been diagnosed with a sprained left MCL.

He suffered the injury in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh. MCL sprains can sometimes require multi-week absences, though Brissett hasn't been ruled out for Week 10 against Miami. Even with the Dolphins coming off a Week 9 victory, the Colts could probably win this one without him. If Brissett misses time, Brian Hoyer would get the nod at quarterback while practice-squadder Chad Kelly would likely be thrust into a backup role.

RELATED: 

Brian Hoyer

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Nov 4, 2019, 10:31 AM ET

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jacoby Brissett (strained MCL) has a chance to play this week against the Dolphins.

Mort added that nothing is definite. Brissett is shaping up as a game-time decision, but the matchup against the Dolphins could perhaps lead the Colts to be more cautious than they might otherwise be in more of a true must-win game. Brian Hoyer will be under center if Brissett is ultimately sidelined. The likes of Marlon Mack and Zach Pascal are set up well either way in this potential smash spot.

SOURCE: Chris Mortensen on Twitter.

Nov 4, 2019, 3:54 PM ET

Jacoby Brissett (knee) is feeling "significantly better than he did" but is unsure if he'll practice this week.

Brissett is taking things day by day. We'll learn more about his Week 10 status based on Wednesday's injury report, although feeling better is step one in the process. The Colts don't have to rush Brissett back with the Dolphins up next, but it sounds like he at least has "a chance" to play, which lines up with ESPN's Chris Mortensen's report from yesterday. If Brissett is unable to suit up, Brian Hoyer will draw the start.

SOURCE: Herald Bulletin

Nov 5, 2019, 9:03 PM ET

Jacoby Brissett (MCL) practiced again Friday.

Brissett left last week's loss to Pittsburgh with an MCL sprain but has practiced on a limited basis this week and should be under center for Sunday's home matchup with Miami. Even without his top receiver, T.Y. Hilton (calf), Brissett is in a great spot against a Dolphins team that hadn't won a game until they faced an equally inept opponent (the Jets) in Week 9. Brian Hoyer subbed in for Brissett after his injury last week.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Nov 8, 2019, 12:20 PM ET

I don't understand why teams rush players, or allow players to rush themselves back from injuries.

I'm glad the injury wasn't as bad as.it could have been but I still think a full week off is better for Brisett and the Colts. Particularly as this game is entirely winnable without him.

I carried him all year to back up Russell Wilson but with the injury, eh... dropped him to grab Kyle Allen who gets Atlanta at home during Wilson's bye.

Even if Brissett plays they will just run 40 times over Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread