What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jacoby Brissett, NEP - We think... (1 Viewer)

It's a real possibility Jimmy can play week 4, but it's entirely a pain management issue. I think it will probably depend on how Brisket plays against the Texans.

As far as Brissett goes given a short week and not a whole lot of snaps in the preseason I don't think he's going to be startable in any format.

It's a real possibility Jimmy can play week 4, but it's entirely a pain management issue. I think it will probably depend on how Brisket plays against the Texans.

As far as Brissett goes given a short week and not a whole lot of snaps in the preseason I don't think he's going to be startable in any format.
Bridgett didn't get any break with the schedule this week

Expect Bennett (and Gronk if he plays) to pass protect most of the game. They used a blocking TE last year against Houston and it was very effective, they also used Bennett to block much of week 1 this year with Jimmy's first start.

Let me see...in 2 weeks, NE gets back Brady and the best TE in the league.  They are 2-0 with Jimmy G.  Jacoby B. will be serviceable for a week, maybe 2.  My take away from these two weeks is that NE will get whatever they want for Jimmy G. - 2 1st rounders and a stud player at the very least.  Kid can play and showed as much.

My take away from these two weeks is that NE will get whatever they want for Jimmy G. - 2 1st rounders and a stud player at the very least.  Kid can play and showed as much.
I think you are being silly if you expect 2 1s and a stud. Just a silly goose.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Let me see...in 2 weeks, NE gets back Brady and the best TE in the league.  They are 2-0 with Jimmy G.  Jacoby B. will be serviceable for a week, maybe 2.  My take away from these two weeks is that NE will get whatever they want for Jimmy G. - 2 1st rounders and a stud player at the very least.  Kid can play and showed as much.
:mellow:

Or they could be smarter and hang onto him for when Brady can't play ant more.

Fantasy ##### ‏@FantasyDouche  8m8 minutes ago

Belichick opens game w/o a QB & the refs come over & go "Coach, we need 11" and BB is like "My team is on the field" GOING FULL NORMAN DALE

Yeah, no.

Nobody (not even Gisselle) knows how long Brady will keep playing but what we can see is that the Patriots (sorry haters) are in a great situation with the QB position. Speculation was that Garoffolo's performance in the first two weeks would allow them to either take a hard position with Brady as far as money and years; or be in position to trade JG to a team that needed a QB. Now Brisset looks good for his first game and the options are even better.

The one thing I will bet on (health providing) is that Brady will be back in Week 5 hell bent on putting up huge games for the balance of the year to show the Patriots and everyone else that he will be back as one of the top quarterbacks for next year (and who knows for how many more years).

Likely outcome is they try to get Jimmy G good enough to play, bring in a QB body as a street free agent to run basic plays and hand off the football, and keep JE11 as the #3 / emergency QB.

Like everything else in NE, add this to the mess of who knows what the story is. Ian Rapaport tweeted the injury isn't considered serious.

As someone who's been holding Brady and waiting, my only concern is that they may be doing a bad job of protecting the QB and that he's now at risk of injury as soon as he comes back.
?

Houston had one sack last night. Granted Brissett is more mobile than Brady, but I didn't see the line breaking down all that much with Watt, Clowny, and Vince coming at them.

guy tweeted what he thought was the play. If he's right it wasn't a sack it was a scramble and JB was hit downfield. (Wilfork fell on him)

Flynn was never on the Patriots' practice squad, but he was with them during the preseason in 2015. Ryan Lindley was also with the Patriots during that preseason.

Colts acquired Jacoby Brissett from the Patriots in exchange for Phillip Dorsett.

Brissett lit up the Giants in the final preseason game, completing 28-of-39 passes for 341 yards and five total touchdowns. That was apparently enough to convince Indy he is a better option than Scott Tolzien, but there is almost no chance Brissett is ready to start Week 1. This move suggests the Colts think Andrew Luck could miss a significant chunk of the season.

Related: Patriots

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Sep 2 - 1:55 PM

I hope the young man does really well - being part of the Pat's organization, he's probably ready to be a solid NFL QB 

But what about Luck? Is INDY saying this is a Luckless season already ? 1/2 season without Luck? 3/4? 

PUBLISHED MON SEP 11 5:00:00 P.M. MT 2017 

(FFToday) Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has officially been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals, coach Chuck Pagano said Monday. On who will start Week 2: "[It's] something that we'll discuss later [Monday] and into [Tuesday] as we game plan," Pagano said."...We have to do what's best for the football team and what gives us the best chance to move the ball and put points on the board."

Analysis: Scott Tolzien was woeful in Week 1 going 9-of-18 for 128 yards, 2 interceptions, both returned for touchdowns and Jacoby Brissett has been with the team for less than 2 weeks, leaving the Colts in difficult spot.

Thoughts on this guy rest of season? After the bye:

12- TEN

13- @JAX

14- @BUF

15- DEN

16- @BAL

That looks like a rough slate on the surface, but aside from the JAX game, is it really that foreboding? Buffalo has fallen off in recent weeks, and the only QB Denver has held under 13 fantasy points this year is Eli Manning. Baltimore has been second best in the NFL behind JAX at limiting QBs, but they've faced an awful lot of terrible ones (Kizer/Hogan, Manuel, Trubisky, Moore). The reasonable-to-good QBs they've limited include Roethlisberger (might be bad now), Keenum (are we sure he's any good) and Dalton (divisional game). They also got torched by Bortles in London, and a hindered Mariota was solid against them the last time they played (15 pts).

In addition to that, the only games where Brissett really struggled were his first start of the season vs. ARI, @SEA and vs. JAX. Even in those games he was around 10 fantasy points, which is far from a disaster in today's QB climate. In all his other starts he has averaged 18.4 ppg. 

I was initially shying away from Brissett in my 2QB in favor of guys with softer schedules like Bortles. I'm starting to rethink this. As long as the concussion is cleared up over the bye, I think you can make a case he's a solid QB2 or better even with that schedule. Am I off base?

Colts GM Chris Ballard said he hasn't had "good enough" offers to trade Jacoby Brissett.

There's been some interest in Brissett, but the Colts have a high asking price. He looks destined to play out the final year of his rookie deal as the backup to Andrew Luck. Brissett has held his own as a starter, but it would likely take an injury for any team to be willing to step up.

SOURCE: 1070 The Fan

Jun 26, 2019, 1:14 PM ET

anyone's thoughts on impending FA Jacoby Brissett in 2020?  does he get a shot for starting gig or is he destined to be no better than elite backup or temp bridge QB at best?

xenith said:
anyone's thoughts on impending FA Jacoby Brissett in 2020?  does he get a shot for starting gig or is he destined to be no better than elite backup or temp bridge QB at best?
bumper crop of QBs heading into the draft supposedly. Brissett may be a bridge QB for some franchise but i think the ship may have sailed.

Jacoby Brissett won't play in Saturday's preseason game against the Bears.

With Andrew Luck (ankle, calf) already on the shelf, the Colts can't afford to have their backup hurt too. The decision to rest Brissett could be a sign the Colts aren't expecting Luck back for Week 1. If that's the case, it will be a huge downgrade for the entire Colts offense. Fantasy owners with drafts coming up need to adjust their rankings accordingly.

RELATED: 

Andrew Luck

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Aug 23, 2019, 2:28 PM ET

Depends how he plays in the first few weeks of the season if/when luck doesn't play.  He puts together some good tape and he might find himself starting somewhere next year.  Otherwise he's a career clipboard holder for luck.

Users who are viewing this thread